Buderim Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Buderim

Sakura Japanese Cafe: some of the best Japanese food

by wise23girl Written Apr 13, 2015

A plain little cafe hidden in Buderim Mall, Queensland, Australia and I never gave it a second glance but today it will be awarded a VT Members Choice.

I have tried Sushi in the past and could take it or leave it. I am not sure if I have ever been in a Japanese restaurant( I may have been just once does Zen sound Japanese?).....but this little pace is only a cafe....does take-a-ways ...and you can be a bit squashed in if you sit near the door.
    How did we get there? Well our friends are well travelled in Asian countries and love Asian food....so
    on a whim after a meeting there were were ordering Japanese in Sakura.
    And the food was yummy....really yummy....the sushi so nice and soft and tasty....so we chose a number of dishes ...all very reasonable in price and all freshly cooked ....

Our friends said the food here was some of the best they have ever tasted

Favorite Dish: I liked their sushi...okonomi yaki....creamy crab coquettes...in fact everythng I tried I liked.

My Private Provence est. 2013: Coffee, Cake, and Gifts

by wise23girl Updated Mar 10, 2015

Well this is a little darling of a place tucked away at the top of town. You will know it by the decor...a white bicycle at the door....wrought iron tables and chairs and with the feel of Provence France as you step inside.
    Some really exciting choices for gifts....while you enjoy coffee and cake.
    And doesn't Emma look gorgeous today....see the black bow in her hair....

I have made a few purchases since discovering My Private Provence....a beautiful water set for my daughter's renovated home...a gold bangle for other daughter for Christmas , and some nice soaps....and now there is a new array of tempting items.

Oh I must tell you the story of the mat...see photo. One customer was so taken with the design of the door mat she persuaded Emma to sell one to her...off the floor mind you....and My Private Provence is really too elegant to sell door mats so now when I arrive I ask "Any mats for sale?"

Favorite Dish: Today I had a gorgeous little cupcake...a real indulgence for me.....so if I have something sweet it better be nice...and it was...see photo

I hate filling in the prices as there is always changes anywhere over time...but the prices are very competitive and the quality superb.

And now Emma is the proud recipient of a VT Members Award for 2015

emma wins an award See the black bow The story of the mat

Le Baroque Restaurant & Tea House: It IS French

by wise23girl Updated Mar 10, 2015

2015...Now opening Sundays for breakfast,morning tea, and lunch

This restaurant was recommended even before it opened by a friend I met at the Treasury Casino. Someone he knew had just "taken it over" and French cuisine was now on the menu.
    Yes I knew where it was...had driven by... so I might never have entered the doors and what a treat I would have missed.

“I live in Australia, I’m French and have a French business – I can show you France on a daily basis to the best of my ability.” said Michael

Le Baroque’s menu is entirely French, and head chef, Michael himself assisted by Chef Pietro,changes it regularly based on the fresh produce available.

“If we have the best tomatoes we must do something with tomatoes, if we have the best meat we put it on.”

Le Baroque is open Tuesday to Sunday for breakfast, coffee/tea, and for lunch and Thursday to Saturday for dinner. The decor is amazing.
    Closed Public Holidays.......as at 2015

The charming tea house is situated in the nearby courtyard. Do not miss it.

To book call 07 5445 3388. Alert...be prepared for a burst of French if Michael answers.

Favorite Dish: Friday night special at le Baroque is Tasmanian salmon and Mooloolaba prawns served with steamed asparagus and a Champagne Beurre blanc sauce…..served with a glass of Rose de Provence for just $40 pp…DessertS from THE cake cabinet are from $4.50…
    Of course from time to time the menu is refreshed but it will still be a delight

And we love the lunch menu as well
    Thursday and Friday Lunch Special:
    Pan roasted Tasmanian Salmon, roast sweet potato, Italian cured
    ham and cauliflower puree

For St Valentines Day 2010 there was a special Table d'Hote menu ,all inclusive beginning with Pink Champagne and canapes and finishing with a Chocolate Lover's plate to share for desert.
    Now coming up 2014.....we go every year

And there was an arrangement of roses for each lady...to take home. Wonderful.

What a nice party we had in 2012 for my granddaughters birthday. Just look at the special cake

And the next day the Virtual Tourist gang were there...again

2015 Le Baroque going strong...two wonderful chefs Michael and Pietro .. delightful .Gaby manages the cafe with Tory and Emma Louise to help.... the restaurant area is especially popular for groups....secluded and private

Parking at rear of building

Breaking news....Le Baroque has been honoured with a VT Members Award 2015

such fun to have a VT award

Ground: RELOCATED

by wise23girl Updated Feb 7, 2015

CLOSED I was told 'ground' has relocated to somewhere in Mooloolaba...Oh Well!

NB....THERE IS A NEW BUSINESS HERE NOW>>>>LOOKS GOOD 2014

We have SO many coffee shops on Buderim it is no easy task to keep up with them all!!

So you might want to read this instead
    You might be interested in reading more on coffee drinking.....

But not to worry we now have My Provence and Ingrids place....more on these coming up

Buderim should be in line for the title of 'Coffee Shop Capital' of the world because I am sure per capita of population we are over serviced. Why there are heaps of coffee shops here I haven't even told you about!
    Now this cosy little place is where the fish and chip shop used to be ....just for a bit of Buderim history. And it is in the area called The Hub as 4 streets meet here and you can access so many places in all directions

YOU CAN FIND GROUND SOMEWHERE AT MOOLOOLABA

Now what I liked about this coffee shop as the focus was on organic..... they used butter rather than margarine and other healthful products. I noticed an interesting breakfast and lunch menu as well. They served raw, organic, and vegan food and used fair trade, local, and organic products.

Soon the premises will be on solar power ....the crockery was recycled and the menu on recycled paper using natural ink...and a young engaged couple owned the business

2013....The very latest is not only a new menu but cow's milk is out and their own macadamia milk and 3 other types are now served...called MYLK....Even in the coffee.....

Actually we sat at the front counter table looking out towards the road and I was spotted by someone from my favourite eating place Le Baroque.

The cafe may not be open Monday and Tuesday

the view of The Hub

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Cafe Devine: new owner....different food.....info coming

by wise23girl Updated Feb 7, 2015

NEW OWNERS NEW NAME DIFFERENT FOOD

I will update after I visit and sample what is on offer.

This is a nice little cafe in the heart of Middy's Complex ...just opposite the State school on Buderim.

All the cooking is in house so you know you are buying nice fresh food.

Favorite Dish: I particularly enjoy the take-a-ways....and they are not fast food..... but the food is different to any where else I have found on Buderim....there are dim sims....potato balls....fried rice...and more. There is also an assortment of sweets .....cakes and tarts.

We had to take a plate to one of the local balls and I was naughty and did not make something myself....rather I took some of the potato balls....and guess what they were all gone before I could get one myself...howzat??

on offer Cafe devine outside tables at home to enjoy

The Shak Organic Cafe & Wine Bar: open most days

by wise23girl Written Feb 7, 2015

Now with all the public holidays and penalty rates cafes around here, if they do open at all on weekends and holidays,charge extra to help cover costs...... but I noticed on Boxing Day not only was The Shak open but also as a belated Christmas present there was no extra charge.

And this is how we came to visit The Shak...it was Sunday morning and we were looking for somewhere to enjoy breakfast......and we were back again the very next week.....Mitch to his credit remembered us as well...good business to remember patrons.

Since then I have been trying to find opening hours for you . It looks as if they are open every day and if you look at the FB page right now it says 'closed now'

In their own words:

The Shak is an organic cafe & wine bar in Buderim, Sunshine Coast. Our vision is to support local farmers & contribute to the wellness of our community!

Favorite Dish: Well if you have a look at my lead photo I would surely recommend this tasty fare for breakfast but it seems I did not even scratch the surface as there is much more on the menu.....

On our first visit we must have arrived just as the doors were open and there was plenty of room....but before we knew it the available places were quickly filled.

nice for breakfast pay here this is Mitch here we are

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Capers Cafe: comfortable chairs and aircon

by wise23girl Updated Feb 4, 2015

This very comfortable cafe has just been redecorated...very stylish it is too. And in summer I just love the air con...not many of our cafes are air conditioned I might add.
    There is also a large table for groups which has come in handy for our family many times.

In fact one year we had an after school party for a birthday and Capers was the only cafe with open doors till 5pm....so we enjoyed the great food, coffee and other drinks.

Other cafes come and go and change owners from time to time but Capers has remained stable for many years and was there right in the heart of town before many of the newer places.....I only know one lot of owners previous .

My friend and I have coffee here from time to time and love to sink into the comfortable arm chairs.

ALERT....Just recently we at lunch at Capers...for the first time and the food was delicious....lamb patties and the kitchen staff were very obliging for our special needs.....and there were take-a-ways as well....just the shot for an evening meal...almost home-cooked.....2015

table come in handy

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

BARE coffee company: not bare at all

by wise23girl Written Sep 6, 2014

We are on Buderim in Queensland, Australia where you will find amazing coffee and some really special tea......worth a trip up to the mountain while you are holidaying on our beautiful coast.

Now one day my bootmaker friend nearby suggested I have a cuppa over "there with Paul" ....so I did.....have been back two more times now.....and though when I am out it is usually a cappuccino I was tempted by the unusual specialty teas on the menu.

So I better fill you in....first the name BARE...I think I heard him (Paul) say if it is 'bare' you can build on it...correct me Paul if need be!.
    Now the Bare coffee company bring in hessian bags of coffee and do whatever they do with coffee to prepare it from the 'bean' state...and they do it themselves...... and so Paul has some seats covered with hessian bags that were previously filled with coffee. He has used a pallet (these wooden tray things are used to move goods around for deliveries) cut in half and held up by crates for one of his tables...
    The end result for the coffee is that it is very good coffee......and there is somewhere quite unusual to sit.

Now is this not all very interesting

Favorite Dish: So now to the teas available...let me tell you about the two varieties I tried.
    First the tea comes from a local Tea Master who lives locally....and there are not many teamasters anywhere Paul told me....very special .
    I tried Chinese Dragon Peaches by Tea Trip....and 3 Flower Burst....and I had this beautiful flower
    open up in my tea glass.
    Now when Paul first brought the tea glass and a brown ball looking thing on the side I did wonder for a moment or two.....but as you will see from the photo a beautiful tea emerged...if that is the right word .....
    And I almost forgot the food....my slice was made by Paul himself and was very nice...not too sweet I am pleased to say.

and to top it all off....FREE WI FI....goody goody......

paul chan take a trip the tea ball the flower opens unusual decor

Cafe Buderim: bright and exciting

by wise23girl Updated Sep 6, 2014

"Good coffee should not be sweet like love but rather taste bitter like death" "....... I read this when I was in Istanbul and drinking their strong bitter coffee....but I do not enjoy bitter coffee........So lucky for me Julie of Cafe Buderim ensures her staff serve delicious smooth good qualitycoffee.
    Sue has owned Cafe Buderim for about a year now methinks.....and the cafe is a delight. It is so bright and friendly and a delicious array of goodies are on display to tempt your palate. There also some gifts that you might find 'just the thing' to take back to your friends.

One really nice feature is the Courtyard...years ago I brought my grandchildren here as it is so great to have room for kids. I noticed some Mum and Dads with prams there today.

The cafe is now open selected Friday nights for a casual dining affair...so make your booking.....the available dates are available in the cafe or you can make a phone call.

And there is free wi-f....bit hard to find around here in my experience

a table to please julie...mine host the courtyard happy customers

• floren106's Profile Photo

Le Baroque: our meeting place

by floren106 Updated Apr 6, 2014

Just up the road. Go nearly every day.

They serve meals & snacks. Open everyday for breakfast, morning tea and lunch... Thursday to Friday and dinner at night. So amazing having meals in the morning with the staff serving the foods being friendly with everyone dining in. Foods are delicious and nutritious that will make you visit the place more often. I could say one of the foods I love to eat is an omelette.

Parking is a little bit tricky at the back. .

• floren106's Profile Photo

My Private Provence est. 2013: Emma will look after you

by floren106 Updated Apr 6, 2014

So relaxing inside the shop... while drinking your cup of coffee, chi latte or tea with sweets and creamy cakes and pastries or biscuites. Staff handling the shop are accommodating and friendly. You can find and buy accessories for birthdays, weddings and other special occasions for reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: I found chi latte is very good

Ingrid's Place....Coffee Shop and Catering: A Little Gem for Coffee

by wise23girl Updated Mar 3, 2014

Now we know Buderim is the place for coffee...you have so many choices...but I have found you a little gem owned by Natasha and Sven Arens where you can relax....enjoy the decor ...and a latte.... and aside from having to make a U turn if you are travelling from Buderim main shopping in Burnett Street parking is easy...from the beach end of town.

The owners are very helpful and friendly....nothing is too much trouble and there is a stady flow of customers.....always a good sign. And most important Sven is a real live chef.

So give Coffee Club next door a miss and enjoy the pleasant surrounds and gentle sea breeze at Ingrid's Place....on Buderim

If you found this review pleasing you might enjoy reading about the history of coffee on Buderim

or
    about amazing coffee in Queensland

Favorite Dish: They made me fresh tomato sandwiches ....and this is not a regular menu item...just a special to please a customer... .and on my first visit I enjoyed a beautiful omelet.

Nice fresh bread rolls are available in the morning and a selection of sweeter items .....not forgetting the breakfast and lunch menu.

In 2014 I found the price very reasonable and remember you are eating freshly prepared food cooked on the premises.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

The Birds and the Beans 'Fill er up': Old servo gets a caffeine hit with unique cafe

by wise23girl Updated May 30, 2013

Buderim...QLD ...Australia

The Birds and the Beans FILL 'ER UP Espresso Bar. "breeding good coffee'

@2013....Won 2nd in Australia for Best Coffee

As you drive into Brisbane from the highway...up Crosby road way.. you will spot the sign 'Vandys Garage' and two petrol bowsers (not in use any more of course)....Yes this is your stop to get a 'kick start' at this historic 'servo' which is now a hip new hangout for a coffee break on Buderim.

Mums with their prams feel comfortable here and 'young bucks' sit around an outside table at certain times of the day....

You can sit inside the darkish interior or outside with the petrol bowsers. The owners said they chose this iconic setting as they wanted a bit of character for their new venture.

The rustic decor includes an eclectic mix of couches, timber tables and chairs and an assortment of board games like Scrabble and backgammon for use by patrons.

The building dates back to around 1918 when it was Buderim's first garage....Perkins then Vandy's

One of our friends told us that his parents used to rent a flat here quite a long time ago, just behind the lattice work which is stiill at the side of the building...the lattice work that is

Favorite Dish: So call in and try the espresso and soak up the atmosphere....Price is less expensive than average but no food is prepared on premises....a biscuit or two though
    Open Monday to Friday
    Saturday till about 12md
    Look on Facebook
    facebook.com/theBirdsandthebeans.EspBarSaturday till about 12md.

Pumping coffee

• oigleman's Profile Photo

Yummy Thai: Good Thai food at a good price!

by oigleman Updated Mar 30, 2010

This is a great eatery known only to the locals. That's because it's a little out of the way from the tourist strip!
    The owners are Thai and the chef has worked in some of the big hotels. He knows his craft and even travels to Brisbane to buy hard to get authentic ingredients
    Everything I have had from the menu is enjoyable and there is no corkage charge if you bring your own wine etc.
    In short it's a nice quiet place to enjoy a peacful meal without interruptions. The staff are helpful but not intrusive and the servings are big enough to warrant the request of a 'doggie bag' so that you can take home what's left if you wish.
    Best to book at weekends, and you can choose inside or outside tables.

Favorite Dish: My absolute favourite is the Red Curry Duck. Delicious! I also like the Crispy fish and the Pad Thai. But can't go past the duck which I order every time. My wife enjoys changing her order each time we go, but I like this dish so much I'd feel I was missing something if I didn't have it.

• PearleChic's Profile Photo

Piccolos: Have a "cuppa" at Piccolos

by PearleChic Updated Jul 16, 2009

Both inside and outside tables available. It is just lovely finding a sunny spot in winter.If you do not fancy a table there are some funky stools. You can watch the passing scene. A cool breeze in summer and they have heaters in the colder months.

Favorite Dish: A cup of coffee with a genuine home made cake. One special thing about the scones...they are proper scones not rubbery. And the jam is home made as well.

Piccolos for coffee
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Buderim

Comments

Buderim Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Buderim restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Buderim sightseeing.