Night Skyline, Sydney

Know about this? Rate It!

View from the executuve dining room
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Night view of the Opera House

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 16, 2007

View from the executuve dining room

Favorite thing: The Sydney Opera House at night is so beautiful. We were lucky enough to have a suite on the executive floor of the Sydney Marriott, Circular Quay. The views from our room, not to mention the ones from the exexutive dining room were spectacular!!

Fondest memory: Peeking out from the executive dining room window with fantastic views to go along with the Champagne.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Night view of Harbour Brdige

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 16, 2007

View from our suite

Favorite thing: I love this picture of the Sydney Harbour Bridge at night. The picture was taken from our suite at the Sydney Marriott, Circular Quay. The sky was so clear and the lights were so bright, made for a very special night.

IMHO, Sydney boasts some of the best night skylines I have ever seen.

Fondest memory: The beautiful view from our suite at the Sydney Marriott, Circular Quay

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

A world apart

by iandsmith Updated Jul 28, 2004

From the 52nd floor, World Tower. looking north

Favorite thing: The initial reaction, it must be said, is striking. From the claustrophobic walls of the lift to an endless panoramic extravaganza beyond the floor-to-ceiling glass 52 stories above the pavement is a bit of a shock, albeit a pleasant one.
    The faint hum of air moving through the conditioning vents was all that disturbed the aural serenity but the optic nerves went into overdrive. Cars, cabs, buses and bikes lurching from light to light and sometimes, due the density of traffic, not lurching at all, simply frozen in position whilst cross traffic deterred any forward motion.
    The dramatic presence of nearby towers with their night lights ablazing contrasted with a black outline beyond that designated the harbour boundaries.

Fondest memory: Others were in the room. Seven to be precise. Lyrical waxing about the splendiforous night vista of Australia's premier city was issuing from their vocal chords. Something wasn't happening for me. I found it interesting rather than fabulous, contrived rather than spectacular. Talk of "best views" etc. were being lost on me. There were lots of lights to be sure and it was certainly a priveleged position but something in my mind clicked and I what it had been trying to tell me surged into my conscious. Comboyne. Now there was a view to die for. There, nothing was contrived. On the verandah you can not only see the weather you can feel it, interact with it. It takes total hold of you and the sounds of thunder, lightning, birds and the whistling wind are supplied for your total enjoyment.
    It was a seminal moment for me. Surprising that it came so late in life. But now I truly realised that my heart is not in the cities, though I may enjoy them from time to time. Sydney will always be a drawcard for me, but never a terminal destination.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• ankx's Profile Photo

As well as being one of the...

by ankx Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: As well as being one of the most beautiful harbours in the world, Sydney is also a vital working port. Together with Port Botany, the ports of Sydney are an essential part of the economic infrastructure of NSW, handling over $40 billion in trade annually.

• When in Sydney you absolutely...

by tim123 Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: When in Sydney you absolutely must take a boat on the Syndey Harbour (actually Jackson Harbour). It vivals all the other great harbours of the world. On a clear, sunny day you may mistake it for heaven. A true favorite of mine that never fails is the Sydney ferry to Manly Beach (30 min by ferry or 15 min by JetCat).

• princesss's Profile Photo

When you take a ferry to the...

by princesss Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: When you take a ferry to the north shore (e.g. Milsons Point and take the train back) you have a magnificent skyline, with in front of you the city on th right the Harbour Bridge and left the Opera House. Really worth doing.

Fondest memory: The good weather!! I'm from the Netherlands and all we have is rain and clauds...well not completely true but the weather in Sydney was usually dry and sunny..I was on the beach in the winter!!

• maryamy's Profile Photo

New Year in Sydney

by maryamy Written May 3, 2003
    Happy New Year...

Favorite thing: As one of the first big cities each year to celebrate the coming of the new A.D. year, Sydney puts on a wonderful show.
    This event at the height of summer draws thousands to the city and is done with style.
    There is first a kids' fireworks at 9 p.m. then the adults' treat comes at midnight. It is amazing and thoroughly recommended if life send you that way.

• Sajt's Profile Photo

The Rocks

by Sajt Written Oct 30, 2002
    The Rocks

Favorite thing: This place is reach in usually. When I was there firs day they had a big market or something. I tought this is there all the time, but next day, when I planned to visit this place I didn't find anything. :(

Fondest memory: Exept this story I like the oldest part of Sydney. Nice shops and lot of artistic thing what you find over there.

• Angbur's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

by Angbur Written Dec 22, 2002
    Fireworks from the Bridge silhouette the Opera Hse

Favorite thing: If you're lucky enough to be Sydney for New Years Eve, then there is only really one place to be, down on the harbour front near to the Opera House.
    You'll need to go early though because the best spots get taken quickly. And when I say early, I mean early. We got there at just after 2pm and it was already really busy. Alcohol is not allowed but alot of people managed to sneak stuff past the security checks.
    Other than sit and wait and talk there isn't really alot to do, but it doesn't matter because there is suc a good atmosphere around the place that the time just flies by. As the sun slowly sets excitement builds towards the midnight hour when the old year says good bye and the new says hello. At nine oclock there's a pretty good fireworks display as a hint of what's to come.
    The at midnight amongst the cheers and the champagne corks popping is the main fireworks, going from the bridge & everywhere you can see. It is fantastic. Everyone should see New Year in Sydney at east once and they'll know what a realmparty is.

• Sajt's Profile Photo

Nice view from The Rock

by Sajt Written Oct 30, 2002
    From The Rocks

Favorite thing: If you are in The Rocks just take a look around. You will see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. Nice to see the different lights. Like this picture.

Instant Answers: Sydney