Bribie Island Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by veronica1970
  • Restaurants
    by veronica1970
    Fisherman's Lunch - yummie!
    by pedroswift

Most Recent Restaurants in Bribie Island

• Waterways Restaurant: Fabulous Food, Fabulous Location, Fabulous Service

by veronica1970 Written Apr 24, 2013

The great view of the Bribie Passage is the icing on the cake with a visit to this restaurant. The food was delicious and great value. A warm and friendly welcome was offered by Jeannie the owner. Warm bread rolls were a lovely touch while we perused the menu. I enjoyed Roast Duckling a la Orange with potatoes and seasonal vegetables. The rest of my party enjoyed king prawns and king was the best name for them but so fresh they almost melted in their mouth. A sparkling glass of wine was enjoyed as we lazily enjoyed our time at the restaurant. The staff are friendly and attentive to your every need but unintrusive too. The dessert trolley was so sumptious we had to try something! With a choice from homemade gateau, cheesecake and apple pie we eventually shared a black forest gateau and fresh whipped cream. To finish our delicious meal we enjoyed hot cappacino's. A fine visit was enjoyed by all of us and we will certainly be returning.

Favorite Dish: Roast Duckling a la Orange was my favourite. It was hot and fresh, the presentation was appealing to the eye. The orange sauce was obviously home made and just the right consistency. Roast potatoes were accompanied by carrots, peas and cauliflower. The quantity was adequate without being overwhelming and the quality was the best I have tasted.

• Business Travel

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Various: Several options for eating out

by amandajayne81 Written Nov 7, 2011

Gorgeous sunset in the background

The area within a five minute walk of our hotel provided us with at leat 10 options for eating. These ranged from Fish and Chips shops, ice creameries, Thai, Chinese and a few upper market restaurants. One was hosting a wedding on Saturday night and the other treated us to a few delicious desserts. The options and price ranges were endless. The icecreamery was very cute and had a rock and roll theme.

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

Woorim Surf Club: Alfresco Dining with Bay Views

by pedroswift Updated Oct 12, 2010

Fisherman's Lunch - yummie!

On a recent day trip to Bribie, Lunch on the deck at the Woorim Surf Club overlooking Moreton Bay and the shipping lane leading out of the Port of Brisbane proved to be a winner. The view; the food; the wine list all proved to be much better than I had anticipated. The only area in which I could fault the set up is in the lack of easy wheelchair access.
    Boy oh Boy! If you are a tooth merchant, you will be impressed by the Menu at WSC. There is a great choice and the prices are affordable. Each dish is annotated with a recommended wine pairing.
    As well as various snacks there are breads and dips available eg Tomato & basil bruschetta, crumbled feta balsamic glaze $ 7.50
    Entrees: a choice of about a dozen - the majority of which are gluten free. We restricted ourselves to a main each but next time I’ll have the entrée of Szechuan Pepper Seasoned Squid: flash fried and served with green salad and aioli. $ 12.50 ($ 20 as a main).
    There are Caesar Salad and Greek Salads ranging in price from $12.50 to$17.50 depending on accompanying topping (Portugese Chicken, King Prawns or Smoked Salmon)
    Mains include five seafood choices, 2 chicken, a mushroom and parmesan Risotto and 3 choices of MSA grain fed beef from the grill ($25 – 27.50)
    There are sides $3.50 : fries, mash, green salad or cooked veg available for big eaters. Children are well catered for meal wise and I was impressed by the staff taking the time to issue what appeared to be free icey-poles to kids after their meals.
    Desserts and cheese board are available. The above mentioned staff were very friendly. Wine service was good. The remaining inch in the open bottle (not enough for a glass full) discarded with a new bottle opened. Most places would have mixed them.
    Have I mentioned the wine list? The list of Australian and NZ wines is extensive with a couple of dozen choices of both whites and reds and a dozen or so sparkling whites, red and rose. Available by the glass or bottle. There is even a choice of a couple of whites a red and a sparkling for $4 a glass (1.9 standard drinks) or $14 a bottle. My Scottish heritage was well catered for.

Favorite Dish: My Navigator chose to eat Tempura Battered Parrot Fish with salad and fries $17.50 which was voted as being better than your average fish and chips. He chose the Fisherman’s Lunch of Scallops in the half shell, Szechuan Squid, flathead and fresh King Prawn on fresh Green Salad and Tartare Sauce $22.00. This proved to be very good. I was especially taken with the squid – hence the resolution to have it as an entrée next visit.
    I could not help observe fellow diners enjoying their steaks from the grill. I immediately thought of the $45 steak I had at a more up-market place last week. It was good too...but was it worth twenty bucks more?
    We drank wine by the glass.
    Casual dining (no table cloths and standard eating/drinking ware) but I was impressed and came away with a promise to return.

• Beaches

• stevemt's Profile Photo

AJ's on the beach: Great local beach food

by stevemt Written Dec 28, 2008

A great place to eat on the beach in Woorim

The restaurant has 3 sections, takeaway, open air, and so called a la carte

Favorite Dish: Fish and chips

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Bribie Island

Comments

Bribie Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bribie Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bribie Island sightseeing.

View all Bribie Island hotels