North Sydney Restaurants

• Suave young Chef out to prove fresh is great!
    Suave young Chef out to prove fresh is...
    lovelyu authentic Italian pizza
    happy diners at Mezza Via

Most Recent Restaurants in North Sydney

Mezza Via: Savour the Authentic Taste of Italian Cuisine

by AusPinay Updated Feb 9, 2012

It is a genuine Italian restaurant, specialising on carefully and freshly prepared pizzas using the finest and freshest ingredients for their menus which are true to their roots..the Italian traditional way with emphasis on gourmet dining.

Ambience is simple elegance, muted at times, with lovely wooden flooring, red brick facade reminiscent of the true blue Italian pizzerias we've been to in Milan, Venice an Ancona, Italy.

The young Chef Reynor, at 25 is at the helm in the kitchen producing those lovely pizzas- our fave Margherita pizzas simply made with love- fresh, pure and unaldutlereated, the finsest flour for the pizza base and freshest mozzarella with fresh herbs and tomato base that is to die for..with a smoky and rich flavour yet not offensive..just right..the way we had the pizzas and pastas in Italy.

Staff's lovely, Steve the other owner was friendly and good natured, happy to answer my nosy questions too! The wait staff headed by the Chef's girlfiriend whose family used to be the original owner was so good at what she does you would really think it was her own business she was operating..and very soon too I think!

Kudos to the staff of MEZZA VIA for their hard work and lovely disposition, they will be around for many more years if they keep up with the high standards they have set. We're going back with the boys as they will love the pizzas and the gelato, another Italian fave food of the Rea family!

Favorite Dish: Love the bruschetta- fresh, simple yet full of flavour that is just right!

Alsot he Margherita pizza, the salad of crisp arugula leaves with balsamic and vinegar oil dressing.I just love balsamic vinegar and I can eat the salad all on its own too! The bread was rightly toasted, not too crunchy and easy to finish! The portions were substantial too!

Suave young Chef out to prove fresh is great! lovelyu authentic Italian pizza happy diners at Mezza Via my fave bruschetta of freshly cut vegies soft shell crab (with Filipino style dipping)
    • Business Travel

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

The Coffee Emporium Rouse Hill: Lovelier the Second Time Around!

by AusPinay Updated Dec 27, 2011

It was a case of lovelier the second time around for my husband and I when we gave this cafe a second look upon the invitation of its very hardworking owner, Chadwah Issa. Chadi as he is called has Lebanese ancestry and has been in Australia since he was a little boy of two years old coming from Beirut in Lebanon.

In our first visit, I did give the cafe a bit of a hard time so to speak as the menu was quite boring. But, after reading Chadi's email, I decided to give the place a second visit, to the behest of my husband. Normally if we complain about the food at a previous restaurant we've been to, we do not return. My husband for one gets paranoid that if we come back, the chef might "spit" on our food.

Well, my plan was to go there and casually order and not identify ourselves. However, the owner recognised us immediately upon our arrival. He said a quick hi as the place was super busy! It was a far cry from the time we went there months before. The decor was quite enhanced this time, with menus scrawled over the mirrors and the blackboard in front of the shop. There are more food products, a lovely and tasty looking spread of baked goods, and many more additional items which made me doubt for a while, did I come to the right place?

Indeed, the place has been invigorated with a whole new menu which Chadi told us he changed for only two weeks. It seemed to be working as the place was packed, particularly the outside area were tables were full of diners, enjoying the weather and the water features at the adjacent town plaza, filled with a giant Christmas tree, refreshing fountains, among others.

We ordered bacon sandwich for my husband and a simple ham and provolone cheese sandwich on sour dough bread for me. They were both good! Bread was fresh this time around compared to the stale and dry brioches we had last time.

Dave had a long black and I had my usual decaf latte which was ok. You cannot go wrong with decaf..unless sometimes a few cafes scrimp on the actual coffee. but mine was alright. Nothing fancy, but I really still prefer the coffee at Nadia's. So this is another constructive criticism, decaf coffee could still be improved!

But it is a thumbs up for us this time, Chadi, congrats to you and your team!

Favorite Dish: As this is only our second time, I would say the best one is my husband's order of simple bacon sandwich but with a lot of green salad and tomatoes. I tasted it a bit and it was better than I expected for a simple bacon sandwich.

They have other selections which include mushrooms on bread with pesto , you get to choose the type of bread you like, similar to the Subway style. When we were there, there were a few take away orders of bacon and egg sandwich which seems to be popular. I might try the avocado and ham sandwich next time on rolls with plenty of green salad. The ingredients are really fresh, especially the breads which make for a great place to start your day.

So I shall end by saying, I might return for a third time and try Chadi's other creations! We did try to pay full price but he insisted for us not to, so we accepted a discount which we put back in the tips box which was full of different denominations proving the customer love to go back and reward the four man staff there on busy days.

Chadi, 27 years old, who lives in Lilyfield is a good example of someone who has persevered and is reaping the rewards of his hard work! Best of luck to you and your staff mate!!May I add the friendly staff is a big deal for most people like me so well done once again! (And they didn't spit on our food, we watched with eagle eyes when they were making our orders!)

Lovely brekky to start our day, thanks Chadi! Owner Chadi Issa happily posing with the vt flag. busy owner & cook preparing meals in full view My honey enjoying his brekky at the front of the cafe with lots of customers

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

Coffee Emporium, Rouse Hill Town Centre: LOUSY COFFEE & Bland Decor!

by AusPinay Updated Dec 22, 2011

For a coffeehouse, it is a bit of a disappointment!

Despite just drinking decaf brewed coffee for years now (can't take 100% caffeine anymore or else I can't go to sleep), I was surprised to get a lousy coffee in this so-called coffee lovers' place!

The brioches we ordered (on specials at $4.50) with ham & cheese were also yucky! We've tasted better somewhere not necessarily Italian quality like the ones we ate each day in Milan or Venice which I will not expect form them.The bread tasted stale and just unappetizing! I must add the salad greens filled us up more, thanks to the balsamic dressing.

I cannot say much too for the decor, which was uninteresting- just one long hall, the kitchen was exposed to all, the tables are at the far end of the room though there are small lounges ( just a few, enough to take 2-3 people!) A lot of space is wasted on the hallway going to the inside tables which were probably just 4! How will they make money?

A lot has to be changed in this place if it is to survive!

The only saving grace was he middle-aged looking woman who served me the lemon tart, I actually ordered lemon meringue pie, but hubby says not to complain anymore, she was friendly and smiled a lot, but not the other two servers/employees there, they just had bored looks on their faces! Mind you we were there early so I cannot give them the excuse that they must be tired.

We were not surprised that at around 10, not many people were there!

Favorite Dish: Nothing really! Don't go there if your fussy with coffee and food like me, you might be sorry! (I shall check soon, if they've changed.)

My homemade pancakes & Lillypilly jam are  better!

• cybergenic's Profile Photo

VC Bar: Affordable Pub food

by cybergenic Updated Apr 4, 2011

Essentially a pub, VC Bar offers excellent pub food comparable to some of the better restaurants in the area (At a quarter the price)

Favorite Dish: AU$8.00 : Grain-fed 250g-eye fillet with creamy mash and red wine jus

Need i say more?

VC Bar
    • Beer Tasting
    • Women's Travel

The Coffee Club: BEST BRUNCH FOOD, Even for the Kids

by AusPinay Written Feb 21, 2011

The place has a practical set-up: you don't have to wait for someone to get your order. You go to the cashier, order and pay and you're given a number to put on your table and the food gets delivered to you when it's ready!

Decor is modern, though the tables are a bit small especially for a family of four. Kids' meal are very good & tasty, I was tempted to order from it too.

We've been here a few times (hubby & I) so we took the boys with us one weekend and found more reasons to go back. Service is good too though there is a tendency to wait longer for main meals. Coffee is great here too plus the pastries and banana cake, etc..

Favorite Dish: Aside from the great coffee (my decaf latte still tasted likereal coffee without the guilt!), I love the banana bread, my youngest the ham and cheese fingers which came with a serve of chips and drink (he had raspberry w/.c was good too!). The breakfast meal is substantial- bacon, eggs, 4 slices of toast with coffee and a big glass og orange juice for $15 (hubby's fave order).

spinach&  ricotta canelloni w/ garden salad substantial brekky kids' meal's great too! steak sandwich for older son

Saigon Spice: Authentic, Fresh and Affordable Vietnamese Cuisine

by AusPinay Written Oct 27, 2010

There's a new dining hot spot in Blacktown, Saigon Spice. It is by far the onlyrestaurant in the area that offers authentic, fresh and affordable Vietnamesedishes that you and your family will enjoy over and over again!We entered the tastefully decorated venue greeted bya warm smile from its friendly assistant Sol who ushered us to a table alreadyset with white bowls and shining cutlery. We were warned to come a bit late toavoid the rush of office workers who've become regular customers due to thegood reputation it is earning and the reasonable prices on offer!Owner Mary, born in Saigon and a resident of Sydney for several
    decades is quick to admit her passion for Vietnamese food was nurtured by hergrandfather, Bay Tinh, who operated and cooked for the family owned restaurantin Marrickville for 25 years.

She shared proudly that her grandfather, now retiredhad even worked for the President of Vietnam as his personal Chef in the 70's.For added home style taste, Mary and her mother both do the cooking too!

Saigon Spice is a breath of fresh air with our search for genuine, unspoilt and affordable Vietnamese food well and truly over!

Favorite Dish: We excitedly sampled the very popular dish,Pho Bo or Beef rice noodle soup ($10) which was indeed the real deal! What a
    relief to discover this unpretentious but satisfying dish is as good as it getshere in Saigon Spice!
    As a regular patron of Vietnamese food, I expectedfresh crisp mint leaves and bean sprouts and chopped red chillies to be servedwith the soup. I was not disappointed. It was also accompanied with a varietyof sauces- chilli, fish or soy sauce which form part of this iconic cuisine!

We also ordered the attractively presented Springrolls (Cha Gio) and were amazed at how tasty they were even without the dippingsauce! They were substantial and were included in the regular Lunch Specials ofthe restaurant. At $6 for four pieces, eaten with rice or with the soup wouldmake a hearty meal for two indeed!
    My dining companion who has only been to a Vietnameserestaurant twice in Sydney is delighted to also order the Crispy pancake ( BanhXeo), with a generous filling of freshly cooked prawns, and a combination of meat slices also served with lettuce, mint leaves, Julienne carrots and radish.

Mary even glady cut the pancake for us and gave us
    pointers on how to eat the pancake made of rice flour and lentils. I likened
    the experience similar to having the Chinese version of Sang Choy Bow! It was
    simply delicious!

with Mary who runs tha family owned Saigon Spice Muted lighting and tastfully decorated interiors another view of the newest eating hotspot

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

Star Buffet: Buffet with the Most- Sushi, Yumcha, Carvery, etc.

by AusPinay Written Aug 28, 2010

This place is very popular due to the wide selection of dishes- there's even a sushi train and chocolate fountain aside from the usual buffet fare- carvery, Asian dishes, hot and cold food, salads, yummy desserts,etc..complete with free coffee and tea with the tariffs!It can be a bit crowded weekends but arrive early when they first open at about 11:30 am to get a good seats.

At about $13 for members and $14.50 for visitors, the price is a bargain!

Favorite Dish: I especially love the soups and the salads, barbecued pork (authentic Chinese) and other Asian dishes.

enjoying the food satisfied couple

Midori Japanese Food: YUMMY & HEALTHY JAPANESE FAST FOOD

by AusPinay Written Aug 14, 2009

I've been having my lunches almost every week at Westpoint usually on weekends and almost always I just grab my fave dishes from this great fast food shop. The service is always fast, the food yummy and healthy and there's always plenty of surprises whenever I visit. You can choose two dishes and rice or noodles for less than $10 and there's also miso for a mere $1.50!

Favorite Dish: I love the tofu and vegies which is very healthy- using fresh ingredients, especially the tofu which is tender yet still nice when you bite it. The vegies are equally fresh and nicely cooked- just right, like the broccoli which is another fave of mine, the mushrooms and the carrots, cooked to perfection!

Another one I like is the crispy honey chicken, lately also the porkchops which taste like our FIlipino style tocino or sweet pork dish I used to love back home!

Then there's the peppered beef and mushrooms which are always nicely done.

Of course their range of sushi is also great, hubby loves their seafood sushis too!

tofu & vegies

Niko Niko Roll & Sushi: Yummy Sushi But Hot Food Takes Long

by AusPinay Written Jul 7, 2009

This place is just inside our plaza, which is 1000 metres from our home so we come here often for a quick bite. However, it is not so quick if you order hot food like the chicken ramen or udon noodles which my son and I love so much. So makek sure you consider this. However the sushi train is always available with freshly made sushi of all sorts- salmon, octopus, prawns and other seafood are always nice, plus our fave ones- with tofu, and other typical sushi menus.

Favorite Dish: We love the Japanse tofu used as wrappings for sushi rice. My boys love the salmon and other seafood dishes. We also order miso soup and ramen which are really good. It is just surpising why it takes a long time for the hot dishes to be served, that's all but otherwise we love it here, we come here often!

lovely sushi at NikoNiko

Niko Niko Roll & Sushi: Yummy Sushi But Hot Food Takes Long

by AusPinay Written Jul 7, 2009

loively sushi at NikoNiko

BB's Cafe: Good Service But Cold "Hot" Food

by AusPinay Updated Jul 7, 2009

The coffee is fairly fine but what disappointed us was the food - pancakes served lukewarm/almost cold really! Most annoying. I can't say much really.

The decor is average, nothing fancy. The location is not so good as well. I suppose since it is near the children's playground, be pepared to hear shrieking kids and the odd little ones staring at you/your food or even mucking about near your table.

I was especially worried about one little girl who was sliding near the concrete just beside our table so it was quite disturbing as the mother was nowhere in sight! I hope the mothers don't use the playground near t he cafe as some sort of baby/childminding space! If you are not into kids (well my youngest is now 10 but we never let him far from us or disturb other people, I think!)

Favorite Dish: Nothing! Don't go here if you want peace and quiet. If you're a mum with kids it is probably good for you but make sure you watch your kids like a hawk!

food at this cafe was cold!

Bungaribee Restaurant: WIDE ARRAY OF YUMMY BUFFET SPREAD

by AusPinay Written Jun 18, 2009

This place is just massive- in its presentation of a wide variety of buffet choices - roasts- beef, ham, pork, plus grilled meats like lamb chops and even huge fillets of grilled white fish! Of course they are accompanied by an equally big selection of roast/baked vegies- potatoes, pumpkins and plenty of greens and selection of salads- garden, pasta, potato, beans, etc. There's the usual hot dishes - Asian and international plus about four types of soups and plenty of dim sims as well!

It is quite mind boggling how one can go through each dish and still able to come back for more! My boys can only manage to go once and fill their plates up to their own limit and then just go for desserts which they love- like simple vanilla ice cream with some toppings. There are a lot of choices as well for those with a sweet tooth- puddings, several types of cakes, jellies, slices, danishes, etc.

Just go and make sure you come on a very empty tummy!

Favorite Dish: I am happy with the roasts as they are always juicy and tender. The Asian dishes are not bad especially the soups. The fried rice has too many vegies I reckon! There should be a choice of plain steamed rice as the other dishes are too tasty anyway and need something bland to go with them.

My main tip is to just pay for one drink(refillable) which costs $2.50 and you can get free coffee and tea anyway. Jugs with water are available but you cannot take them to your table, just fill you glass. It is impossible to refill the softdrink from the dispenser many times as you would be full just with the many selections of food on offer so you can share the drinks with your relatives (if they are not alright, meaning no viruses,LOL!)

Just pay for one refillable drink

Eden Gardens: Dine in Superb Garden Setting

by AusPinay Updated May 20, 2009

This place is more than a garden centre showcasing lovely plants, shrubs, trees, etc. for the garden enthusiast ! Their cafe is also uniquely set in superb surrounds with dainty camellias and a wonderful garden theme of course!

These days they offer buffet brekkies during weekends and also special menus during occasions like Mother's Day, Valentines, Easter Sunday, etc.

The menu is quite varied too. After browsing at their extensive plant and shrub collection plus stuff for the garden and fabulous garden showcases, the cafe is a nice place to relax and wind!

The coffee is great and so is the tea! There is a wide selection of foodstuffs on offer plus the usual goodies in every cafe- freshly baked pastries, cakes, scones, etc.

Go and try this place, it is quite good, trust me!

It is a nice place to hold special events too.

Dragonfly Café Opening Hours:

1st September - 31st March:
    8:30am-4pm, Monday - Friday
    8:30am-5:30pm, Saturday & Sunday

Closed: Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day

Favorite Dish: The salmon according to my friend was good while I enjoyed my caesar salad. I just love salads these days. The kids are not forgotten as they have fish/calamari and chips and spaghetti bolognese when we were there.

Eden Gardens' modern ambience browse at the garden centre & be surprised!
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Eco-Tourism

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

Nadia's Cafe: BEst Cafe and Business of the Year for 2009!

by AusPinay Written May 17, 2009

This place is indeed deserving of its prestigious award! We've been coming here for the past four years since we moved to our new home. We've seen its improvements and they are truly amazing!

First the service is great, you don't have to wait very long or be ignored for a long time unlike a few cafes we've been to. This despite them always being full!

The last time we were here was Wednesday, 13th of May 2009 and we had a great time as always. They have a varied menu- from sandwich melts to focccacias, all day brekkies, pastas and even pizzas! The coffee is of course their main attraction, always fresh! There is a wide selection of food to suit all tastes and ages even!

Favorite Dish: My fave which I always order is the pancakes (2) with bacon and maple syrup. But hubby likes the scrambled eggs with ricotta, chives and tomatoes served in toasted sour dough bread, I love it too I guess!

Their eggs benedict are great too but we try to avoid them now due to the obvious fat content. They also have my fave decaf tea which is now a must for me if I have to order a pot of tea!

myfave pancakes delectable brekky at Nadia's

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

Impressions CAfe: Best Quiche Lorraine!

by AusPinay Updated May 17, 2009

This cafe as the name suggests really impressed us! As we always go on brekky dates at least once or twice a week before hub goes to his other office, we are often on the look out for nee coffee shops to try!

This place is exceptional as the service, food and value are just tops in our list! The friendly staff will not make you wait very long, the y are just very efficient! We are truly happy we chose to have our brekky here last time and it won't be the last!

You can still get in here even if you are not a member as long as you have proper identifications showing your age, address and photo. Drivers' license is usually enough or a photo id from the NRMA.

Favorite Dish: Hub likes the quiche lorraine which according to this quiche connoisseur is the best he's ever had! I like their banana cake and teh coffee of course is great! Even my decaf was perfect!

great coffee & friendly service at Impressions

Instant Answers: North Sydney

Comments

North Sydney Restaurants

Reviews and photos of North Sydney restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for North Sydney sightseeing.