Relaxation & Rejuvenation, Sydney

Know about this? Rate It!

Just have a seat!
    by keida84
  • Openseas's Profile Photo

For some serious R&R getaways.

by Openseas Updated Oct 8, 2007

Kims Resort.

We have stayed in this retreat numerous times and found it to be truly romantic and a great weekend getaway. Its approx 1.5hrs drive north from Sydney, and is situated on the gorgeous Toowoon Bay. The hotel is entrenched with family history and is in absolute prime waterfront position.

The resort consists of private bungalows, some with ocean frontage and others tucked away in the Balinese tropical gardens. The bungalows are fabulous consisting of a large bedroom, lounge room, small kitchenette and bathroom. Our oceanfront bungalow is facing the Pacific Ocean and with just two steps you are on the beach. The garden bungalows have their own private heated plunge pool or outdoor spa.

To stay here, you must pay for the complete deal which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is only one restaurant , which serves all these meals with the loveliest atmosphere and views. Make sure when booking in you book an ocean front table on the veranda. There is also a bar which is lovely for pre dinner drinks or afternoon cocktails.

This hotel is really just for a romantic getaway or for honeymooners as its not cheap and really there is nothing else around except for the beach or if you have a car, its just a short drive into The Entrance.

The meals are all buffet style, all home cooked with recipes being used for years. I found it to be too much, as I usually do not eat three huge meals a day.

Overall, we loved our stay here, it truly was wonderful sitting on our balcony watching the ocean and taking in the sea breezes.
    If you are looking for romance, spoiling your partner or just wanting to do nothing but relax then this little gem of a hotel will cater for your every need. (There is also the Spa Villa which one can indulge with private massages.)

The Hotel is a member of the “Small Luxury Hotels of the World”.

• Beaches
    • Adventure Travel
    • Spa and Resort

• keida84's Profile Photo

You Glow Girl!!

by keida84 Updated Jun 8, 2005

Just have a seat!

I am a Day Spa Junkie. OK I said it can I go now? Well before I do let me tell you about this great facial place that was round the corner of my B&B in Newtown. It is called Glow Girl Salon. They offer various services from facials, massage, medicure or pedicure, tanning and waxing.

The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing, a perfect compliment to the chilly streets of Newtown on a June day. I felt so cocooned in the semi darkness that I knew I would fall asleep almost immeditely, and embarass myself with sleep talking.

This is an excellent way to start your vaction with and then do the same thing the day before you you leave

• School Holidays