Jewellery, Sydney

Know about this? Rate It!

• Jewellery
  • Jewellery
    Her new blue set
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Hathi Jewelry: Unique, Handmade Pieces

by cjg1 Updated Dec 7, 2010

Hathi is one of Liz's favorite shops in the Rocks. This shop has a nice selection of handmade jewelry in different shapes, sizes and material. Liz fist discovered this shop during our October 2007 trip and have returned on both of our 2010 trips.

One our first trip I bought Liz a pearl choker which is one of her favorite pieces of jewelry and she often wears it on special occasions. On the March 2010 last trip Liz hit the jackpot so to speak finding three necklaces and two pairs of earrings. The first necklace was comprised of beautiful blue stones in a choker. The earrings were a must to complete the set. the second necklace was also a choker but had dark gray pears and purple stones. The earrings were also a must have for the set. The third necklace was a drop necklace with black and turquoise stones which was my favorite. We also found a pearl choker for my Mother in law which I though made for a nice Thank You gift since she drove us to the airport.

Our most recent trip in November 2010 we really shopped till we dropped here with three necklaces, three bracelets, three earrings for my wife. A set of a necklace and earrings for my Mother, one for my Mother in law and one for a friend back home who was watching our house. I think Collin was getting tired of seeing us in the store ...I doubt that since he is a real conversationalist and very charming (my wife loves him).

What to pay: The prices here are very reasonable: anywhere from $34-200 for a necklace.

• Koukii Jewellery Store Sydney: Sydney Jewellery Shop

by koukii Updated Apr 21, 2010

At Koukii we pride ourselves on offering the widest range of modern Australian handcrafted jewellery of set in all types and styles, be it set in white gold, sterling silver or 24 caret gold. We have a wide range of rings, pendants, bracelets, earrings, engagement rings, cufflinks and offer custom jewellery design services as well as our selection of handmade jewellery which is handcrafted by Adina herself.

What to buy: Modern Australian Jewellery

• Luxury Travel

• Dinosaur Designs Extinct sales store: Extinct - Dinosaur Designs

by sibernaut Updated Mar 29, 2010
    Dinosaur Designs Extinct store

So i discovered this gem by accident.
    Dinosaur Designs, the Australian homewares and jewellery store, has a seconds and sale store in Strawberry Hills (which is near central train station and Surry Hills an easy walk)

The store is very small, but packed with great finds and the girls told me that most stuff was just old stock and had nothing wrong with it.

The colours are amazing, from rich purples to neutral tones, and so many pieces including some amazing homewares like vases and platters. There is no other company like Dinosaur Designs.

Especially as everything is handmade so each piece is a one of a kind!

What to buy: handmade necklaces and jewellery, with unique one of a kind pieces from an iconic Australian company.

Necklaces, rings, bangles, plates, spoons and bowls.

What to pay: Prices start at $10, which is totally amazing! I got a couple rings for $10 and $30 and they are so bright and wonderful.

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Jewellery: Opal Strike

by LadyRVG Updated Jul 29, 2009

The purpose of our trip to Sydney was to celebrate my Birthday. My Birthstone is an Opal and Australia is known for their beautiful opals. Cris told me to find and Opal piece taht I wanted as my Birthday gift. Chris and I searched from store to store for what I wanted. I tend to be rather picky; especially where jewelry is concerned. After a stop in the Rocks we stumbled across a store called Opal Strike. There were cases of opal jewlery and other stones ranging from rings to necklaces. There were an nice assortment of opals ranging in color from white to blue, green to red. I began looking through display cases and found a ring that caught my attention. The sales woman came over and unlocked the case. I tried on the ring and it fit perfectly. The opal was a beautiful blue green in an oval shape and set in a simple white gold setting. Chris told the sales woman we'd take it and she rung up his purchase and wrapped the ring. The ring was perfect and I love my present.

What to buy: Anything with an Opal: rings, earrings, necklaces, pendants and bracelets.

What to pay: Affordable to expensive.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Opal Strike: The Perfect Birthday Gift

by cjg1 Written Nov 4, 2008

We were in Sydney to celebrate Liz's birthday. Since she is a Libra her birthstone is an Opal....what better place to find an Opal than Australia. Liz had an idea of what she wanted and is very picky about her jewelry. After searching many jewelry stores we came across Opal Strike. The saleswoman was very helpful and showed Liz a variety of Opal rings. After trying on some rings she decided on a white gold ring with an oval shaped black Opal. I felt bad that she picked out her own present and wasn't surprised but she was able to get exactly what she wanted this way.

• islandtaryn's Profile Photo

Margo Richards Antiques and Favorite Things: Into vintage jewelry?

by islandtaryn Updated Aug 10, 2005

There is a great little store in The Rocks that sells vintage jewelry as well as beaded bags, perfume bottles and a few pieces of vintage clothing.

Everytime I go there I manage to leave some nose smudges on the glass. It's a big girls toy store.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

L.G.Humphries & Sons: PRECIOUS THINGS

by BerniShand Written Feb 18, 2005

my koala

we were wandering around the top floor of the QVB waiting for the automated clock to strike the hour when we idly glanced into the window ....... there among a tray of gold charms was a really cute koala
    Everywhere l visit l buy a charm for my bracelet, and the koala was just what l wanted as my Australian souvenir

the guys in the shop were great, we chatted for ages, no pressure selling but laughs, travel stories and tourist tips, this is a real jewellers shop, not part of a chain but a real family business with excellent customer service.........I mentioned that one of my charms kept catching on my clothes, so while they fitted my koala they filed off the sharp edges on the other charm, it was all done within 2 hours

What to buy: this shop is full of wonderful things to buy, they sell all types of jewellery from antique to ultra modern, and they have a repair service

What to pay: what to pay ? whatever you can afford !
    my koala cost A$350, but its a solid lump of gold, so heavy it weighs my bracelet down, and it is handmade

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• Venturingnow's Profile Photo

Anywhere: Opal Purchasing

by Venturingnow Written Mar 16, 2003
    The Sydney Bridge Again

From what my guide/friend of Sydney told me, Australia is home to a bunch of pretty jewels, especially the opal. I was a young kid when I went to Sydney, so buying a small opal was an affordable sovenier for my family. When you aren't spending hundreds of dollars of opals, buying a $35 dollar one will not yield you a great opal, but it's not worth worrying about, it's still a great gift for someone, my mom loved this nice, small necklace I bought her with a small but pretty opal in it.

• SydneyGal's Profile Photo

SHOPPING STREET: Pitt Street Mall

by SydneyGal Written Jan 1, 2003

Inside the beautiful Strand Arcade

Pitt Street Mall is a fabulous place to shop - a must for anyone who wants to do a bit of shopping while in Sydney.

Pitt Street Mall, a pedestrian shopping precinct that contains numerous shopping arcades, is located in the heart of the city. Shopping arcades include the AMP Tower, The Glasshouse, Mid City Centre, Skygarden, The Strand Arcade (recommended!), and Sydney Central Plaza. From boutiques to music stores to bookstores to jewellery, there is something for everyone at Pitt Street Mall. Two of Australia's largest department stores, Grace Bros and David Jones, are within walking distance as well.

And after all that shopping find a place to eat in one of the many food courts and rest those feet.

What to buy: Clothes, clothes, gifts, music, homewares, cosmetics...almost anything

Instant Answers: Sydney