You could snorkelling or diving around the Outer Barrier Reef from Dunk Island (after around 60min cruise).
Place to snorkel/dive:
- Beaver Cay Marine Sanctuary
- Wreck dive possibility: The Lady Bowen lies in 34 metres and has become a reef in itself hosting magnificent coral formations and awesome marine life. Dive destinations for advanced or experienced divers.
- Money or Credit Card for Scuba Diving
- Scuba/snorkel equipment (or rent it)
- Diving certification card /Log book
- Your good mood ;-)
Dunk Island owns the only 18 hole island golf course in Australia. Open since July 2003.
As a National Park within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Dunk Island's golf course had to meet stringent environmental guidelines. This golfing course makes clever use of topography and was created without major earthworks or extensive planting of imported grasses.
During your game you will be rewarded by spectacular Coral Sea and Island views. A good excuse in case of bad shoot ;-)
A round of golf on Dunk Island will cost $30.00 for eighteen holes or $15.00 for nine holes. Dunk Island is carrying a good range of golf clubs for hire at $10.00 per round. Golf balls are available for purchase.
Targetting species available for dinner, fun or trophy:
Northern Bluefin & Yellowfin Tuna
Dunk Island has a large 18 hole golf course just located near the airstrip. All equipment can be hired from Voyages resort on Dunk Island.
The sports activity shop for information can be located just near the ferry wharf.