Arriva Italian Restaurant, Brisbane

3 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

• Arriva Italian Restaurant: beautiful place

by Tooota Updated Feb 4, 2006

I was just reading all the reviews given about this place and thought that i should give mine seeing as i was here for about a year everynight except Mondays, obviously i was a waitress here its been a while as i moved out of brisbane. this place has the best italian food that i have ever tasted everything is beautiful, including the owners who have put their whole life into this place just to satisfy everyone who walks through their doors. So it seems the waitresses arent that great at the moment but i loved working there and when i did i took pride in my work because the owners deserved it. i'd give anything to go back to Brisbane and eat there because everything is amazing.

Favorite Dish: Gnocci Gorganzolla i cant even describe how good it was My most fave thing to eat in the world

• Arriva Italian Restaurant: A lesson in how NOT to be a professional waiter

by bezerra Updated Dec 10, 2005

I really wanted to enjoy this restaurant, as I had heard very good things about this establishment. Unfortunately it failed dismally to live up to any reputation it could have had owing to the rudeness of its wait staff. Our group had an early booking of 6pm. Little did we realise that we had to be out exactly at 7.15pm. Something that was not brought to our notice until... 7.15pm. When our desserts arrived. (Lets not mention the delay between our finishing mains and the taking of our dessert order - about 15 minutes I do believe) We were told that we needed to leave in 6 minutes. Our bill accompanied our desserts, and once my husband had signed off on his visa card we were told to leave the table - immediately. The rudeness of our waitress was beyond compare - the highlight was when she told us if we "didn't like it, don't come back"

Well Jacqui, or whoever was the rude "person" who served us - we won't come back. You have left a bad taste in our mouth which is a pity, as the food was quite passable.

Favorite Dish: I can't remember - the trauma of dealing with the wait staff has banished the flavour

Instant Answers: Brisbane

Comments

Hotels Near Arriva Italian Restaurant
4.0 out of 5 stars