Bell Travel Guide

The Bun
    We stayed here

Bell Things to Do

by wise23girl Updated Sep 14, 2011

Bell is only a 30 minute drive from The Bunya Mountains and though I know heaps of folk who go there regularly this stay in Bell prompted us to take the short drive for our first visit. Of course there are places to stay in the national park but as the steep winding ascent is not a good idea for caravans Bell is an ideal alternative.

I am sorry not to be able to put my hand on some photos as I am sure we took some of the bush walk. (before VT)

NB Do not use your GPS...Follow this link for directions

• National/State Park

Bell Restaurants

by wise23girl Updated Feb 25, 2012

Bell, Queensland, Australia.

A Contry Pub in a little town.......

I think this was a regular meal night...locals were there as well as us.....

Well we were sent here by the caravan park lady and when we first walked in we were a bit dubious.....but we were surprised!..Behind a closed door was a little dining room where home cooked meals were served...nice tablecloths and all to greet our eyes....not a lot of choice but what there was was very tasty.

So this is the rest of the story:

Accommodation avaiable, comfortable affordable rooms....we did not see the rooms

Ice cold beer on tap.

Meals available on request, but you need to phone ahead.

Favorite Dish: What they have cooked for the day

Bellview Hotel

Bell Off The Beaten Path

by wise23girl Written Sep 16, 2011

If you are staying in Bell (a town with a very short name) you can drive to Kaimkillenbun which is recognized as the Queensland town with the longest single name, but is affectionately known by locals as "The Bun
    Kaimkillenbun is located 24 km from Dalby, on the way to the Bunya Mountains. The surrounding area had a population of approx 300.

Kaimkillenbun was the setting for the Nicole Kidman movie" Chase Through the Night" and it was also the birthplace of Olympic basketballer John Dorge.

What I cannot recall is whether there was an old Railway Station so if you go please let me know.

The Bun

Instant Answers: Bell

Comments

Bell Travel Guide
Map of Bell