Airlie Beach Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Airlie Beach

• DennyP's Profile Photo

MEXICAN TEX- MEX RESTAURANT: VISIT CACTUS JACKS FOR A GREAT COCKTAIL

by DennyP Updated Jan 4, 2012

This site was chosen as a nightime venue for a "meet up" for evening drinks and munchies at the big VT meet at Airlie Beach. The Margaritas were the popular drink of choice with the "Jose Cuervo" Gold Tequila. These were closely followed by the "Moquitos" they make the best "Moquitos" around. Betska and Aussie Rose were really enjoying these..!! Some wise ones opted for the jugs of "Sangria".
    The food was typical Mexican with many ordering different dishes..The consensus was ...a great time was had by all ..the food was to everyones liking although mainly this was a " drink up" moreso than an "eat up" must say though the cocktails were a knockout..although expensive. Really good cocktail menu.
    Visit "Catus Jacks" as the sign says.."Come on...Make my margarita"!!
    HAPPY HOUR 5PM TILL 7PM DAILY

• Water Sports
    • Beer Tasting

• KC's: Leave well alone if you're in a hurry.

by Bananachips Written Dec 29, 2011

Probably the worst dining experience I've ever had and I've been to a lot of restaurants on my travels. The service was terrible and unfortunately the food was undecidedly great so that hardly made up for the bad service. I sometimes wonder whether the bad service which I have suffered from time to time is because i am a lone traveller and the waiting staff maybe think not to waste their time on a single diner, but this experience was unreal. As soon as I entered I was ushered into a corner and given a menu. I ordered a drink, a starter and a main. I had to wait wait over twenty minutes to get my drink and that was after having to ask twice! It was only a bottle of beer, it takes seconds to remove a bottle top and serve a bottle of beer from the fridge. Then after having waited forty minutes or so and having seen other larger tables who had arrived after I had ordered get their meals first, I finally get my main. When the waitress brings it over, I ask her whether or not they serve their starters before the main course? I got a blank look in return as to suggest that she did not appreciate the sarcasm of my remark. Half way through my main course, I eventually receive my starter! The waiting staff don't seem to see any thing wrong with this. Then to make things worse, having finished my meal (which was not great to be honest, very middle of the road steak), I then sit at the table with empty plates for about 30 minutes until I decide myself that I will go and ask for the bill. From asking I then waited 15 minutes before finally having to go up to the bar and insist on wanting to pay so that I could leave. Unbelievable. Unbelievably, I wasn't the most poorly treated guest that evening. There was another solo traveller who had already ordered and been waiting since before I arrived and he didn't get his meal until I had finished mine. Complete disorganisation, with plenty of waiting staff all just walking around not know what's going on.

• Andraf's Profile Photo

Cactus Jack's Bar & Grill: Tex-Mex in Airlie

by Andraf Updated Feb 28, 2011

Cactus Jack's Bar & Grill

This Mexican restaurant located on Airlie Beach's Esplanade seems to be quite popular with the crowds. The first time we tried to eat here, right after our late arrival in Airlie Beach we were told there's a 40 minutes wait. We were quite famished aftere the drive from Townsville so we moved our business elsewhere. The second time we were sitted immediately but it took some time until we actually got to order. Service was a bit slow throughout the night but we blamed that on the late hour (It was nearly 9 o'clock at night :) ) and on the fact that we got sited right after a group of about 10 people. Cactus Jack's is a Tex-Mex chain and as such you know what you get: casual atmosphere, average food, big portions, reasonable prices. I had the Hillbilly Deluxe burger and my companions went for stakes. A word of advice if you order stakes in Australia: they tend to dial it down a notch; if your stake is ordered medium what you'll get is the medium to well done US equivalent. If you want to see some pink on the meat try ordering medium-rare.

• Andraf's Profile Photo

Deja Vu: Wow!

by Andraf Updated Feb 28, 2011

Deja Vu Restaurant, Airlie Beach

What I have say about the Deja Vu restaurant of Airlie Beach can be summarized in one word: wow! I did not expect to find food so delicious after leaving Sydney behind (talk about preconceptions ...) Boy was I wrong. Right after I settled myself into the mindset of eating mediocre food for 10 days while touring the East Coast, I ran into this little gem. Gourmet food in the true sense of the word. The restaurant is located at the Water's Edge Resort and for us in particular it was the easiest in town to find because we were staying at Water's Edge. It's beautifully set by the swimming pool of the hotel, up on a hill, the lights of town visible below us. The tables are nicely set. All in all, a very romantic atmosphere. The service was great throughout the night, courteous and attentive. But the best part was the food. For starters I had the French Affair which was very delicious and as main I went for the Vegetable & Legume Dahl. Husband got the kangaroo fillet which he said was the best that he ate during his trip in Australia. I was disappointed by only one thing the entire night and that is that I was too full to order desert - the portions are quite generous. Highly recommended.

• Easy Cafe: Airlie Beach's Best Kept Secret

by Beattrekker Updated Jun 27, 2010

I am a frequent visitor to Airlie Beach and The Whitsundays and I have visited pretty much all the restaurants in town and to be honest I was getting a bit bored with them all...until I discovered Easy Cafe! This charming little cafe is tucked away down an arcade and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people don't even know it's there which is a real shame because the food is awesome! We stumbled on it one Sunday morning and enjoyed an excellent breakfast in the pretty courtyard. I have to say that the coffee is the best I have tasted in Airlie and I ended up having a second cup.

We were so impressed with the food and the friendly service that we decided to go back that same night to try out their evening menu which is inspired by the fresh produce of the Tropics. The cafe is licensed so we were able to enjoy a couple of glasses of chilled wine with our delicious meal. I 100% recommend this lovely little cafe to visitors and locals alike. At night the restaurant was pretty quiet and I just hope that more people discover this little gem so that it's still there the next time I'm in Airlie.

Favorite Dish: It was pretty difficult to choose from the menu because everything sounded SO GOOD! I opted for the Chilli Dusted Butterfly Prawns with dipping sauce and they did not disappoint. My partner chose crispy kangaroo meatballs with bush spiced tomato chutney as his entree. For mains, in keeping with the Tropical Theme of the menu, I just had to have the Pan Fried Swordfish with chunky mango and avocado salad and toasted coconut salsa verde. AWESOME!

• Rum Bar and Fish D'Vine: Best Chili Mud Crab and Rum

by stombell Written Feb 2, 2010

We loved the Rum Bar and Fish D'Vine so much, we went there both nights we were in Airlie Beach. The bartenders can mix up over 150 different rum drinks. And when you get hungry, just order the chili mud crabs. It's the best I have ever eaten. Messy but delicious.

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Great food at great prices

by aussirose Updated Nov 1, 2009

Mangrove Jacks Airlie Beach

We chose Mangrove Jacks for our Saturday night presentation dinner. We had heard that the food is excellant, quick service, close to everything being at the Airlie Beach Hotel in the centre of town, and great prices.

Well we were not dissapointed. In fact everyone thought it was an excellant venue!

So if you are after a great feed at a great price, quick service with a smile and a nice large open seating area....then Mangrove Jacks is a great choice!!

Btw, I had a flash back here.... Mangrove Jacks was where I discovered I was pregnant with my 4th, Jesse. I remembered coming here and ordering a big meal...only to have that 'known' queezy feeling when it arrived & I couldn't eat it....many years ago in 2006 ;o) .....What a thing to remember!! haha :o)

• Photography
    • Wine Tasting

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Deja vu Restaurant - Waters Edge: Sunday lunch 8 course

by aussirose Updated Nov 1, 2009

aussirose with owner & staff of Deja vu Restaurant

Deja vu Restaurant located at the Waters Edge is fantastic!! ..Especially the popular 8 course Sunday lunch with entertainment included.

Book well in advance as the numbers fill up quick!

Awesome views, fabulous entertainment, food to die for and attentative service all add to a great time! What a wonderful way to end another fantastic downunder meet!!

• Wine Tasting
    • Photography

Cactus Jack's: Tex Mex in Airlie Beach

by betska Updated Jun 20, 2009

Great decorations

Good atmosphere and very nice frozen margaritas. The meals were very large. My tasting plate however was a bit cold. Mum's Barramundi was delicious.

The bill all out was A$54 they had some kind of deal with the frozen margaritas.

Happy hour 5 till 7pm daily with a good cocktail/mocktail list. Prices $5.50 - $10
    Beer $4 - $6.50

Wednesdays - Margaritas & Coronas Cactus Hour Prices all Night

Favorite Dish: I would go for the barramundi.

Mangrove Jacks: Home of Airlie's famous wood fired pizzas

by betska Written Jun 20, 2009

Mangrove Jacks

Seafood, chicken, pasta, burgers. There's an extensive menu here. They also sell over 40 different wines by the glass, ranging in price from A$5 to $10.

Favorite Dish: We shared the BBQ tiger prawn pizza, deal with 2 glasses of wine was A$23

Whitsunday Sailing Club: Not a bad drinking hole for a sundowner

by betska Written Jun 20, 2009

Drinking & smoking area

This little local club must have one of the best bar views in Airlie Beach.

They serve the usual club/bistro style food here, eg. schnitzels, steaks, seafood, pot pies, lasagne, salads, even curries. Prices range from around A$15-$30, and they also do lunch and dinner specials for $10. The bistro is open from 11am all day, everyday.

Full-strength beer $3.30 for a pot, $4.40 for a schooner

Favorite Dish: The steak sandwich was good.

• lou31's Profile Photo

Caper's: Fantastic location and good food!

by lou31 Updated Oct 8, 2007

View out over the bay.

Capers is part of the Airlie Beach Hotel and is situated right on the esplanade with tables both inside and out.

We called in here on a Saturday morning and the place was packed with diners enjoying some tasty looking breakfasts. With it's alfresco dining it had some great views out over the bay.

Favorite Dish: I just had a coffee but the food all looked good!

They are renowned for their great steaks and seafood. They are fully licenced and open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• lou31's Profile Photo

Cold Rock Icecreamery: Best Icecream in town.

by lou31 Written Jul 31, 2005

Cold Rock Icecreams

This is the new way to eat icecream.
    The way it goes is...you pick your flavour then choose a yummy 'something' to mix with it.

They have a selection of goodies like mars bars, gummy bears, smarties, cherry ripes, peanuts etc and they mix it with your icecream on cold marble slabs with a spatula. The end result is delicious!

Favorite Dish: I had a small tub of vanilla icecream mixed with a crunchie bar.
    Cost...$3.90 and worth every cent!

• Diving and Snorkeling

• ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

Sushi Hi: Hi Sushi... you need creativity....

by ChadSteve1975 Written Jan 13, 2005

Hi Sushi...roll around in seaweed

This little sushi deli provides welcome variety to the available food groups in Airlie Beach.

And the sushi is fairly priced in a overpriced market.

The only problem I found with the selection was the fact that each suchi seemed to lack variety. Whether it was Spicy Chicken, Teriyaki Beek or other it came with Avocado.

Favorite Dish: The Spicy Chicken sushi Roll was great.

• ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

The Sidewalk Cantina: Mexican for the Non mexican mexicans

by ChadSteve1975 Written Jan 9, 2005
    Bright cliche mexican restaurant

The Mexican Cantina is Airlie Beach's only available mexican food place. Located on the waterfront the restaurant is well situated.

In the morning the place serves your regular breakfast menu.

Lunch and Dinner though are mexican fare.

The decor and appearence as decent.

Favorite Dish: We actually ordered the meal as takeaway and well can only describe it as a little disappointing. Meal sizes were not overly complementary.

The prices are a little more than what you'd expect to pay in a big city. (ie tourist area prices).

Instant Answers: Airlie Beach

Comments

Airlie Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Airlie Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Airlie Beach sightseeing.