Boonah Restaurants

• balhannah's Profile Photo

AUSTRALIAN HOTEL: LUNCH TIME SPECIALS

by balhannah Written Jul 12, 2013

My Rump steak

The Australian Hotel, one of Boonah's old Hotels [est 1888], is located in the main street.
    Outside, there was a "special's" board for lunch-time meals, most of these were around the $10 mark, and there were a few choices.
    The Bar is where you order your meal and can have a look at the usual Menu. Price's weren't bad, but drinks were quite expensive.

As it was a nice sunny Winter's day, we decided to sit on the front verandah of the Hotel. It was really pleasant. It wasn't long before out meal came, Rump Steak with chips and salad. My only complaint was my steak wasn't that tender, my husband had tenderer steak, although still not melt in your mouth. For $10, I couldn't complain!

• Seniors

• Wybellina's: Small town dining...

by rotceh Written Nov 3, 2006

Wybellina's has recently been taken over by a young local girl and her family, and whilst keeping a lot of the relaxed cafe feel of it's previous alias "Kelly's", the new owners have managed to incorporate some funky new furniture and menu changes to give the place a more polished feel. Opt for a simple homecooked meal, such as pastabake or roast, or put together your own sandwich from the range of options available. They can handle your caffiene requirements, as well as offering a selection of freshly squeezed juices (very good!).

Wybellina's is located on the High Street, opposite the Cultural Centre and is open during usual business hours, as well as most of Saturday. As far as I know they're not opening on Sunday at the moment but may do so in future. Drop in and say hi, I'm sure Lauren and her team will make you feel welcome!

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Boonah

Comments

Boonah Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Boonah restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Boonah sightseeing.