Sydney City Bars / Clubs, Sydney

Know about this? Rate It!

Ryan's: Ryan's

by cjg1 Updated Mar 14, 2012

We got to see two sides of Ryan's in the matter of just a few hours. We were to meet up with friends at 530 one evening and happened to be near so went to check it out early. We sat there in the back in one of the round booths just chilling and having a drink enjoying a break. Nice. Quiet. Comfortable.

After running out for pizza we came back and it was 530 and crowded. Due to the location this place is a busy after work Happy Hour spot. Our friends were still a few minutes away so we got a drink and sat inside but at one of the stool tables. When they arrived we moved out under the heat lamps outside and enjoyed the evening. Always nice to sit outside no matter the temps around.

It was a Wednesday night and I have no idea if this is normal or not but all my drinks were $5 or less.

A great place to lounge out..........
    • Beaches

Marble Bar: Marble Bar

by cjg1 Updated Jun 23, 2011

I first came to visit Marble Bar during my visit in 2006. I recently came back in during our 2010 visit. We had dinner plans but wanted to relax with some drinks before heading on to dinner.

I like that this bar is out of the way downstairs and removed from pedestrian traffic; it allows for a more intimate atmosphere. It’s a perfect place to get lost and relax with a drink. The dark wood and stained glass of the bar give it a formal feel but trust me it’s all laid back. The place was busy but not crowded with several business people enjoying an after work drink as well as several guests of the hotel.

My wife and I found a seat at one of the couches and took a look at the drink menu. Liz was excited to see they had one of her favorite drinks; a Bellini. I was happy to order a nice cold beer after suffering through a hot day in the city. We enjoyed sitting back with our drinks and discussing all the fun of our current trip.

Dress Code: Smart casual. We didn't see anyone in shorts or very casual clothing. Most people were dressed nicely and some in business attire from work.

My Wife and I enjoying Marble Bar (March 2010) Bellini & Beer Liz enjoying her Bellini
    • Wine Tasting

• Sydney City Bars / Clubs: BEST BEER IN THE ***ING WORLD!!!!

by BeerPRO Written Apr 29, 2011

www.arcticale.net

This is the best beer I have ever tasted in my life. It has a self-chilling capability incorporated into the bottle when opening! After it chills itself, the beer tasted absolutely amazing. It has been scientifically formulated to do so! MUST check this beer our.

www.arcticale.net

Dress Code: Might end up naked.

• ECQ Bar: Best views of Sydney during Winter

by Jello76 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I reckon ECQ is the best tourist bar in the Winter. It's way too cold to be outside, and ECQ affords you gorgeous views from the inside - tho if u really want some fresh air there's a balcony/glass windows. Go on a friday night for a bit more atmosphere. During the week is a bit quieter - good for catching up w friends.
    mid 20 to mid 30s crowd... not a place u need to yell to have a conversation, and yet everyone seems friendly/willing to mingle.

Dress Code: no dress code that im aware off.

• Wine Tasting
    • Singles

• Sydney City Bars / Clubs: Cheap Drinks

by Jhyman Updated Apr 4, 2011

CheapDrinks.com.au is for people in Sydney who visit bars, pubs, clubs or hotels; and/or buy from a liquor store; and/or are looking for a job in hospitality.

CheapDrinks.com.au is an online bar directory; plus a cheap deals directory for drinks and meals; and a bar jobs directory.

Great resource for when you are visiting Sydney!

Dress Code: Depends on where you go, usually casual in Sydney, yet some clubs require a better standard of dress

Loads of great venues for a drink!

• Tripack's Profile Photo

Scubar: Backpakers Bar

by Tripack Updated Apr 4, 2011

Prepare to dive in the backpackers world... Try not to sink and keep your Scuba always above the bar...

Great meeting place with special drinks at cheaper price ask for the current promotion. Pizzas available.

What's special events:
    ***Every Monday night starting at 8PM: Crazy Crab Racing
    ***Every wednesday from 7:30PM: international pool competition
    ***Every important sports events on Big screen TV's

Open 7 days/nights a week till late.

Dress Code: Unknown at this day...

SCUBAR DIVING LESSON AVAILABLE...

• Tripack's Profile Photo

Tank Club: Endless night...

by Tripack Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tank Nightclub was launched in 2001 and since it is a favourite spot for local/international clubbers and DJ.

I almost sank in this stunning place built in a old water tank (not sure of that but look like). Quite impressive when you're down with great acoustic effect thanks the house music and spectacular lighting, interactive live-mixed video projections.

Tank offer three bars (never get thirsty there...), a dance floor and a private lounge. The underground space combines the original exposed timber columns, beams, huge basalt footings with funky white glossy graphics and modern wall sculptures.

Open: Fridays 10pm - 6am, Saturdays 10pm - 6am

Dress Code: Funky club-wear to smart casual.

Ready to dive in the Tank music???

• martin_nl's Profile Photo

3 Wise Monkey's: Live music 7 nights a week

by martin_nl Updated Apr 4, 2011

Great live music 7 days a week. Fantastic atmosphere and this is one of my favourite places to go to. It is right in the city centre and somehow I go here very often. The venue is established on 3 floors. Ground floors a mid level and the top floor has some pool tables and a stage for the bands to play on.

Dress Code: No dresscode except for maybe on Saturday's: no trainers...

3 wise money's: You cannot miss the monkey's

• SydneyGal's Profile Photo

Bridge Bar: COCKTAIL BAR OF THE YEAR - AUSTRALIA

by SydneyGal Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Bridge Bar has just been awarded the title of Australia's Cocktail Bar of the Year, by 'bartender' magazine. I have been there on quite a few occasions and can understand why!! There are views to die for in this very hip cocktail lounge. This elegant venue is suspended between the tenth floors of two of Sydney's most desirable apartment blocks at East Circular Quay. Famed for its million-dollar views on eye level with the Harbour Bridge and overlooking Sydney Harbour, Circular quay, the Opera House and Botanical Gardens, sunset can be a real treat. Add to this a cocktail list to rival any in the country with 189 delicious concoctions, faultless and friendly staff, relaxing lounge music and great bar food and you're starting to get the picture. There is also am impressive list of cigars to try. Stunning. Perfect for visiting tourists and locals alike.

Dress Code: This is an upmarket cocktail lounge so dress accordingly!!

From inside the Bridge Bar

Martin Place Bar: Afterwork Drinks with Laura

by cjg1 Updated Dec 6, 2010

Martin Place Bar is where we arranged to meet up with our friend Laura for some after work drinks. As the name implies it is located in Martin Place. The Bar is quite large with planty of seating options from high tables outside to comfy tables and couches inside as well as a private room in the back of the bar.

We arrived a little early and settled into one of the couches by the window. We ordered some Pure Blonde to drink for my wife and a Hahn's Super Dry for me. The place really began fillig up at the 5pm mark with business people for some after work happy hour. Laura arrived on time and we settled into our usual hilarity. The girls ordered some house bubbles and the gossiping began. As usual I am the "male" opinion in these coversation and I often find them hysterically funny.

We had a nice time here enjoying drink before heading off to dinner.

My wife and her other Ice Cold Beers

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Ryan's: Great Atmosphere and Drinks

by LadyRVG Updated Jul 23, 2009

Ryans is a really fun place to hang out and enjoy some drinks. There is an inside with a bar with stools along with some comfy couches and tables. Outside was a large series of table and chairs (heat lamps were strewn about providing a nice warmth from the nightime air). We came here to meet up with Laura and some of her friends for a few afterwork drinks. We first started inside lounging on some comfy couches before foraging out for some food. We returned and sat outside with Laura and her gang of girlfriends. This place was really packed with people and in no time there was hardly any standing room. It was a fun night with good people and tasty drinks.

Dress Code: Casual

Chris & I enjoying a nice night
    • Architecture

• Joseph69's Profile Photo

Men's Gallery: Table Top Dancing

by Joseph69 Updated Dec 4, 2008

This tip is purely for those curious people who are 18 years of age or older and would like to see some beautiful women take their clothes off.

If you must go to a strip club, I find the seedy ones at Kings Cross on Darlinghurst Road a little too seedy, so this is a standard well above. The Men's Gallery does have many beautiful women and they don't appear to be on drugs, which is good. :)

There are many tables where you can have a drink, or a meal, and watch the ladies dance around. The more athletic women will do some nice tricks on the poles (i.e. pole dancing).

It's a clean environment, and the clientele usually is of the businessman type or any other respectful guy.

You may also buy "Dancing Dollars" where you can tip the women and they will dance in front of you for a little while, or until your money runs out!

You can also have a private show, where they will go completely naked for you. This will cost quite a few dollars, but if you go with a few friends, you can all split the cost.

Dress Code: Casual to formal. As long as it's clean and tidy. Women are welcome to come inside too. :)

• Singles
    • Business Travel

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Sydney City Bars / Clubs: Establishment

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 24, 2008

We came here our last night to meet up with Laura and her co-worker. I absolutely loved this place. Upon entering the Establishment you are greated with a huge open space and even larger marble bar. The bar is dimly lite with "side" bars (instead of tables) where you can enjoy your drink. They play nouvo tech music which isn't as loud as most places so you can sit back sip your wine and enjoy a good conversation with friends.

We ordered a few bottles of an Australian wine. Sorry, can't remember the name of the wine, but is was scrumptious!!

Dress Code: I crowd that night seemed mostly the after work type, with suits and office attire, baiscally well dressed, casaul business, smart casual. I didn't notice anyone with sneakers or jeans. I am sure that stylish jeans with some great sandals or shoes would fit right in.

Marble bar and back room Our wine

• Sydney City Bars / Clubs: Carnival Craziness

by Michael1.1 Written Nov 7, 2007

Spin D Music the ultimate caribbean entertainment Down undere located and operating every thursday night from Jacksons on George at 176 George Street Circular Quay, and specialty events Liek November 30th Carnival Craziness ~ Out of theis world Edition.

Dress Code: anything no hats and shorts

Back of Flyers
    • Cruise

Establishment: Establishment

by cjg1 Updated Oct 22, 2007

This place is very cool. I am nearly embarrassed to admit it being that it was in the guide book. Ok. Didnt know when we went. Found it after the fact. But really. Went there to meet a friend and her friend. Had a great time. Super cool place that reminds me of Milion in Buenos Aires.

Dress Code: Fashionable is best for this place. Although jeans do work at least early in the week.

Instant Answers: Sydney