The Beat, Brisbane

Know about this? Rate It!

• The Beat: The worst experience ever

by macaulay Written Jul 20, 2012

The BEat nightclub has now been forcing their policy to have a visitor's photo taken before allowing eneterence to the club. It is not enough for them to see your ID they want your picture taken. and If you refuse - you can find some other venue. The worst place ever! Will never advise any one to visit this place. Yuk.

• The Beat: nightlife

by jr7575 Written Apr 10, 2011

The worst night of my life. As a gay male and human rights lawyer I was disgusted to be acosted by a 50 yo bouncer at the door who refused entry to my 2 female friends, which was fine as they were very drunk but then called me a faggot and abusd me beyond belief. Having been a strong suporter for many years bringing many people to the club and financiially supporting it to the best of my ability. After the abuse i have received i will never return and urge all others in the same position to do the same, It was meant to be a safe haven but I and my frineds were abused beyond belife by these low rent door people who refused to deliver the tapes of the incednt when challenged and told us we were banned for life from the club. All in all it is not a huge issue to us that is my group of friends although we are all very much professional and therefore high net worth indiviuals however after this night all 30 of us have made a pact never to return to this false place of security. Best of luck to them but as those who have supported them through thick and thin we all cut our ties with extreme disapointment of a venue with heavy hearts.....

• The Beat: Get down and get funky!

by cyclops25503 Written Apr 18, 2008

I went in not expecting a whole lot, and I'll say...I was very pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is great, the bartenders are awesome, and they play good music. Feel free to get up and dance on the floor - I guarantee you won't be alone by the end of the night!

Dress Code: Street wear

• Gay and Lesbian

• nadkid's Profile Photo

The Beat: Best Music in Town (if you like techno)

by nadkid Updated Nov 14, 2005

We went there at Good Friday and loved the music! There were also the cutest guys in town but unfortunately they were kissing each other.
    It is a nice place for a fun night out we went home around closing time and met some very nice and funny people.
    Music downstairs is the best. Upstairs it gets very crazy and less techno-like but it is still heaps of fun!!!
    They also had a good drink special between 10 and 11...

• Gay and Lesbian

• The Beat Nightclub, Fortitude...

by Brizzy_Chick Written Aug 24, 2002

The Beat Nightclub, Fortitude Valley
    It is a gay nightclub (I am not gay though!) and they play great music. It attracts both gays/lesbians/heterosexuals in equal numbers because of the great music, casual atmosphere and the fact that everyone is treated equally and there to have a good time.

Dress Code: Dresscode is street wear. You may actually be turned away for being too dressed up!!!

Instant Answers: Brisbane