Tamworth Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Tamworth

Le Pruneau: A delightful find in Tamworth

by wise23girl Updated Mar 25, 2013

Tamworth N.S.W. Australia

Well I have a weakness for all things French and in Tamworth there is this most charming restaurant ...just look at the photos. I spent half my time there wandering around and looking at the decor...soaking up the atmosphere.

Wooden floors...and slate near the kitchen...little rooms with one or two tables...white cloths...a larger room with a fireplace...and a garden area outside. Just devine. Our waitress, Tammy, said the French chef had left not long before but our meal was delicious and served beautifully.

"Dis moi ce que vous manger, et je vais vous dire ce que vous etes !"

(Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are)

Favorite Dish: Well I loved the "floured and fried whitebait A($19 in 2012). I was also impressed to learn that fresh local produce is used and organic when available.
    ( You can read about the organic market in another review)

We both enjoyed the Rolled Roast Beef for $A29.

The menu is changed every 2 to 3 weeks..

New Opening Hours 2013s
    Open Tuesday to Sunday for Breakfast and Lunch

Dinner Friday and Saturday nights

Open for Afternoon Teas.

2013...Revisited...very popular Saturday night....we had travelled all day and arrived too late for the fish special

Trinitys Coffee Lounge: Scrambled eggs for Breakfast

by wise23girl Updated Apr 15, 2012

Trinity Coffee Lounge

Tamworth..NSW...Australia

We discovered this little cafe a few years ago and go back for breakfast any time we are back in Tamworth.

It is just an ordinary cafe in appearance but the food is good and freshly cooked.

A visit for lunch disappointed me as the chicken salad was not fresh chicked but some compressed rubbish...PITY

There is a place called the Castle not far away which could be worth a try...it was closed for renovation or we would have tried it out.

Favorite Dish: We usually have scrambled eggs but there are other choices such as mince on thick toast.

Open Mon-Friday 8am to 4pm
    Sat-Sunday 8am-1pm

The Rocks Pub: A Pub in a Brick Building

by wise23girl Updated Jun 3, 2012

Guinness Time

This place looked charming from the outside but it turned out to be a pub...just a little on 'the greasy spoon' side but I was curious and I was disappointed with the lunch next door at Trinity's.
    But they do sell Guinness...in fact they run on 'Guinness Time'

Anyway they served not a bad tuna salad and they did have green tea.

NOT THE SORT OF PLACE WHERE YOU NEED TO BOOK

We did intend to try Tamworth Cascada Restaurant this time but it was closed for renovation so if you are reading this review keep Casada in mind. Ask and ye shall find.

• cafank's Profile Photo

BBQ Barns: Food Glorious Food

by cafank Written Dec 22, 2009

This place a franchise but still worth a visit if you want to have a good steak. The Tamworth restaurant has won awards as a themed restaurant and themed it is....to tie in with the local cattle/beef industry.

You can get a tender, Flame Grilled Steak and melt in the mouth Baby Back Ribs - my favourites.

There's a huge array of steaks but if that's not your choice you can have risotto, chicken, fish, prawns and much, much more.

I've been here a few times now and each time I have a quality meal.

It's a child friendly place too - lots of children's meals.

Favorite Dish: Flamed grilled steak. Baby Back ribs

Enjoy your repas in the midst of gifts....fashion: The Old Bell Tower

by wise23girl Updated Apr 28, 2014

You are in New South Wales....Australia....and in the Country Music capital.

Well the last time we were in Tamworth we hoped to visit this little eating place but there were renovations happening....we had come to the back entrance car park and I had no idea..
    The Old Bell Tower was just up the road from our usual motel.....you lose your sense of direction in strange places...well some of us do.
    The Old Bell Tower is a combination of two heritage listed churches set in the midst of a gorgeous cottage garden.
    The complex is open seven days a week for breakfast, morning and afternoon tea, and lunch

Favorite Dish: Well the food is pretty special but you might find yourself caught up looking at the array of gifts.....nostalgic pieces....fashion....jewellery....you are literally surrounded...and if you do not fancy that you will find a charming garden setting outside.

I think I had poached eggs and avocado and bacon...but does that really matter...just choose for yourself.

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

Triple S BBQ Barn: Cowboy Town-Cowboy Food

by pedroswift Updated Apr 4, 2011

The poster (& the T-shirt you can buy in store) says, "Leave your nuts on the Floor"! .........Help yourself to unshelled peanuts and popcorn before you breast up to the bar for a beer and don't worry about throwing the shells on the floor. The Theme is "Feed the man (or woman) Meat". Although other meal choices are available (fish, chicken,veg), The Speciality is flame grilled marinated Steak and Ribs.
    You are also challenged to purchase an entree of your choice and a beef shank with potato and succotash & if you manage to eat it all, you get dessert free and your name on the honour board. During both visits to the Tamworth SSS BBQ Barn I've seen grown men cry when they have not been able to eat the huge lump of beef shank put before them. It really is a challenge!!

Favorite Dish: Ambience is early 1900's cowboy saloon. Service staff very friendly and attentive. Wine list and choice of beers more than adequate.
    On both visits I have opted to start with a green salad (free with the meal) followed by the steak & ribs combo meal ( $28.95)& I have been more than satisfied both times. I'll be back. If not to Tamworth then to one of the other outlets in NSW or more likely the Brisbane Restaurant.

Location: On the NewEngland Highway, southern side of town just north of golden arches. More info below.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

Vespa's: Value

by iandsmith Written Jan 22, 2010

This restaurant, run by an Aussie, is unabashed Italian.
    They have a good selection of wines also.

Favorite Dish: In fact, it's one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten at, hence it's popularity in this town. I had a marinara with my pasta and would recommend it but the other three people at my table enjoyed their meal as well so, take your pick, you won't be disappointed.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Tamworth

Comments

Tamworth Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tamworth restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tamworth sightseeing.