Beerwah Restaurants

Coffee and cakes
    by robertgaz
    Industrial sized coffee
    by robertgaz
  • A great Queensland roadside bar.  (Thanks, Kev!)
    A great Queensland roadside bar. ...
    by 850prc

Most Recent Restaurants in Beerwah

• robertgaz's Profile Photo

Feeding Frenzy Foodcourt: Huge seating area

by robertgaz Written May 13, 2008

Australia Zoo must get some very large groups that come through as their dining area is huge with tons of seating for up to 1200 people.

The Feeding Frenzy Foodcourt offers an extensive menu that includes burgers, Italian and Chinese, takeaway, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. Their coffee is served strong in industrial sized mugs.

The Kids’ Kiosk offers snacks such as ice-creams, drinks, pies, sandwiches, and cakes.

Coffee and cakes Industrial sized coffee
    • Zoo
    • Theme Park Trips

A great Aussie place for beer and burgers: The tavern at Ettomaugh

by 850prc Updated Jun 11, 2007

On our way back to Scarborough from Australia Zoo, my VT bud Kev (k.knight) took us to the Ettomaugh tavern. This was one of those colorful local places that happily remind you that you are far, far from home. Australians really do have a bit of the frontier spirit, what we Americans would call the "wild west". That's kind of the reality and attitude at Ettomaugh. You get the feeling that just about anything civilized is OK, and they only want people to feel welcome and have a good time.

Kev was especially keen on me seeing the dunny, e.g. the bathroom. The men's urinal has been contructed from a series of bisected stainless steel drums, that I think previously contained beer. It may be a down-under way of proving the old axiom that one never actually BUYS beer, you only rent it for a while.

Favorite Dish: The food was fine at Ettomaugh. After a fun-filled and yet tiring day at Australia Zoo, the chance to pull off for a cold beer and snacks was a welcome plan. I didn't eat a full meal as I knew Kev had a local Chinese restaurant in mind for our group plus his wife Anne and their extended family. So, I was busily keeping a bit of space in my stomach, so to speak.

That sure didn't stop my daughter from getting herself a burger and some chips (french fries back in the states), along with a cold Coke.

As for Kev, Bonnie and I, it was a few brews.

The service was also terrific....super friendly and fun-loving Aussies, just trying to show you a big welcome. They sure did, and if our path finds us in the area sometime in the future, we'll swing by for another round.

A great Queensland roadside bar.  (Thanks, Kev!) Reminds me of that Aussie The men's urinals, made from stainless barrels Sara enjoys a bit of home (a coke) at Ettomaugh

The Crocoseum Snack Bar: getting tucker at the Crocoseum

by 850prc Updated Jun 9, 2007

There is a lot larger menu over at the Feeding Frenzy Court, but if watching all of those crocodiles snapping up dead chickens makes you hungry, you can slip into the feedbag onsite at the Crocoseum venue. Hamburgers, chicken strips, cokes, coffee, tea, etc.

I wonder which entree is the croc's favorite?

Feeding Frenzy indeed....

by 850prc Updated Jun 9, 2007

The food at Aussie Zoo is actually pretty good, much better IMHO than you'd find at the Tragic Kingdom or similar US venue.

You have the usual fare, hamburgers, chicken strips and such... and there was also a pasta/pizza place AND a Chinese food stand.

The most amazing thing was the HUGE hamburgers being served. Done up Aussie style including everything from carrots and beets to onions and condiments, it challenged the very manhood of your VT guide PChamlis. Along with VT nobleman Kev (K.Knight), I tried one of these goliaths for lunch one day, and somehow managed to finish it. I wisely swallowed a prilosec ahead of wading in, though... There's nothing worse than acid reflux on vacation.

Favorite Dish: My daughter enjoyed the Chinese food... and that Croc Burger was very very good. Filling though, not for lightweight eaters.

Anytime we eat, it's a frenzy. Gulp.   Jeez Louise, what a burger. Looking at the food pavalion from the Croc-oseum Nothing like Chinese food at an Aussie Zoo

• joanj's Profile Photo

On site restaurant: Get a table near the front ......

by joanj Updated Aug 22, 2004

Make sure you get a table or chair near to the railing on the restaurant deck, as if there is a croc show going on you have a ring side seat.

We had lunch and at the same time saw the crocs have theirs. Awesome show.

• Zoo

Instant Answers: Beerwah

Beerwah Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Beerwah restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Beerwah sightseeing.