North Haven Sports & Outdoors

The Big Bream catch age 10-11
    by aussiedoug

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in North Haven

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Waves for surfing, bodyboarding, bodysurfing

by aussiedoug Updated Apr 4, 2011

My nephew, New Year's Day at North Haven

North haven beach is where I learnt to surf from about 10 and a half onwards while I borrowed (bludged in good old Aussie slang) surfboards until I could buy my own at about 12 years old.
    Your homebeach always remains your favourite even though it isn't the best wave in Australia. Crescent Head is really a much better wave when it's working. but North Haven can be pretty good when it's on.
    I'll add a piccie or two in acouple of weeks when we are on holidays up there.

Equipment: Obviously your own surf gear. There's nowhere to rent/hire it at this stage.

• Surfing

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Fishing of all types

by aussiedoug Written Dec 22, 2003

The Big Bream catch age 10-11

I was a keen fisherman as a kid. Used to have my favourite rock on the breakwall/breakwater. Often caught 30+ Leatherjackets in 2-3 hours fishing on slack high or low ater plus an hour or so either side.
    It used to be a great spot for catching Blackfish in the autumn too, but I don't know how good it for any fishing is these days.
    My stepfather, a mate of his & my father-in-law go beach fishing and catch whiting, schnapper, flathead and even salmon on occasions.
    Of course you can also hire a boat and throw a line in in the river or one of the lakes.

Equipment: I know you can hire boats at the Dunbogan Boatshed, but I don't know about other gear so check out the website below for more info'.

• Fishing

Instant Answers: North Haven

Comments

North Haven Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of North Haven sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for North Haven sightseeing.