Manly Shopping

Delicious Gelato
    enjoying my shake

Most Recent Shopping in Manly

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

The Big Swim: Feeding My Bathingsuit Addiction....

by LadyRVG Written Sep 4, 2012

The Big Swim is a must stop when I'm in Manly. I am a confessed bathingsuit addict(with over 100 bathingsuits in my house) and love stopping in here to checkout their wares.

Thhe shop is located right on the bustling Corso so you can't miss it. The shop is small but full of every type, color and style of swimsuit you could imagine along with hats, sandals, cover up and other accesories for a dat at the beach/pool. I've always managed to find something unique and eye catching that I simply had to add to my collection.

Our last visit I purchased a cute two piece in a deep aqua blue pattern. The swimsuit was $168 in total which is reasonable for a quality swimsuit.

• Mint (Boutique): Off The Beaten Track

by Daviej Written Apr 19, 2011

With beach culture such a big part of Manly, I wasn't surprised at the amount of surf shops along the main drag. However, It wasn't till I ventured off the beaten track that I found this hidden gem! Mint is a boutique style store that has a cool, stylish but edgy feel, the funky wallpaper was what first attracted my attention. The staff their were super friendly, and very helpful. I would defintaely recommend this shop to anyone who visits Manly.

What to buy: Men's and Women's fashion, denim

What to pay: Items range from $80-$300

• Beaches

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Manly Pharmacy: Sometimes you need medicine....

by cjg1 Updated Aug 3, 2010

Sometimes when on vacation you end up needing a pharmacy. Liz was the first one in need with a spider bite; of all places right on the inside of her nose. Maybe when she was asleep the itsy bitsy spider decided to take a nibble... Oh well she would up with a huge swollen bump that we had the pharmacist investigate. He prescribed an ointment three times daily. It burned like hell but it did eventually get the bite to drain then scab.

Our second visit here was for some sore throat medication for me. After coming from cold NY winter weather to 90 degree heat; my body was rebelling. I was given a pack of Strepsils lozenges for my throat. They didn't taste bad with a nice orange flavor and fixed my throat.

What to pay: Liz's ointment was $10 and my lozenges were $8.

The Big Swim: Bikini Madness

Liz's new suit...

The Big Swim caught our eye with their huge "Sale" sign then the incredible looking suit in the window. Liz and I ventured into the shop where we saw every type of bathing suit in an array of colors and patterns. We found the suit in the window and guesstimated her AU size. After trying on the suit it was a definite must have. We went to the cashier to check out and were surprised at how much of a sale it was. The suit was on the rack for $220 and the price rang up for $159.90.

What to buy: My wife bought a bikini in a primary color pattern with a tie around the neck on the top.

What to pay: The bikini was on sale for $159.90

• Beaches

Street Markets: A Little Bit of Everything

by cjg1 Updated Aug 3, 2010

When Liz and I were wandering through Manly there was a street market on one of the side streets of the Corso. There were numerous stalls and tents set up with vendors selling everything from soap, clothing and jewelry. We wandered through and browsed the merchandise. We didn't see anything that called out for us to purchase so we walked on to the beach.

Gelatissimo: Cones

Delicious Gelato

We stopped here for a nice treat in the warm weather. Gellatisimo is a chain that sells Gelato and Gelato based items such as milkshakes. I decided to get a chocolate chip mint shake and Liz has a chocolate gelato cone. My milkshake was too thin for my liking but Liz enjoyed her creamy chocolate cone.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

The Corso Shops.: The Corso

by Openseas Updated Dec 18, 2007
    The Corso

The Corso has about everything you will need if staying in Manly.

There is a massive newsagency, chemist, coles supermarket, gift stores, clothes, surf shops and many, many cafes and restuarants.

There are plenty of ATM machines located in The Corso.

• Seniors

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Brookvale Mall: Huge shopping complex.

by Openseas Updated Dec 18, 2007

Brookvale Mall houses many departments stores and speciality shops. You could literally spend all day here and not see everything.

If visiting Manly and wanting to do some shopping then this is the place to go. Basically, it has everything that the city does so there is no real reason to go hopping into the city, unless you want to see our beautiful harbour.

• Seniors

• WaRPer's Profile Photo

The Corso: Manly's Corso - a great shopping street

by WaRPer Written Jul 19, 2006

As soon as you get off at the ferry (from Circular Quay), walk down the Manly Ferry Terminal directly ahead to ‘The Corso’. A real deal for shoppers especially if you’re into sporting clothes; Quiksilver, Roxy, Rusty, Mambo,…you name it!! Also full of souvenirs shops and exotic restaurants. I’m sure every girls will love this place, you can spend all day long just to shop around here, I think it’s even better than the famous Bondi Junction.

What to buy: Quiksilver, Mambo, all that kinda brands.

• globetrotter06's Profile Photo

Warringah Mall: Shopping and cinema

by globetrotter06 Written Apr 11, 2006

You can either take the bus (15 mins) or walk (40 mins) to this shopping centre, which is supposed to be the biggest on the Northern Beaches. It hosts a large amount of shops, restaurants - and cinemas (don't miss discount Tuesdays with tickets for just 8,5 $!). To be a shopping centre it is actually architectured quite nicely, not as cramped and dark as some tend to be. But you can easily get lost in here, because of the labyrinths of shopping avenues, slopes and corners everywhere...

• CindyLou99's Profile Photo

Shopping in Manly

by CindyLou99 Written Sep 20, 2005

There are many different types of shops along the main street in Manly, It will take you most of the day to visit all of them. Some are quite touristy but other are local shops. Really neat to see.

What to buy: There is a great variety of things to buy there from surf boards to post cards.

What to pay: The prices will vary depending on what you are buying...

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Andy's Book Exchange: Great Place to get Books!

by saraheg77 Written Apr 25, 2005

Andy's

I was rather shocked at the price of books in Australia. They seem to generally be about twice what they cost in the US. I knew I would have to buy used books or make better use of the library!

So, I was pleasantly surprised to find Andy's Book Exchange here in Manly. They buy and sell used books! I took in one of my books and got a $4 credit towards the book I found for $6.60, so only had to pay $2.60 and came away with a new book to read! :)

The shop was small, but seemed to have a good variety of books, so pop in and take a look around!

What to buy: Books of any shape or size! :)

What to pay: $5-$10 depending on the book

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Manly Souvenir Gift Land: Inexpensive Souvenirs in Manly!

by saraheg77 Updated Apr 20, 2005

Souvenirs!

This small shop had great prices! Cheaper than the same items I saw in several other stores, so pop in for a look if you need some souvenirs in Manly!

Only down side was the very small aisles down each side of the store. It was difficult to get past other people, so go when it isn't crowded!

What to buy: There was a variety of Australian souvenir gifts to take home or give to your friends. They also had several t-shirts and things specificlly about Manly beach.

What to pay: $7.95 for a t-shirt!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Coles: The Place to get some Groceries!

by saraheg77 Updated Apr 20, 2005

Coles Supermarket

Coles on The Corso in Manly is a large supermarket, with a big variety of foods and household items.

It is opened Sunday-Friday 6am-midnight and Saturdays 7am-midnight.

There is a rewards program called FlyBuys where you earn 2 FlyBuy points for every $5 you spend. The points are redeemable for a variety of rewards.

What to buy: Almost anything you need is available! Just check and see and ask if you can't find it!

What to pay: Normal grocery prices! I spent $7.79 for a 10 pack of Diet Cokes and $1.69 for a loaf of raisin bread.

Instant Answers: Manly

Comments

Manly Shopping

Reviews and photos of Manly shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Manly sightseeing.