Know about this? Rate It!
Other areas in the Botanic Gardens are the Rainforest, Fragrant Herb and Plant Garden, the Bonsai, Cactus and Fern Houses, Lagoon and Bamboo Grove and the Australian Plant Community which takes up 27 hectares just by itself. There is also a Planetarium and Herbarium.
The Bamboo Grove existed on its own before the gardens were developed. There is a lagoon which is home to a variety of native wildlife from birds, lizards to turtles and eels.
Location : Botanic Gardens, Mt Coo-tha
The Japanese garden display is quite lovely and is in the theme of the Japanese Garden is ‘tsuki-yama-chisen’ or ‘mountain-pond-stream’. There are the usual stone pagoda’s and bolders strategically placed around tranquil ponds and cascading.
Location : Botanic Gardens, Mt Cootha
The Brisbane Botanic Gardens
Founded in 1970, the Brisbane Botanic Gardens are set on 52 hectares at Mt Coot-tha. There are over 20,000 plants which represent some 5000 species collected from around the world. You can take a volunteer guided walk daily except Sunday and public holidays and between mid-December and mid-January which last around 1 hour. Admission is free and the gardens are only 8 kms from the city centre.
There are various displays including a tropical dome made up of tinted panels in an aluminium frame. Pathways meander through a variety of tropical plants and around a central pond. The dome is open between 9.30am and 4.00pm daily
Location : Mt Coot-tha Road, Toowong
Brisbane Botanical Gardens. ...
Brisbane Botanical Gardens. Absolutely gorgeous gardens, and the place where you'll find couples lying on the grass just having a 'romantic' moment.
The gardens are open 7 days a week, and can be found at Gardens Point, Alice Street in the City.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Brisbane Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sarikei Hotels
- Johannesburg Hotels
- Estes Park Hotels
- Muhafazat Janub Sina'
- Kefar Nahum Hotels
- Banff Off The Beaten Path
- Berlin Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Petersburg Off The Beaten Path
- Liguria Off The Beaten Path
- London Off The Beaten Path
- Beijing Off The Beaten Path
- Bacolod City Off The Beaten Path
- Townsville Off The Beaten Path
- Lago di Garda & surroundings of the town
- Sarasota Off The Beaten Path
- Sorrento Off The Beaten Path
- Canberra Off The Beaten Path