Bribie Island Warnings and Dangers

• These hours don't suit a shopper like me ;-)
    These hours don't suit a shopper like me...
    by amandajayne81
    Have a paddle in the shallow part
    by amandajayne81

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Bribie Island

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Surf Safety

by amandajayne81 Written Nov 7, 2011
    Have a paddle in the shallow part

When we drove up the beach on the ocean side it was a bit of a worry with the two small children we had in our group. The normal road rules should be followed on the beach but never assume that all the drivers are aware of this. Also the beach WAS NOT patrolled and we did little more than let the two kids paddle very close to us. Even as a strong swimmer I wasn't sure that I would be safe in the water alone let alone with them. Further back I saw people with boards, etc but with so many gorgeous patrolled beaches in Australia give the swimming a miss here.

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Shopping and opening hours

by amandajayne81 Written Nov 7, 2011
    These hours don't suit a shopper like me ;-)

I was pleasantly surprised about the amount of shopping on the Island (much more than your average small town) but in Bongaree there was a little less but more than enough to satisfy any emergency and a little more. The warning here though is that opening hours were not that regular and whilst some shops were open a lot, many like the one in the photo had quite short hours.

Instant Answers: Bribie Island

Comments

Bribie Island Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Bribie Island warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bribie Island sightseeing.

View all Bribie Island hotels