Know about this? Rate It!
The Chenrezig Institute was the first Tibetan Buddhist centre formed in the western world, and remains today as one of the largest.
It is a centre for teaching, mediation, and a calm and relaxing place to visit and relax.
There is a community of nuns and monks who live here, there is also a fantastic restaurant (Veg of course) that serves a lunch for visitors. They do like you to book for this, and the price is only $9.90
The garden of enlightenment is a memorial garden for Buddhists, passed on, and is a wonderful tranquil place to wander.
The setting here is in bushland and so peaceful
Its a little over 1 hours drive from Brisbane.
They run regular retreats and teaching sessions here, have a look at the website if you are interested.
Address is 33 Johnsons Road, Eudlo, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Food and Dining
- Religious Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Brisbane Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dallas Hotels
- Cape Town Hotels
- Costa Rica
- Cocoa Beach Hotels
- Pass Christian Hotels
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path