Caloundra Local Customs

• keida84's Profile Photo

Take Away Candy

by keida84 Written Jun 10, 2005

How thoughtful!!

We were in a little restaurant downtown Caloundra waiting out a rain shower. I walked by the gum and candy machines and noticed these little white paper bags hanging from the body of the machine.

Upon closer inspection I realised that these bags were provided as a courtesy so people can carry their Skittles, M&M's or gum without dropping it or carrying it in your hand and have it melt....although we know with M&M's they melt in your mouth, not in your hand!

• keida84's Profile Photo

Wrapped not Bagged

by keida84 Updated Jun 9, 2005

Wrapped for Take Away

In Australia "fast foods or take out food" is referred to as "take away".

But the manner in which you would "take away" was quite an eye opener for us. Take away foods were wrapped, not bagged! I have never experienced "gift wrapping" of my meal!! We were so surprised by this that we came back to our apartment and took a photograph. It is definitely an "art" as we tried to replicate it and failed miserably!

I think this method should be adopted by all our fast food and take out places in the US.

Instant Answers: Caloundra

Comments

Caloundra Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Caloundra local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Caloundra sightseeing.