Nelligen Travel Guide

Nelligen Things to Do

by globetrott Written Mar 18, 2012

In 1858 the very first postoffice of Nelligan was built in the shop of a local merchant, before this pretty building in my became the Postoffice between 1900 and 1982.
    Then it was transferred into a modern Guesthouse - see my extra pictures as well, it looks like a really great place to stay for some days ! there is a small terrace in front of some rooms and a great garden and fence around the house.
    You will find more pics about this B&B in my travelogue !

by globetrott Written Mar 18, 2012

The old courthouse of Nelligan was built in 1893 and in 1940 it was transferred into the anglican Church of the village.
    From this church you also have a great view down on the river and a tiny belfry is standing in front of the church, where you will also find some benches under a covered terrace.

• Religious Travel

by globetrott Updated Mar 18, 2012

The former catholic church of Nelligan is for sale now and it is the most impressive church of Nelligan with a giant tree in front of it and also a bit of garden around the church. In case you are interested to buy it, take a look at the last picture in my travelogues about that church in order to contact the seller.

• Photography

Nelligen Warnings and Dangers

by globetrott Written Mar 18, 2012

I had a severe problem with some inscects that were all of sudden attacking my left foot: 10 or more of them were biting my foot through the socks. I lifted the end of my trousers and saw lots of black insects with some kind of a woolen body, almost no feet, no wings and so I started to rub my trousers against my socks and obviously killed all of them that way or maybe they found a way to escape.
    These stiches were hurting for 3-4 days and I was really glad they were obviously not poisened.
    They must have jumped on my socks, while I was taking some pics on the cemetery, local people told me they might have been "earth-wasps" or something similar.
    When you considder that some of the most poisonous spiders on earth are living in that area it could have taken a worse end as well...

• Adventure Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

Nelligen Off The Beaten Path

by globetrott Written Mar 18, 2012

The cemetery of Nelligan is a bit outside of the village, it is best to drive there by car !
    Some of the graves are in the woods, some are spread over the hill. I had a little walk around that cemetery because I was looking for european names and inscriptions.
    Be carefull, where you step, I almost had a severe problem with some insects - read more about it in my "Danger & Warning-tips" !

Instant Answers: Nelligen

Comments

Nelligen Travel Guide
Map of Nelligen