Western Suburbs Restaurants, Sydney

by oscar12
    Hot Chocolate
    by keida84
  • unravelau's Profile Photo

Out of this world: Be sure to try everything.

by unravelau Updated Apr 4, 2011

Novotel, Homebush, Sydney

The conference centre is situated on the first floor (inner rooms), the buffets for the three conferences that were in full swing whilst I was there were on a glassed in deck overlooking the main arena and the torch lift for the 2000 Olympics. Outside the glassed area you could actually dine 'al fresco' with the same view. Our food started from the modest sandwich to special hot titbits kept at the right temperature in mini bain marees. Attention to detail would be my comment about the 'how' of the presentation. Just fantastic. Any wonder this is a popular place to stay or conference at.

Favorite Dish: Can't comment on price unfortunately because it was included in the conference costs.

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Fujiya Teppanyaki: Theatre and gourmet dining

by unravelau Updated Aug 2, 2010

It is like walking into another world to enter Fujiya Teppanyaki in Gordon. There is an array of intimate dining opportunities as well as the traditional lets be one of the two dozen around the long tables in the rectangle.

The walls are adorned with traditional Japanes women in costume and the decor is almost zen.

Favorite Dish: I can't say that I like abolone, but it certainly was a unique experience to watch the chef cook this and I'd say from memory about six other dishes. King prawns, scallaps, deep sea perch were among the selection but not being a seafood person I would say that the lightly marbled beef and wild spinach were my favourite of the day.

Given that there were a number of children in my group, the Mickey Mouse pancakes was their favourite. What a performance was witnessed with the chef also acting the clown and throwing food like the best circus juggler. We were totally enthralled with the act.

• Sahara Turkish Restaurant: Turkish Mediterranean with a flare!

by oscar12 Written Oct 6, 2008
    chargrill platter

We had been staying in Parramatta for the weekend and fortunate enough to bump into this little gem, having been to Istanbul, Turkey we just feel in love with it. We ordered a mixture of mezze, gourmet pides and a mixgrill platter to share and was satisfied, Great presentation and flavors.
    The restaurant itself is very modern and chic, we arrived without any bookings and we're seated however i think the weekends are mainly bookings as there was a lot of group bookings around us.
    We found it special as it was nice to feel a bit of modern 21st Century Turkey in Sydney.

Favorite Dish: The Izgara platter of chargrilled meats with the pilaf rice and choban salad was beautiful. Tender and just melting in your mouth.

• keida84's Profile Photo

Western Suburbs Restaurants: "Rouge": A Yummy Find

by keida84 Written Jun 9, 2005

Hot Chocolate

When we got off the boat in Parramatta it seemed as if the enitre city had shut down. We wandered down Charles Street and came upon the "Rouge" coffeehouse. With our hungry appetites we went it.

A small art deco place, the smell of coffee filled the air. The owners were tending the customers and it seemed that quite a few locals frequent this place. We are of the mind set, if the locals go here it's got to be good.

Favorite Dish: A enjoyable dish to try is the Cajun Chicken Filo wrap and my husband had the spinach and feta cheese pop over.

We also tried the white hot chocolate and a caffe latte. Delicioso!

• The Clarendon theatre...

by missthee Written Aug 25, 2002

The Clarendon theatre restaurant
    This place allows you to eat dinner while you watch a live music act/comedy routine...they have some quality players come and play here...beats any pub hands down...

Favorite Dish: Hot chocolate on a cold afternoon...

• Gnome's Profile Photo

SINGAPORE / MALAYSIAN FOOD: ...

by Gnome Updated Aug 24, 2002

SINGAPORE / MALAYSIAN FOOD: As I live in Singapore, but grew up in Sydney, many people ask me where to get authentic Singapore/Malaysian food when they are in Sydney. If you are really keen, go west to Parramatta (George Street) where there is a small restauarant called the Temasek Restaurant. Warning: this place is full of Singaporeans and Malaysians, but the food is excellent. Closed Mondays (I think).

• Fino's Italian Seafood...

by LadyIce Written Aug 24, 2002

Fino's Italian Seafood Restaurant, Fairfield (a Sydney Suburb)
    The hosts are fabulously friendly

Favorite Dish: Crockantino, a desert made of home made vanilla ice cream containing chocolate chips, almonds, walnuts and crushed italian Amaretti biscuits, served in a parfait glass with a small pot of short black espresso coffee, which you pour over the icecream little by little mmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmmmm

Instant Answers: Sydney