Wandandian Travel Guide

Kangaroos in a surburban neighbourhood
  • Off The Beaten Path
    My friend and I on Hyams Beach

Wandandian Shopping

• Ocean Earth: Great Surf Shop

by marisa81 Written Mar 10, 2004

Ocean Earth is a surfing company in Australia. It is not as big as its competitors Roxy or Billabong, but it is gaining popularity. The chain was started in a town just outside of Wandandian, in Sussex. Here there is a Ocean Earth discount/warehouse store, which has surf clothes, boards, sandles, etc.

What to pay: Prices are a little bit cheaper than if you bought the mainstream Roxy or Billabong surfing brand items

Wandandian Off The Beaten Path

• Wandandian is off the beaten path...

by marisa81 Written Mar 10, 2004

Since Wandandian is not very big at all, pretty much everything you do here is off the beaten path. A quick drive around the neighbourhood in the evening, and you will find plenty of kangaroos eating grass off people's front lawns. These roos are very tame, small and harmless, I was actually able to get quite close to one, after a friend ensured me they wouldn't box me!

Wandandian Favorites

• Hyams Beach

by marisa81 Written Mar 10, 2004

Favorite thing: Take a drive just outside of Wandandian to Hyams Beach. It is said to have the whitest sand in the world. This beach is a gem when compared to the over crowded beaches of Sydney or the Gold Coast. Hyams has plenty of room for privacy and only a few others on the beach to share with. Once here it makes you wonder why more people don't come down here!

My friend and I on Hyams Beach
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Wandandian

Comments

Wandandian Travel Guide
Map of Wandandian