Olympic Park, Sydney

Know about this? Rate It!

Olympic Park
    by CandS
    by pmarshuk
    by pmarshuk
  • Tripack's Profile Photo

My Olympic Sesame

by Tripack Written Aug 15, 2005

My Precious...

Fondest memory: When I was in Australia I was thinking to realize a crazy dream: assist to the Olympic Games Sydney2000. But how to do? All my Aussie locals friends told me that they will be impossible to get tickets or too expensive. So I choose to ask the Swiss Olympic Federation as all countries participing the Games have a limited number of tickets available. I took my chance and I succeded but many competitions proposed were extremly expensive and as I was a poor student I only choose qualification round tickets more affordable.

I assisted to the opening ceremony which was displayed on big screen on CIrcular Quay in an incredible athmosphere and I even lost my voice when the Swiss Olympic Team appeared on the screen during the parade i Australia Stadium 8-O.

The next day with my Olympic sesame I went to the Olympic Park, some people said me that you will be not allowed to get inside without pass. It was not exact as you need only ticket to access to the differents staduim, I even see ticket office selling the remaining tickets for the daily competition, so I would be able to buy my tickets directly here without passing by the Swiss Olympic federation...

Now the Games could begin for me. The ticket aside was for the basketball game USA - China, the United States won 119 - 72...

• Theme Park Trips

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo

Olympic Stadium

by pmarshuk Updated Jul 7, 2003

Favorite thing: While I was there they were just preparing for the 2000 Olympics. The Olympic stadium was designed to hold 110,000 spectators for the Olympics but afterwards temporary grandstands would be removed and the capacity reduced to 80,000.

• alisonr's Profile Photo

Olympic Soccer

by alisonr Written Sep 12, 2002

Fondest memory: Of course everyone who was in Sydney during the Olympics would see this as their fondest memory. I also went to the Olympics in 2000, but not at Sydney! We went to the soccer in Adelaide. So if you would like to see some more photos of the match between Japan and USA, please see my Adelaide page travelouge!!

• CandS's Profile Photo

Sydney Olympic Park

by CandS Written Apr 18, 2004
    Olympic Park

Favorite thing: The Sydney Olympic Park has guided tours and exhibits, parklands and holds a number of major events and entertainment.

Web: www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au