Been here? Rate It!
Lake Placid (and White Water Rafting)
Lake Placid is a tranquil lake and picnic area located on the outskirts of Cairns. The lake is at the end of the Barron Gorge, which is a popular place for white water rafting.
We went to have a look at the lake and sat in the sun for a while eating an ice cream and watching little children play precariously close to the water. There is a café and bar which looked like a nice place for a drink post raft.
My Dad has previously gone on a white water rafting day and was telling us about the experience while we sat by the lake. As if on cue, a raft appeared in the distance, full of exhausted but exhilarated adventurers.
There is more information about the rafting via the web link.
- Adventure Travel
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cairns Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Salt Point State Park Hotels
- Harvey Cedars Hotels
- Shanagolden Hotels
- Cid Island Hotels
- Morro Bay