Aboriginies Art in Woolongong
I found some great mosaiques, made in the kind of Aboriginees art in the pedestrian zone of Woolongong, just take a look at my extra pictures here as well: in my 4th and 5th picture: some great mosaiques as well on a zebra-crossing next to the theatre of Wollongong and next to the new townhall & the tourist information !
- Arts and Culture
The unspoken rules of driving...
If your from interstate or overseas here are a few of the unspoken driving rules that not only apply for Wollongong, but pretty much all over Sydney...
1. If lanes are merging, you only have to let in one car at a time! Then each car behind you will also let in one car, therefore allowing the easy flow of traffic.
2. If someone allows you infront of them, do not forget the courtesy wave. Just a little signal with your hand to the revision mirror will suffice.
3. Never ever sit in the righthand lane. Merge into the right lane purely to overtake, and then quickly get back into the left.
I think the most important to remember are points no 1. and 2. Due to increasing amounts of roadrage, its just these little things that show gratitude that help ease otherwise tension filled situations!
Oh, and be familiar with the NSW roadrules before getting behind the wheel.
Visit the mall and shops
Most of the city's former main street has been closed off now and has a cascading series of fountains flowing down it and plenty of shops for you to check out.
So take a stroll through the mall and look around, take your time.
- Business Travel
- Budget Travel
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices