Manly Restaurants, Sydney

5 out of 5 stars 9 Reviews

Liz's Margherita Pizza
    My tasty Meat pizza
    by cjg1
  • Enjoying an Ice Cold Beer (November 2010)
    Enjoying an Ice Cold Beer (November...
  • LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Manly Wharf Hotel: A Tasty Wharf Side Lunch

by LadyRVG Written Feb 13, 2012

Delicious Margherita Pizza

There is nothing I love more than a meal with a view.... The Manly Wharf Hotel is situated a short walk from the ferry terminal with beautiful water views. My husband and I love Manly and often find oursleves here when in the Sydney area.

I had heard good things about this place from friends in the area and decided we should try it out for lunch. After hopping off the ferry it was a short five minute walk to the Manly Wharf Hotel. When we arrived the place was just begining their lunch service so it wasn't too crowded. We had our choice of seats; the outdoor pier, the outdoor covered patio or indoors. We chose the best of both world; a table on the covered patio (all the view and none of the nasty sun exposure).

The menu had a nice array of lunch items such as pizza, burgers, fish & chips, salads and sandwiches. We were both on the hungry side so we decided to each have a pizza. I chose the margherita pizza while hubby went for the meat pizza along with some frosty beer. Food orders are placed at the counter and we were given a pager that buzzed when our food order was ready for pick up (very simple and easy).

Our pizzas didn't take too long to be ready; about twenty minutes from ordering. When I saw the size of the pizza; I was glad I was hungry...the portion is quite large. My pizza was bubbling hot with fresh mozzarella cheese and perfectly ripe tomatoes. I dug into a slice and immediately loved it. The crust was nice and crisp; while the sauce was very tasty. The gooey cheese was my favorite part of the pizza; it was so creamy. My husband loved his meat pizza and even remarked that he was glad it was spicy. Some frost Pure Blondes helped complete this tasty lunch.

The view here is very nice; I enjoy being water side when dining. My husband loved watching the ferries and boats pull in and out of the wharf while we dined. I was happy we stopped here for lunch; the food was good, the price was inexpensive and the view was nice.

• Tripack's Profile Photo

Candys Coffee House: Ideal for a beach break

by Tripack Updated Aug 12, 2005

I came two times at this address in June 2000 and September 2002. My first impression was similar to the second one: a really cool place for a light lunch or a coffee break.

This coffee house has an pleasant relaxing atmoshere with an interisting decoration. The staff were very friendly and the food was good with an excellent quality/price ratio. Lots of shelves with board games, books and magazine, feel free to use them like at home...

Can't wait my third visit...

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Manly Wharf Hotel: Lunch with a View

by cjg1 Updated Jun 23, 2011

Enjoying an Ice Cold Beer (November 2010)

During our more recent visit to Manly in November 2010, we decided to have lunch at the Manly Wharf Hotel. The hotel is located on the East Esplande and is a short walk from the ferry.

The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating; all with incredible water views. My wife and I decided to have a seat at the outdoor covered patio (we didn't want too much sun exposure during the noon hour). The menu here has a nice mix of food from burgers, pizzas and seafood items. After perusing the menu we decided to try their pizza; a meat pizza for me and a margherita pizza for Liz. I placed our order at the counter and was handed a pager to signal when our food was ready to be picked up. We both decided on some Pure Blonde Beer to drink.

Our pizza were excellent and a large portion for an individual pizza. My meat pizza was extra spicy with lots of pepperoni. Our ice cold beer was a perfect choice to wash down our meal. I really enjoyed being outside and having such an incredible water view. It was an excellent lunch with my wife and I can't wait to return here again.

Favorite Dish: The Meat Pizza was delicious. I love a good thin crust pizza and this was perfectly cooked. The sauce was nice and spicy.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Pilu at Freshwater: Run, don't walk to Pilu

by Callavetta Updated Apr 4, 2011

Pilu at Freshwater is the find of this trip! Situated in someone's old beach mansion, this lovely place is now a fine establishment with gastronomic specialties from Sardinia. Just above a beautiful smallish beach, Pilu stands above the beach and looks out on the ocean. On the day of our visit the blue blue water was only rivaled by the blue of the sky. Although it was winter "down under" it was as perfect a day as one will ever find in San Francisco.

Favorite Dish: We were seated by a big bay window and given the menu and wine list. The waiter described, in delicious detail the specials and we bought everything he sold. We ended up ordering all three of the specials of the day, goat cheese stuffed, fried zucchini flowers, a pasta with wild nettle sauce and some shaved kind of fish that tasted like a delicate pesto with a hint of the sea, and roast suckling pig.

Pilu has an amazing wine list with so many different choices from all over Italy. I was really excited to find a Monica, a specialty grape from Sardinia that is extremely hard to find anywhere. At $50 a bottle it seemed a relative bargain.

The wait staff was exceptionally knowledable and friendly and the handsome Italian (Sardinian) chef came out to talk to us and tell us about the preparation of his nettle pasta. We really enjoyed spending time with him.

It was a long leisurely lunch on a perfect day and I am very much looking forward to a return visit.

• linnyloo's Profile Photo

Ribs & Rump Grill & sea food.: Fabulous food & atmosphere!

by linnyloo Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant view (from R & R web site)

This is a fantastic steakhouse on the Manly beachfront with a very South African feel, so for us it was like eating at home!
    The restaurant is up a flight of stairs and if you are dining during the day, ask for a table near the balcony, where you will have a superb view of the beachfront - see the photo.
    We heard that the Springbok rugby team always visits the restaurant when in Sydney and this is confirmed by all the rugby paraphanalia on the walls, signed as well!
    Fantastic food, great atmosphere, superb location.
    You need to book on weekends as it can be full and hectic, however service is excellent.

On our 2 trips to Sydney, we have visited the restaurant 3 times and will make sure that we always visit it!
    Open for lunch and dinner 7 days

Favorite Dish: Spare ribs , mushroom burger.
    Lamb chops - half portion is enormous!

Chef Specials:

Half Lamb Ribs
    Mixed Grill
    Prime Rib
    Lazy Aged Sirloin

All specialities are served with a home baked hot roll & a choice of chips or baby potatoes.

Seafood available ranging from calamari through to a beautiful seafood platter for two. Burgers, Salads, Vegetarian, Ribs, Chicken and Combo's of these are also available. The deserts are also spectacular.

For a light meal most of the above are available on a smaller scale, great for lunch or those that aren't that hungry.
    The premises are fully licensed. The license however facilitate B.Y.O bottled wine.

• Beaches

• phoebelosophy's Profile Photo

Cold Rock Ice Creamery: Make your own Ice cream

by phoebelosophy Written Sep 14, 2003
    yummy!

Ice Creamery's are fast becoming a popular place to hang-out and enjoy a delicious dessert. The thing that makes Cold Rock different from other ice creamery's is that YOU choose your own scoops of ice cream and, most importantly, 'mix ins'.

For example, you might be a 'choc-aholic', so you opt for a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of chocolate-chip ice cream. Then, you 'mix in' some m&m's, and a Mars Bar. This mixture is then 'mashed' together and served in a bowl. UTTERLY DEVINE!!!

Favorite Dish: My all-time fav is:

A scoop of Macadamia, Double Chocolate and Cookies & Cream ice cream. Mixed in with Oreos and maltesers.

My mouth is watering!!!

• lostaussie's Profile Photo

Manly Bay Restaurant on the...

by lostaussie Updated Aug 26, 2002

Manly Bay Restaurant on the Harbour. Great food at very reasonable prices compared to similar on the city side.
    Probably a bit above the average backpackers budget but if you have a few extra dollars and want a great meal, do yourself a favour.
    It´s on East Esplanade and I think the cnr street is Wentworth.
    Highly recommended!
    Good food and views without the prices to match.

Favorite Dish: I can´t even remember what I had there but they have an impressive range of seafood as well as catering to other tastes. I have been there a few times, always trying something different and was always impressed.

• Yiff's Profile Photo

Shelly Bay Kiosk: Restaurant on the seashore

by Yiff Written Oct 2, 2002

Rite on a little beach that is sheltered from the open sea & looks back to the nite lites of Manly. Open air section for Summer or whatever(actually, only cool in Sydney in Winter).
    Expensive but order lite & enjoy the ambience

Favorite Dish: The desserts are sweet & rich, best to share & enjoy.

• RamSter's Profile Photo

Seafood maybe???? This is...

by RamSter Written Sep 12, 2002

Seafood maybe???? This is Shelly beach in Manly, look at how clean this is...Daily ferries leave from Sydney harbour and go to manly (only 15 minute trip), a definant swim this summer!

Instant Answers: Sydney