Eumundi Things to Do

The Entrance to Eumandi Market
  • Entertaining the Crowd with an Eclectic Music
    Entertaining the Crowd with an Eclectic...
    Up and Down, Up and Down

Most Recent Things to Do in Eumundi

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Go Dancing

by wise23girl Written Oct 8, 2013

There is a Dance Studio right on your doorstep in Eumundi but long ago I wrote it under Yandina...all these places are close to each other so if you are interested follow this link.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

EUMUNDI MARKETS

by balhannah Updated Sep 1, 2013

Fun at the Markets

Just over and hours drive from Brisbane, and 15mins from Noosa on the Sunshine Coast, is the town of Eumundi and its famous markets.

The Eumundi Market is extremely popular, with people coming far and wide to visit.
    Stalls sell local high quality Australian made goods, local produce, unique creations of arts and crafts as well as delicious foodstuffs. There are different food carts for when you are feeling peckish!

Entertainers perform music, country tunes or tribal rhythms, there is bush poetry, street theatre, buskers, ......so its not all about buying!

Over 600 stalls operate every .......
    Wednesday 8 - 1.30pm
    Saturday 7 - 2pm

The Eumundi Markets are held in the centre of town on Memorial Drive. The main car-park is on the corner of Albert Street and Napier Road.

Train Services operate from Brisbane Central & Roma Street to Nambour then transfer to a connecting bus for Eumundi.

The Website has more details on transport if you haven't a car.

You see the oddest things on Market Day

by al2401 Written Oct 3, 2012

Oom Pa Pa

I parked the car and headed to the markets and the first thing I heard was Oom Pa Pa, Oom Pa Pa - sure enough there was a guy playing a euphonium accompanied by a gal playing a squeeze-box!

Then I wandered up to the main street only to come face to face with a Red Indian - although he was rather white - especially his beard! He was acting as Crossing Guard for folk wanting to cross the road.

Then I went back down into the markets. I heard squeals of "Oooo" and "Yuck" and "Ooh Yuck it's moving". What was moving? It was a gorgeous carpet python in the hands of two young girls. There was a stall set up under the banner of wildlife protection offering photos of oneself with said snake - for a small fee! I got great pics of the snake for free!

• tropicrd's Profile Photo

Stroll down Eumundi's main Street

by tropicrd Written Oct 2, 2012

A relaxing stroll down Eumundi's main street

I had the time to take a stroll down the main street Memorial Drive at Eumundi, the trees offer you shade on one side of the street and shop awnings offer you shade on the other side.Lots of limited parking but be aware they have parking inspectors so you may get a fine if you park longer that the allocated time.

If you park further up and stroll down the sloped main street then you will have plenty of time to explore the township without worrying about your car.

Some of the photo's I took are with VA's (virtual attendees) who were with me at a VT meeting in Mooloolaba. (This is another story but you can check in with VT and they will explain what a VA is)

I liked Eumundi and it surprised me how much there is to explore in such a small township.

• Hiking and Walking

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Visit Eumundi WWII Memorial Trees

by wise23girl Written Oct 2, 2012

To the Memory of

In Eumundi's main street , Memorial Drive, there is a heritage-listed row of war memorial trees (1914-18) in the vicinity of the School of Arts. A memorial plaque is situated at the base of these trees.

You might be interested in viewing photos of these fascinating plaques and treesJust follow this link

A few years ago there was quite an upset in the town as the markets were seen to be intruding on this very special memorial

Explore the town

by al2401 Updated Oct 1, 2012

Eumundi Post Office

Like all small country towns in Australia Eumundi has some of its original buildings - although not necessarily being used for their original purpose.

The Post Office is still a post office and the School of Arts is still a Community Hall. The church is now a museum and a bank is now a gallery.

The pubs are still pubs and get great custom on market days.

The town really bustles on market days - Wednesday and Saturday - but it is good to visit on other days when you can get a parking space and avoid crowds. OK, there ar no markets but you can enjoy the galleries and boutique shops in the main street and still get a great meal at either of the pubs and the cafes.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo

Market day at Eumundi

by tropicrd Written Oct 1, 2012

Market day at Eumundi

One of the best markets I have been to simply because most of the stalls had products 'made in Australia' I am always on the look out for locally made and produced art and craft.I was very pleased with the high quality and it demonstrated the pride of workmanship.

What ever you do if you are visiting the Sunshine Coast go to this market,it is really the best of the best.

Eumundi Markets

by al2401 Updated Sep 8, 2012

Eumundi Markets

The first market in Eumundi was in 1979. It had three stalls eight customers and a turnover of $30!

After a year of trading the market gained a reputation for great produce and friendliness.

By 2002 there were over 250 stalls and the markets now operated on a Wednesday.

The markets are known worldwide and are very popular with visitors for that unique Aussie gift!

There are an increasing number or musicians and performers as well as numerous international food outlets from Dim Sum to Paella.

The market hours are - Sat 6:30am - 2:30pm and Wed 8:30am - 1:30pm.

The Kids Will Love The Playground

by Aidy_p Updated Jul 31, 2012

Up and Down, Up and Down

There's really so much for the kids to do at this particular playground. Situated in a cosy corner of the Eumundi market, the playground prides itself with a see-saw, swings, a merry-go-round, rocking animal-shaped rides, and even a wooden train where the child can be the train driver.

The trees provide the playground with ample shade and it is also a good in-between break for us parents after being pestered by our kids as they found that checking out the market is no more exciting than eating vegetables!

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Eumundi Market: Sausage Time!

by Aidy_p Updated Jul 31, 2012

It's a $6 Sausage

The first thing when we walked around Eumundi Market was to follow our noses, and our noses led us to this stall that sells sausages.

Here's something that caught my attention. The sausages come in three flavour - Traditional, Mild Wood and Spicy Wood. Are these just interesting nams to attract my attnetion. Indeed other than the smell, the name was pretty attractive too. As I asked the question, I was also stalling time while I sneaked into my mouth, free-tasting sausages.

The seller was patient with me as she told me that wood means that it's been cooked traditionally by fire and not by a machine.

I ordered one traditional for my children and one spicy. Though it's $6 a fix, I'd never regretted that purchase.

Eumundi Market: What's A Market Without Music

by Aidy_p Updated Jul 25, 2012

Entertaining the Crowd with an Eclectic Music

You can have beers and sausages, and even with Chinese food that you can buy from the market. But what are all these without music.

The 'piped piper' of Eumundi Market really brought in the crowd. It added life to the market. At the same time, the musician was also selling his CDs. Love the music!

Eumundi Market: Fresh Produce

by Aidy_p Written Jul 25, 2012

The Sweetest box of Strawberries.

I've always been very careful of buying strawberries after my experience in China where the vendor had actually swapped a box of nicely riped strawberries with a box full of spoilt ones.

But my experiences of buying strawberries in Australia have been great. Even the strawberries of those who have set up temporary stalls to ell their fresh produce are incredibly fresh and juicy.

Totally enjoyed the strawberries!

Eumundi Market: Face Painting For Your Kids

by Aidy_p Written Jul 25, 2012

Jodi's Little Signage!

We walked up and down the lane, but Jodi the face painter, was still not back from her break. All in, we waited about 10 minutes and I told the kids that we would not wait much longer as we still had quite a few places that we needed to explore.

Lo and behold, Jodi did finally made her appearance. You see, Jodi has been painting faces since 1989 and she has a very sweet personality and a great way of handling kids. She really listens to what the kids were asking for.

Her face-painting skills were very good - very steady and skilful.

Take Your Time at Eumundi Market

by Aidy_p Updated Jul 22, 2012

The Entrance to Eumandi Market

This is a special market that I've visited once in the 90s. I have the opportunity to visit the Eumundi market once again. It took me more than an hour to get to Eumundi from Brisbane. Also, I have to wait to Wednesday before I could visit the market.

This was so because the Eumundi market is only opened on Wednesday (8am to 1.30pm) and Saturday (7am to 2pm). So, I was happy to be able to visit the market once again. A decision that I have not regret once again.

• S_Adams's Profile Photo

Great craft market

by S_Adams Written Nov 8, 2007

Everyone goes to Noosa, but I prefer Eumundi. It's just Just inland from Noosa and is set in the most beautiful rolilng countryside. Every weekend the town also hosts one of the best craft markets in Australia and suddenly this sleepy little village is packed with tourists!

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Eumundi

Comments

Eumundi Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Eumundi things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Eumundi sightseeing.