The Italian Village, Sydney

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

The Italian Village: Good food, Gr8 company & Gr8 view for VT dinner

by aussiedoug Updated Dec 17, 2004

The Dessert

Just 2 nights ago this was were we had a lovely little VT dinner. Helen (hailun), Berni (BerniShand),her husband Carl (camcorderman) & humble me were in attendance.

To be totally honest the food is good, but I wouldn't rave about it. Now, I don't mean to be critical by saying that just honest. I did enjoy everything I ate, especially the dessert.

The ambience was pretty darned good! Helen thought somewhere around the Quay would be a good spot to have dinner with our British guests & found the website for this place. So here we ended up. We sat at an outside table & were rewarded with a fabulous view across the water to a beautifully lit up Sydney Opera House.

Carl enjoyed the Aussie beer even though Helen couldn't quite understand why he was drinking a Victorian beer (VB) & not a N.S.W. brew. I could understand.

It was a fantastic dinner with excellent conversation going from the silly extreme to the serious extreme with some gr8 humour interspersed. Berni & Carl kept us entertained with their "renovations" stories.

Maybe that's why I didn't notice the food that much as the conversation was just so enjoyable.

Favorite Dish: Those of you who've read my Les Andelys restaurant tip know how much I enjoy my Salmon & again the other night I got to enjoy it once more & get my fill of healthy Omega oils.

I ordered Salmone alla griglia which was chargrilled salmon with warm spanish onion & gree, cherry & pear tomato salad with a basil dressing. Hey what's not to like out of that! With this I had a side dish of Asparigi con parmigiana - asparagus with freshly shaved parmesan.

This was accompanied with a glass of Taylor's Riesling from the Clare Valley of South Australia, the best Riesling producing region of Australia.

To finish the meal perfectly I indulged in dessert. Now I say indulged because I'm on a bit of a diet which means I can only have bad stuff 1 day a week & I hadn't had any all week. Boy, did the Bodino di cioccolato e nocciola hit the spot. Yes, the warm chocolate hazelnut pudding with chocolate fudge sauce & hazelnut ice cream was absolutely delightful. Now don't all you sweettooths just wish you had been there with us?

• Adriani's Profile Photo

The Italian Village at The...

by Adriani Written Aug 24, 2002

The Italian Village at The Rocks. If you are coming during the holiday season/ Christmas/ New Year, please do make advanced reservations - at least 1 month in advance, as we were told by the good looking General Manager there, Salvatore (in glasses).

Favorite Dish: Italian cuisine. Everything in the menu is great.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

THE ITALIAN VILLAGE here at ...

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

THE ITALIAN VILLAGE here at The Rocks.

I have been to Sydney a couple of times, but this is definitely my most memorable trip... as I was traveling with my best buddies.

P.S: Please ignore our tired looks... as we had just returned from The Blue Mountains in Katoomba! By the time we reached Sydney at almost 8 p.m., ALL roads leading into Circular Quay were closed for the New Year's party (and man, what a party!!). Dinner that night was at 10 p.m. for us! No wonder we looked so tired.

The owner of this restaurant is really cool looking; we told him he reminded us of Sylvester Stallone (please see pic below. He's the guy in glasses)... and he immediately whipped out a camera and took pics with us.... and picked up the tab for our drinks.

You MUST book a table (at least 2 months in advance!) if you ever want to dine here on New Year's Eve at The Italian Village. I'm really NOT kidding.

You see, from your table, you'd see the MOST SPECTACULAR fireworks... right on Sydney Harbor. We dined consecutively for 2 nights at this place i.e. December 30 and 31st.

Any regrets?? Definitely NOT!

The prices are also very reasonable... and this is also considered as one of the upmarket Italian restaurants here.

Favorite Dish: Pasta...., Minestrone soup.... Oh, and try ordering their Ice Lemon Tea. When the drink arrived, it came like this - a glass of ice; a cup of hot tea; a packet of sugar and a piece of lemon - individually! Gee, this is something new to me. Apparently, this is how the Aussies drink their Iced Lemon Tea.

Instant Answers: Sydney

Comments

Hotels Near The Italian Village
4.0 out of 5 stars