Penrith Travel Guide

Penrith Hotels

Penrith Restaurants

From Log Cabin Hotel Beer Garden

by CdnJane Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Log Cabin is actually a hotel with, what appears to be a lovely dining room "The Nepean Waterside Restaurant"... but the bar's beer garden shares the same wonderful terrace. I spent several lovely (and need I say, romantic) evenings out enjoying the last of the evening rays overlooking the Nepean River. Only one night did we order and food, and for the life of me I don't remember what I ate - think it was just something like a burger. It wasn't that it was bad food, just had other things on my mind. *blush*

Favorite Dish: Highly recommend the beer. I was drinking Toohey's New and Old... not together, just one or the other. I can't remember what my friend was drinking... but it disappeared with no problem.

by CdnJane Written Jun 15, 2003

This wasn't any special chinese food restaurant, just that it was down the street from my friend's home and we could walk to it.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the lemon chicken... it was as good as any I've had.
    My friend liked the octopus... he orders from there regularly.

by CdnJane Written Jun 15, 2003

I'm not a knowledgable Thai fan, but I enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant. The service was properly paced and friendly. The food was fresh and at the right temperature when it was served. I couldn't tell you what we had, some shrimps battered, chicken... lots of little sauces... it was all new to me. Some a little spicy for my taste... but worth another try.

Lots of parking.

Penrith Transportation

• zoloft's Profile Photo
    Westbus 1 more image

by zoloft Updated Aug 31, 2009

Penrith is serviced by two separate bus companies:

Blue Mountains Bus Service (white colour scheme) depart from Penrith Railway Bus Interchange and from the main bus stop in Station St (cnr High St) and offer regular services to Emu Plains and the Blue Mountains (but not to Katoomba or The Three Sisters. For this destination best take the train!).

The main bus service within the Penrith region is Westbus. They cover all of Penrith, St Mary's and the western side of Mt Driutt and all points in between. They have a yellow livery.

Westbus route #678 "Destination Richmond" departs Penrith Rail Interchange (eastern side, near station exit) and goes passed the Whitewater Centre on Castlereagh Rd. The #784 "Destination North Cranebrook" also services the Whitewater Centre but only in peak times on weekdays.

There is no direct bus to the Olympic Rowing Centre but it is only a short walk from Castlereagh Rd. Just ask the driver for directions!

Fares start from $1.90 Adult or 90c Concession for two sections for a one way trip.

Penrith Shopping

• supercarys's Profile Photo

by supercarys Written Apr 17, 2006

The Wednesday markets are a collection of a couple of hundreds of stalls / shops with pretty much anything you would want to buy including: fresh local fruit and vegetables, fashion, skin / hair care products, groceries, music, movies, books, souvenirs, leather goods, toys, everything.

They open early - the stall holders get there at around 5am to set up and you can get there by 7 and expect most stalls to be ready to sell. It is usually over by 3pm.

They are located at Penrith Showground, Station Street Penrith, NSW

What to pay: Most items are at discounted prices

Penrith Sports & Outdoors

• supercarys's Profile Photo

by supercarys Written Apr 16, 2006

Penrith's whitewater rafting was the venue for the canoe / kayak slalom events during the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.

This course is open to the public now and you can go on a whitewater rafting tour that lasts for 90 minutes. They cater for self guided (do it yourself) and guided (let someone else steer) tours

You must be at least 12 years old to participate or 16 for the self guided tours

Available year round. Approximate cost $75 AUD

email: bookings@penrithwhitewater.com.au

Instant Answers: Penrith

Comments

Penrith Travel Guide
Map of Penrith