Caloundra Shopping

• keida84's Profile Photo

Pelican Waters Shopping Complex: "Local" Stores Away From The Tourist Areas

by keida84 Updated Jun 12, 2005

Pelican Waters Shopping Mall

The Wherehouse: I really like this store, it is a place of over runs, dicontinued items, and close outs. (Just like Pic n Save was for us here in the states.)

They offered the red or black tote bags for 99 cents. I used it to carry my purchases back to Golden Beach.

It was on this trip that I discovered the local bus service because as I was able to make the walk down to the stores I didn't feels so confident about the return trip as I was laden with my purchases (there is also Cole's Grocery Store in the complex) Then as blind luck would have it, just as I was contemplating my long walk back to Golden Beach, up rolls the local bus and for $1.60 AUD I rode in air-conditioned comfort back to the apartment where we were staying.

What to buy: I bought a cheap pair of scissors (the packaging of items today you need to be the "Incredible Hulk" to open things, I also bought a straw hat (a crushable one) the winter sun in these parts is still quite harsh, I also purchased a Harry Potter book, I bought some sunscreen as well and items like cereal bars, chips.

What to pay: The prices for milk, bread, eggs and other necessities were not over priced as they wre in the tourist areas. For 4 full bags of groceries I spent $64.00 USD

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

Red Hot Chilli Pepper: Hottest Place in Town

by pedroswift Written Jan 15, 2013

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!! BUT? what about the chilli lovers of the world??

This store is an unexpected bonus for foodies visiting Caloundra....especially those who love a bit of spice in their lives.

Red Hot Chilli Pepper, as the name suggests, specialises in fine herbs and spices from around the world. They stock retail brands and their own brands as well as gourmet foods, cooking gear and gifts with a spicy look.

You can attend spice blending classes - one for beginners and there is an advanced class as well.

I was attracted by the Guiness Records certificate on the door. It was given to an Australian grown chilli as "the hottest in the world". Read more about it
    more on the hottest chilli grower

What to buy: This is the places for herbs and spices and the apparatus with which to prepare and cook spicy meals.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Bulcock St Market: SUNDAY MARKET

by stevemt Updated Jun 28, 2008

This is a sunday market in the main st of Caloundra.

Its great fun, there is a huge variety of stalls selling local arts and crafts, the usual food stalls, fresh produce, clothing galore and many other things as well.

Well worth a stroll.

open 8am to 1pm.

As a bonus, all the normal shops, cafe's & restaurants are open as well.

What to buy: Look, for anything that appeals

• a60's Profile Photo

Main street of Caloundra

by a60 Written Apr 14, 2007

The main street of Caloundra is a great way to spend an afternoon. This town still has the charm of old, i.e. high rises and massive chain stores do not dominate this area. Giant trees line this street and at night they are full of tiny lights. There are numerous coffee shops along here as well as clothing shops, accessory shop, 2nd handbook shops, art and craft shop, pub etc. Luckily this part of the North Coast is still like a sleep town. I hope it stays this way.

What to buy: souvenirs, clothing, books

What to pay: average prices

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Caloundra

Comments

Caloundra Shopping

Reviews and photos of Caloundra shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Caloundra sightseeing.