Watsons Bay Restaurants

Hunny Bunny enjoying his meal
    by LadyRVG

Most Recent Restaurants in Watsons Bay

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Doyle's on the Pier: Quick and Good.

by cjg1 Updated Apr 10, 2012

Salt & Pepper Squid

I was in the mood for some Salt & Pepper Squid and so we stopped here for some while waiting for the next ferry. There's a nice indoor/outdoor seating area with tables. I placed my order and waited maybe 5 minutes for my squid. We headed inside and grabbed a table.

The Salt & pepper Squid here are a bargain for the insane prices of Doyle's just steps away plus I like the view.

**This place is on the Top Ten List for Best Fish & Chips in Sydney for 2010**

Favorite Dish: The salt & pepper squid were excellent. They were just what I wanted and better than I had remembered.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Watson's Bay Hotel: No longer what it once was....

by cjg1 Updated Apr 10, 2012

BBQ Prawns

My last four trips to Sydney have landed me here at the Watsons Bay hotel. My first time here was just for drinks with my wife (then girlfriend) back in 2007. Our second visit was to have some lunch with fellow VTers Helen and Dennis. Our fourth time was for lunch before a nature hike. Our most recent visit was in February 2012.

Watsons Bay hotel has indoor as well as outdoor seating. Unless it is torrentially raining outside or unbearably hot; I prefer to have a seat at one of the many umbrella laden picnic tables. The view of the harbor from the Hotel is quite nice and makes for the perfect alfresco meal.

The menu is posted on signs in an outdoor shack type structure. Place your order and they give you a numbered pager for when your food is ready. The bar is located inside if you want beverages. The menu has some tasty seafood dishes such as fish & chips, Tasmanian Mussels, Baramundi etc. You can eat inside or outside at picnic tables with umbrellas. It's counter service but the food is very good.

***Our most recent visit here in 2012; the food was very bad. My wife's prawns were fish smelling and inedible. My Fish & Chips were gross. This was the first bad meal we have had here and frankly I'm not eager to return.***

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Watsons Bay Hotel: Tasty Fare with Splendid Views

by LadyRVG Updated Dec 12, 2011

Tasmanian Mussels

The Watsons Bay Hotel is hands down a favorite place to visit when I’m in the Sydney area. My Husband first took me here in 2007, when we first began dating. From that first visit; I love the place and it has become a ritual for us when we are in Sydney. So far we’ve dined here five times and loved every visit.

It’s hard to miss the Watsons Bay Hotel. Once you exit the ferry and walk down the Pier it’s smack right in front of you. The food here is served in a casual setting with outdoor tables with umbrellas as well as tables inside by the bar. The menu selections are usually packed with fresh seafood such as Barramundi, clams, mussels, fish & chips, prawns and salmon. There are also some choices for the land lubbers but I’ll take the seafood any day. Ordering is easy; just queue up and place your order at the counter. They give you a numbered pager that will alarm when it’s time to pick up your food. Drinks are ordered at the bar inside.

I love being here whether it’s for lunch or just drinks ( I have been known to put more than a few beers away here). Sitting outside with such an amazing view of the water and city is a wonderful sight to see. Dining al fresco is a favorite of mine especially with such tasty food as they serve here. Some of my favorite meals here have been the BBQ Prawns and the Tasmanian Mussels. The prawns were huge’ so fresh and tasty. The mussels continue to blow me away and I have had them on three occasions. The mussels themselves are a nice size and cooked in a seasoned tomato broth and served with garlic toast on the side. Absolutely delicious..I dream of them.

Our last visit here was during American Thanksgiving of 2010. It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day with a hint of breeze from the water. We sat at a table with a nice view of the water in the shade. My husband and I enjoyed a few beers before enjoying our lunch. Lunch was my favorite Mussels while hubby had some Fish & Chips; not the typical Thanksgiving fare they were having at home…Thank God (I abhor Turkey). It was a nice beginning to our afternoon; having a lazy lunch before our walk around.

If you love a good meal with a beautiful view; this is the place to come. I always have an excellent time but maybe the company has something to do with it ;).

Favorite Dish: The mussels are excellent. They are a good size with sweet tender meat. The sauce is divine and perfect for dipping the garlic toast.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Doyle's on the Beach: Exceptional Seafood of course

by Gypsystravels Updated Aug 24, 2007

View of the restaurant from the Wharf

A family owned restaurant, Doyle's on the beach is the original site for Australia's first seafood restaurant founded in 1885.

The location is ideal, right on the beach overlooking the incredible view of Sydney Harbour. It has a laid back feeling with a large range of fresh seafood, and their prices are excellent.

They are open 7 day a week for lunch and dinner.

Doyle's: Doyle's

by cjg1 Updated Oct 9, 2006

Me and Laura.  March 26, 2006

This is THE thing to do on a weekend afternoon in Watson's Bay. I have only been to the self service side of things but it is the only way I'd want it.

Favorite Dish: My favorite food here is easily the Salt & Pepper Squid. So good. And you can get it in the combo with the fish and chips. Although you get much more with the S&P Squid order also with chips. A couple bottles of wine. Several hours great conversation. Friends you havent seen in almost a year. Yeah. This is perfect.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Watsons Bay

Comments

Watsons Bay Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Watsons Bay restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Watsons Bay sightseeing.