North Sydney Restaurants

• Suave young Chef out to prove fresh is great!
    Suave young Chef out to prove fresh is...
    lovelyu authentic Italian pizza
    happy diners at Mezza Via

Most Recent Restaurants in North Sydney

BOW'S RESTAURANT: QUICK & EASY AUTHENTIC CHINESE DISHES

by AusPinay Written May 5, 2009
    tasty and generous portions

We love coming here especially if we're really starving and wanting quick but freshly cooked hearty and filling Chinese dishes!

The place is not so flashy, but comfy enough particularly on days/nights when eating in he food court at Westpoint is impossible due to the crowds! Here, you will not be disappointed- there's always a place for the whole family. Though it is best to come early if you like a good table, not near the kitchen. It could be full with families as well- of all nationalities.

Our family enjoy the friendly and fast service plus the yummy food as well with generous servings. The price is also desirable, not too expensive. You also get to choose your own drinks so you don't need to wait to your drinks to be brought to your table. I jsut hate it when some restaurants take your drinks order but then they take ages to arrive! Their toilets are outside at the back of the restaurant, that's one little negative, a long way too! But the bonus is you get a glimpse at their kitchen!

Favorite Dish: Our fave are the crispy duck in lemon sauce, hubby likes the sitr-fried riced noodles with beef, while my eldest likes the laksa and the sweet and sour pork. The portions are always very generous and at arounf $12-$14 they are good value, tastes great as well!

Hilltop Indian Restaurant: Good value family Indian meals

by AusPinay Written May 3, 2009
    the lovely facade of  the restaurant

This restaurant has a variety of menus to suit the whole family.The usual classic Indian dishes like curries available in chicken, seafood and meat dishes including beef, pork, lamb and even goat are cooked to perfection using the freshest ingredients.

Their Naans are in various flavours but the plain ones are substantial enough!

Specialising also in North Indian cuisine, those who are not so keen on spicy foods need not worry. You can request mild or t hose who are fond of chillis- hot to very hot dishes are going to please you palates!

The prices are really good- including take away offers of less than $40 for a choice of 2 curries, naan bread, savoury rice plus Chef's choice of dessert and a bottle of softdrink, a quick meal for the whole family as it takes less than 30 minutes and your order is ready for pick up!

You can also dine there as the place has a very genuine Indian ambience- colourful decors and lovely serving platters and crockery!

Favorite Dish: My son has the butter chicken and I like their tandoori chicken as well! The naan is always freshly cooked and the raita is really tasty and authentic.

The bonus is the dessert which is usually my fave gulab jamun or the mango ice cream, really good value too!

For a family of 4, their $38 meal deal is really exceptional! Asfar as I can remember, this price is the same one three years ago when we were just new in the area!

NOODLE EXTRA: YUMMY & GOOD VALUE CHINESE FOOD

by AusPinay Written Apr 30, 2009
    Tasty,satisfying food, exp. the noodles!

We love coming here as my youngest who is fussy with his food is able to enjoy dining with us! It has a very varied menu and very generous portions. It also caters to kids with chicken fingers and chips, plus smaller portions of stir-fried noodles or noodles soups.

The best part of eating here is the food is, they are really very fast, your food is brought to your table piping hot in minutes. This is technically a fast food place as you order your food and it will be cooked for you very efficiently and nicely. There is also other cuisine like Malaysian, Thai, etc.

The main thing is for noodles- you choose which you like- rice, Hokkien, flat, vermicelli, etc. Then you tell them what sauce you if it is stir-fried or if soup, which style! Then you choose seafood, beef, pork or chicken. There's also yummy satay chicken or beef with very tasty adn authentic peanut sauce, we love them!

Favorite Dish: I love the pork chops here as well, my eldest the chicken laksa while hubby usually orders his fave stir-fried rice noodles with beef. Or, sometimes he orders seafood laksa or just the one with fishballs. The dimsims are also good here.

NOODLE EXTRA: YUMMY & GOOD VALUE CHINESE FOOD

by AusPinay Written Apr 30, 2009
    Tasty,satisfying food, exp. the noodles!

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

Le Colonial Vietnamese Restaurant: Vietnamese/Asian Food even Halo-halo!

by AusPinay Written Apr 30, 2009
    We love Asian food, look at my eldest!

This Vietnamese restaurant is owned by a Filipino so it wasn't surprising to see a native Pinoy dessert called halo-halo. I was hoping to order it later on but got sidetracked! It was highly recommended by my sister - it was around $7 but worth it, she said.

We've been here before and it wasn't very good the first time. This time there was a little improvement. For one, service was good. Food is still not as expected of authentic Vietnamese cuisine!

The slow cooked duck my husband ordered was really tiny- at $18. 50 a bit small in terms of portion. The porkchops Vietnamese style were alright, just a bit dear compared to next door's Noodle Extra which we pay for a cheaper amount at $12w ,same protions served with rice and vegies. Here, they were $17.50 with rice extra! I remember ordering warm vegies but we were served cold ones- though they were crisp and fresh tomatoes and cucumber, they ok. I just wished I wasn't given teh choice when they still gave us the usual accompaniments!

The other dish ws most boring, I thought it would have real Vietnamese taste- the stir-fried beef with mushroom and other vegies. You can count the number of little mushrooms! After all, a small tin of champignons are less than $2! Straw ones are the same! So stingy, to think I was hoping to gorge on protein rich muchrooms, my favourite!

Well, I do think I've given this place enough benefit ofthe doubt! No more third time for this one indeed!

Rice was very dry, needed more washing too before steaming to get a whiter colour, very lazy cooking iI think!

Favorite Dish: I suppose th pork chops were alright and were substantial to our family of three (youngest did no eat at all,LOL!)

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

Stardust Cafe: Coffee and Disco?

by AusPinay Written Mar 8, 2009
    Catching up w/mates  at Stardust Cafe

This place is just inside the Rooty Hill RSL club where the disco is a few metres away so if you are not into alcohol this is the ideal place to get a good coffee. Trust my hubby who is a coffee connoiseur! To those who like cool drinks, there's a separate bar across the lounge from the cafe. But milkshakes and fruit juices including ice cream are also available.( am allergic to alcohol)

There's a good selection of snacks and light meals - from Asian noodles to simple sandwiches in Turkish breads toasted or freshly made. Cakes and other sweets are also sold to cater to those with sweet tooth.They also got nibbles- usual chips, wedges, Mexican nachos, etc.

It is a self-serve cafe so you line up to order and pay for your food and a device is given instead of a number which will beep to let you know your order is ready for pick up. This is a good alternative to the other restaurant inside the club which is not buffet anymore and you have to wait for your order, together with many other diners!Of course, weekend nights are busy so you have to be patient!

Avoid ordering the ranchers meal- soggy chips with bacon crisps and cheese, just awful according to a mate!

The disco is nearby and the music from the live band on weekend nights are also heard from the cafe.

Favorite Dish: I like the nachos and the wedges. They are always crunchy and warm when served.The coffee is nice says hubby. I always order decaf and it is ok.

BESY CHOICE RESTAURANT at Blacktown RSL: BEST VALUE AND YUMMY BUFFET

by AusPinay Written Mar 8, 2009
    yummy good value buffet

The place offers yummy and good value for money dishes- roasts and other carvery dishes, international selection - pastas, salads, Asian soups, combination dishes using pork, beef, chicken and lots of fresh seafood. Desserts of all kinds including a wide variety of cakes, homemade bread and butter pudding, ice cream (three - four flavours)with lots of toppings from nuts to choc bits, etc.Coffee and tea are included in the tariff which is $12 per person, with discounts for children depending on their ages. They are catered for too as there is a wide selection for them which even the adults like too - crispy chicken, fish cocktails, chips, chicken nuggets, other dimsims, the list is endless!

Lots of people from all ages also celebrate special occasions here as they have function rooms to cater to big groups as well. There is no need to make an appointment.

They also have nice seafood buffet for dinner on weekend nights.

Favorite Dish: Our family fave is the Florentine fish which tastes always the same- fresh and just right, not overcooked! Another fave is the apple crumble and the simple chicken and corn soup.

My tip is come early at 11:30 am which is the opening time to avoid the crowds.

RAMEN SAN: BEST RAMEN IN NW SYDNEY

by AusPinay Written Jul 23, 2008
    My fave ramen is fabulous at RAMEN SAN!

After a full day of shopping nothing like a lovely bowl of ramen to soothe my nerves and aching feet!

I have been raving about the food in this place as they always serve their foods/dishes piping hot and really yummy and authentic. Having been to Japan last April, we thought we were sick of Japanese food. But when we remembered this ramen house in Westpoint, I tried the noodles- the ramen and they were fabulous!

Other dishes here that you order cooked fresh for you are typical Japanese fare- tempura, the Don bowl dishes with your choice of Teriyaki, udon, etc. flavours and more. The udon noodles are also great and just simply Japanese food at its best!

Service is always lovely, the wait is not too much considering the foods are all freshly cooked! My kids are happy here as they cater to all tastebuds! If you want fast food, they have readily cooked meals at the front side of their restaurant for take-aways or quick meals. But I recommend to get a good table inside and look at their extensive menu. They also have laksas and rice noodles for those who like other Asian dishes.

Favorite Dish: My fave is the beef ramen, very hearty, tasty and just simply divine! It is piping hot so be warned! Their tempura - seafood and other vegies are good too and the Don bows- steamed rice with choice of Chicken teriyaki or beef are so filling you can share a bowl for two people! They have fish cakes and yakitori for entrees and other delectable Japanese foods!

• Hiking and Walking

NOODLE HUT: FRESH AND HEALTHY NOODLES AND MORE

You can order Pad Thai here too

This place is a haven for noodle lovers- whether stir fried or in soups. It is mostly THAI is orientation so the flavours are really authentic with lovely herbs and spices used for their stir-fries and soups.

You can choose your own meal -as to the type of noodles- udon, thin rice noodles, vermicelli, hokkien, flat or thin egg noodles and then tell what sauce you like for flavouring or soup (clear or beef.chicken, seafood flavour), or laksa. Vegetables of your choice are also added. Then it just takes around 5-6 minutes for your order. They are so fast and efficient at NOODLE Hut!

Kids' meals are available too like chicken nuggets and chips and kids' portions of fried noodles and steamed rice.
    '

You can eat-in or order take away or even phone ahead. They also deliver to the local area.

Favorite Dish: I love the beef rice noodle soup with the tasty and hearty serving. The Thai spices are really refreshing. Make sure you tell your preference as to mild, spicy or hot flavours.

• Hiking and Walking

LYTON CHINESE RESTAURANT: YUMMY ASIAN MENUS for the WHOLE FAMILY

Yummy and good servings of Chinese food at LYTON

This restaurant is our fave regular Asian/Chinese restaurant that is just 1,000 metres from our home. The staff are always friendly and food is always hot and freshly cooked despite having a take away counter with fast food also available. This is a popular place for those who frequent the Leisure Centre.

You can order other foods that are not readily displayed there. There is a wide selection of dishes- ala carte and fast food plus dimsims for kids like spring rolls, short soup or steamed or fried dim sims, other popular dishes like fried rice, stir-fried dishes- beef, chicken, seafood with vegies and different sauces, etc. You can get one dish like Mongolian lamb which is really nice too with fried rice for just $6.50. Ala carte dishes freshly cooked start from around $10. Servings are very generous too.

For the more special menus, ou can order duck with lemon sauce, sizzling steak, etc. Noodles are also available.

They have clean toilets, children/s chairs, etc. too.

Favorite Dish: My son and I particularly love the beef stir-fry with garlic sauce. The meat is tender and sauce, not salty nor bland, but just right, you can really taste the herbs and spices too.

We also like the short soup though sometimes there is a long wait for ala carte dishes. Come early for dinner as the place can get really crowded after 6 pm. Lunchtime is not a problem as they are open from 11 am to around 2:30 pm.

Dinner is from 5pm.

• Adventure Travel

VINCENT'S KITCHEN: GOOD VALUE PEKING DUCK DINNER

by AusPinay Updated Jul 7, 2008
    carving the Royal Peking Duck

One of our very early Peking Duck dinner was here in this small Chinese eatery which seemed to be popular among local Chinese and Asian diners. We usually order this special meal at our favourite Chinese place but we were persuaded to order the Royal Pecking Duck dinner by the waitress who said they have a special offer for it ($28 normally $40). It comes with the first course of hearty yummy eggflower soup, then a whole roasted crispy duck, cooked Peking style is carved by an expert restaurant server with the crispy skin and a bit of meat placed on thin steamed rice cakes and topped with a slice of cucumber, spring onion and hoi sin sauce. Each morsel of duck gives a melt in the mouth sensation.

Then the meal is followed by stirfried duck meat( from the duck earlier carved) sliced thinly with vegetables in season like sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, etc.

My son also ordered some noodle soup as he preferred this from the eggflower soup. We also had some stir-fried chicken with vegetables and cashews. It was not an exciting dish compared to the duck meal but it complemented our dinner.

There is a good sized aquarium where you can order seafood like crabs, bream and other fish in season cooked according to your preference.

Favorite Dish: The Peking Duck banquet was really nice and appetizing. Their eggflower soup was most delectable that all three of us had seconds and finished the big bowl of soup served us! The crispy duck skin was sweet and salty at the same time.

Tequila's on Main: LOVELY SERVICE but LOUSY MEXICAN FARE

by AusPinay Updated Jun 30, 2008
    Nachos, my son's fave

This is a new place at the equally newly established Rouse Hill Town Centre. It is reputed to be an awardee in the recent Business Awards in the area for new business/ restaurant category.

As a bar/grill/restaurant, it has its pluses and minuses for me.

Firstly, we admire the friendly service- staff were always attentive and accommodating. The ambience, decor and over-all appearance of the place were quite impressive.

Tables are adorned with crisp linen and set with sparkling cutlery and glasses.

However, perhaps being a new place, staff are not so well versed with authentic Mexican cuisine.For example- first I ordered a mojito and the waitress clearly doesn't even know it is a Mexican drink. She asked me twice if it was a mocktail. I replied that I guessed so. Mojito is mainly crushed mint leaves and lemon with plenty of ice! Then when I was choosing another drink, a man came up and said they could make me a mojito after all! Just as well but there was a lot of alcohol in my mojito which I did not expect! It seemed it wasn't in t heir list of drinks/cocktails so they said it would be charged as a mocktail too. The menu was not so varied as well.

The typical menu for MExican cuisine was classic. Sadly, not so very authentic as many MExicans would swear that beef burritos and fajitas should not have minced beef but slices of grilled beef. Theirs weren't then because they used mince for their wraps as I noticed in other tables too.

They also put too much cheese that it gets overwhelming and you lose your appetite after a while. The food just gets overtaken by cheesy flavour with the Mexican spices and herbs getting lost in one's palate!

I really hope they would do well, it seems many people are not too aware of authentic Mexican cuisine, luckily for them! The place was packed when we were there and the prices were not cheap if I may add! Portions were just fine!

Favorite Dish: Nothing, sorry to say! I was expecting a lot from them as they were supposed to be Business Award winners. Even hubby who loves Mexican food was not keen to go back to this place.

Oh, maybe the guacamole, tastes alright!

Even in Chicago, the Mexican cuisine we sampled there was much better! They have a more varied menu as well, complete with tortilla soup which was my favourite in that place! The tortilla chips were also offered as appetisers for every table there,not in expensive Sydney I suppose!

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

THE MEAN FIDDLER: AWARD WINNING LOCAL PLACE? Must be a JOKE!

by AusPinay Updated Jun 29, 2008
    Charming Irish decor at the MEAN FIDDLER

This place is not just a restaurant, it has a bar, cafe & bistro, a deli, an award winning restaurant which serves gourmet meals, live bands at the open air courtyard area, or at the WOOLSHED, plus heaps for kids and adults alike as they have a playground for the young ones and face painting on Sundays, concerts by popular performers/singers/acts/bands, etc. The list is endless so no wonder, this place that started as a PUB has grown to a multi themed entertainment venue.

Favorite Dish: My friend and I went to check it out during their early opening days once for brunch. Hubby and I also went for brekky at the cafe a few times. The decor of the pub was typically Irish style with lots of memorabilia from the charming days of the Irish life. It was fascinating but that's about the nicest thing I can say about this place!

Service was appallingd as we waited for a while both for our orders of beef kebabs and wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. The beef kebabs were also tough and only the sauce was edible!

For my hubby, the coffee was not hot enough and our bacon and egg rolls were carppy and took a while to get to us. Staff apologised but since it wasn't the first time our orders had taken long, I do not know why this place still packs the crowds especially during weekends. To think we come here during off peak hours, and the service is always bad, how do they cope during Saturdays and Sundays I cannot imagine!

We had a taste of Mean Fiddler's burgers at the food festival in our community so we checked out their deli/cafe to see if there are more of those yummy beef and other food but we were really disappointed! The deli was well stocked with foodstuffs but the cafe part of the business was really dismally unappealling. The morning we were there, we saw what looked like day old food displayed - dried up pasta and some wraps. sandwwiches, etc. I thought they served freshly made food! So our only alternative was the bacon and egg roll which took a long time, and when they came the eggs were burnt!

I definitely will not recommend you get a meal here especially if you are really starving!

• WaRPer's Profile Photo

Sala Thai Restaurant: #1 Thai Restaurant voted by Thais

by WaRPer Updated Jul 12, 2006

St. Leonards Station

As a Thai myself, this is one of the best Thai Restaurants in Sydney I really wanna recommend to you guys. Though it’s a little far from the city’s CBD center, but really worth going.

Take a North Shore Lines train to St.Leonards Station (about half-way between Circular Quay and Chatswood) walk to the station’s front portal, cross the road and you’ll see the maroon/black sign sayin’ “Sala Thai.” Ms.Toon, the restaurant owner is a very creative person, she always comes up with new delicious menus. Try authentic Pad Thai, Kang Nua, Stuffed Mushroom and Fried Fish Tofu, sometimes offers grilled Thai-style lamb ribs.

Favorite Dish: Try PadThai, Stuffed Mushrooms and Fried Fish-Tofu

• Business Travel

• Larnie's Profile Photo

Thai Intra - Neutral Bay: The best satay sticks!!

by Larnie Written Jun 19, 2005

This is a great restaurant for a rowdy groups night out.
    The food is great and there are lots of yummy dishes to choose from.
    The staff are very friendly and it has all the ingredients of a great night out.

Favorite Dish: Green Curry Chicken is very authentic. Nice and hot!!!
    Pad Thai is yummy too!!

Instant Answers: North Sydney

Comments

North Sydney Restaurants

Reviews and photos of North Sydney restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for North Sydney sightseeing.