Flora & Fauna, Brisbane

Know about this? Rate It!

Ibis
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous "FRED"
  • Flora & Fauna
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Feeding the Ibis

by balhannah Written May 4, 2009

Ibis

Favorite thing: These Birds are quite friendly even though they may not look it. They love to hang around eating areas, hop on tables etc, where ever food is. They never used to be like this, there home was in the Farmer's paddocks, finding grubs to eat with their long beaks. A long drought, thousands of hungry birds, and they found Suburbia for a food supply. DO NOT FEED THEM, as they are trying to get them back to their proper habitat.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Green Tree Frogs

by balhannah Written Apr 13, 2009

Gorgeous

Favorite thing: I hope that you like Frogs when you visit Queensland as there is a good chance that you will run into one of these placid fellows. A place that you are likely to find them is in Public Toilets, either in the bowl, under the lip, or just sitting on the seat staring into the bowl. Don't kill them, just put them aside, and get on with your business. The one in the photo I found in a Public Toilet on the seat.

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo

Roma Street Parklands

by Kristina1701 Updated Nov 4, 2006

Favorite thing: I was bored, thinking I had already seen all of what Brisbane has to offer. Then someone recommended going to the Roma Street Parklands to me. I had noticed them on the city map but had never actually considered paying them a visit as I thought it would be just some normal, boring park. How wrong I was!!! I just loved the place! I liked it that much that I went there again the next day! There are thousands of beautiful flowers and trees, a lake and waterfall and the place is full of cute little geckos :-D
    To get there you can either take a train and get off at Roma Street or walk there from the city. Go to the city hall and then walk straight on! (cross the road and pass by the church and then go straight on, up the hill)

• Eco-Tourism