Caloundra Things to Do

plenty of space for fishing
    by pedroswift
    boardwalk - check out the trees
    muscle trim time

Most Recent Things to Do in Caloundra

Golden Beach

by a60 Written Apr 14, 2007

This is not a surfing beach - it is part of Pumicestone Passage and the water is calm. It faces the tip of Bribie Island and you can swim, hire boats, sailboards etc. There are many boats in this area, fishing, skiing etc. It is a very peaceful place and one where you can relax.

• School Holidays

Bulcock Beach

by a60 Written Apr 14, 2007

Don't go here expecting to surf. This is the quite part of Caloundra just down from the Caloundra bar and opposite Bribie Island. Many families come here - perfect for children to go swimming. There are always a lot of boats in this area - a good fishing area. Trees and picnic tables are everywere and there are restaurants and take-a-way shops all over. There is a lovely board walk which takes you all the way up to the next beach - Kings Beach. It is a particularly lovely walk at night seeing the moon and stars reflected on the ocean and if you are here on New Years Eve Kings Beach has fireworks over the ocean.

• School Holidays

Lake Currumundi

by a60 Written Apr 14, 2007

Lake Currumundi is the perfect place to relax and unwind. The lake is perfect for swimming, particularly with small children. If a sedate swim isn't for you, then walk to the beach (2 mins) and you will be at the patrolled surf beach. Take your fishing rod and have a go at fishing. Large trees line the foreshores of the lake so take advantage of the picnic tables and have a picnic - great fish and chips at the shop there. Finish the day watching the sunset over the lake.

• Seniors

Dicky Beach - Fun in the Sun

by a60 Written Sep 15, 2006

Dickey Beach is the perfect destinatin for a great day. Start the day off with a swim next to the wreck of the SS Dicky. While you are relaxing in the sun the kids can go to the skate park near the car park, overlooking the beach or if they are interested you can organise surfing lessons for them. (Ann Street Dicky Beach is always in the surfing reports). There are great take-a-ways across the street. Go for a long walk in the afternoon up to Lake Currumundi. Walking in the other direction takes you to Moffat Headland which is great to explore and fish from. If you are here in September there is a good chance you may see whales. Finish the day with a great meal at the Lifesavers club house.

• Beaches
    • Surfing

• keida84's Profile Photo

Facials: One body and two "faces"

by keida84 Updated Jul 10, 2005

Get your

I enjoy Day Spas and whenever I travel I always like to make sure I get a massage or facial. I had a facial at "Aquarius Massage & Body Treatments Center." I must say that the ladies who run this Day Spa were quite accomodating for a short notice visit.

But what I really want to tell you about is a service they offer, and this is NO joke! They offer "butt facials" I saw this on the wall, I kid you not! I repressed the urge to bust out laughing because I wanted to know if this was for real?!

I asked the esthetician if in fact "butt facials" were popular. She said, "Oh yes, matter of fact I have one right after you" and she was serious, too!

Okay, I have heard it all, Butt facials, why would anyone in the world want a butt facial? I suppose if you were wearing a thong. Or then again it cuold be for those folks that have their head up their A**.

Everytime I think about it I ROFLMAO!

• Spa and Resort

Internet at the Beach

Internet anyone?

Here is a recommendation for an Internet Cafe that sits across from the beach. It is called "Shore Works Giftware and Internet Cafe".

They are open from 9:30am and close at 8:30pm. There are several computers for use and the price is $2.00 AUD for 15 minutes of use.

Smart idea this guy had putting the internet cafe in his gift shop, there were 2 women waiting for their husbands to finish using the web, so they did some shopping while they waited. Pretty clever, eh?

Sun Coast Tours

To Market, To Market

I wanted to get out and see the sights while my husband relaxed with his book out on the balcony/patio. I had heard about the Eumundi Market while I was researching this trip. I found out that Suncoast Tours offered a trip, for $20.00 AUD I was "chauffered" along with 4 other couples in a van which took us to the marketplace.

The van had door to door service and came right to the front of the hotel's front doors. Our driver, Steve had lots of good information about the local areas we were passing through on our way to the market. Upon our arrival, he gave us a coupon for either a free coffee or a beer.

We agreed to meet up with him in a couple of hours. Then he drove us back via the way of a quaint little town called "Mooloolaba". I made mental note to come and visit this community.

Suncoast Day Tours offers a variety of tours: Wild Dolphin Feeding, Afternoon wine tasting, Shopping and sightseeing, Monteville and the Eumundi Marketplace.

Caloundra Cruises

by keida84 Updated Jun 9, 2005

Caloundra Sunset

We took the Caloundra Cruise and as luck would have it, the night we took this trip was the last cruise of the season, Australia's winter started the next day.

There are several tours Caloundra Cruises offers. A daytime tour departs from Pelican Waters Tavern or try the departures from the Maloja pier. Each area offers two different times, morning or afternoon.

We opted for the sunset cruise. This sixty minute cruise takes you through the embayment. You are offered a glass of wine or a beer. The latter which my husband spilled all over the back of the boat!

How beautiful the water is and the sunset was just gorgeous.

The tours operate on a seasonal basis so check with them to see if the cruise you are interested in is in fact, running.

The cost was $20.00 AUD

• Cruise
    • National/State Park

The Caloundra Beaches

Bulcock Boardwalk

There are many terrific beaches to visit along the area of the pumice stone passage and Bribie Island.

Golden Beach: A sheltered beach protected by the pumice stone passage.

Bulcock Beach: Is know for it's fishing spots

Kings Beach: Good Surfing and popular with families

Shelley Beach: Great for walking

Moffat Beach: Awesome views of the area

Dicky Beach: Very popular beach. There is a ship wreck on its shores

Currimundi Beach: Has a lake inside the park. Good surfing as well.

Wurtulla Beach: Long, unpatrolled beach

Kawana Beach: Excellent surf and views

All of these beaches offer something for everyone.

• Beaches
    • Eco-Tourism

Magic Bus, Magic Bus

Meet me in the back of the Blue Bus

The songs from the "Who" and the "Doors" popped into my head everytime I saw the Blue Bus.

If you are too tired to walk, or the place you want to go is too far then I highly recommend SunBus. We were able to board the bus up the corner from our hotel. I never did get the fares straight because it seemed to change with every different driver.

However, we rode the bus one day up to Mooloolaba and the shopping centre in Kawana.

Buses will run late in some areas but in Caloundra they only ran ubtil 6:00pm or 1800.

The fares were reasonable and it was an inexpensive way to get around and see the sights. (we did not want to rent a car as driving on the opposite side of the road just didn't mesh with our brains).

Make sure you check the schedule careful due to route changes, seasonal changes or holiday schedule changes.

Instant Answers: Caloundra

Comments

Caloundra Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Caloundra things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Caloundra sightseeing.