Theme Parks., Gold Coast

Batman
  • Dazzz2014's Profile Photo

Sea World » Millionaires fun park

by Dazzz2014 Written Jan 2, 2014

I have been going to Seaworld on and off for the last 30 years. I decided to go there this holiday season to see how the place had changed.

Sadly, going to Seaworld has become so expensive it is barely worth going.

The animal enclosures are very good. Mind you I was only able to watch one show as waiting in ques takes up much of your time. The Dolphin show that I saw was good.

I went on the newest ride, Storm. I waited in line for an hour for a two minute ride. A little boy on the ride said it was a rip off and he was not joking!

We had swimmers and towels ready to use at the park's water park but discovered it costs an extra $10 to use this facility. Considering you have already spent a fortune to get in this is disgusting. Other people were walking past this part of the park refusing to pay the entry. This part of the park used to be included in the entry fee.

There is a really cool section where you can snorkel on a Reef in one of the pools but it costs $59.99 to go in, so again that is a no go unless you have money to burn.

You can feed stingrays but again you have to pay an extra $10.00. Food is super expensive at Seaworld so bring your own food and drink (especially drink).

It costs $89.99 for a one day Adult entry and $69.00 for children. Unless you are a very wealthy person it is not going to be a very fun day.This is not the place to go unless you live local and can afford an annual pass (which is around $100.PER PERSON!). If you do go there get there by 9am or you are wasting your money.

It is very sad how this park has changed, too expensive crowded and only good if you're rich.

AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK SPECTACULAR

by balhannah Updated Apr 3, 2013

This is a very enjoyable nights entertainment that includes a 3 course dinner, drinks and show.
    I haven't been to see the latest show, which is "Spirit of the Horse," a tribute to our famous Racehorse named "Phar Lap," who raced in the olden days and was a favorite of most Aussies. We went to the previous show.

The venue is located just before Movie World. Early arrival by car, and not a problem finding FREE CARPARK. Public transport will also bring you here. Once the doors opened, you either pay for tickets, all show your pre-purchased ones that we had. As we were early, we stood around inside and listened to the Country Band.. You could buy drinks, and pick up your FREE COWBOY HAT, only I am not sure if you still get a free hat.

Getting near showtime, we were let into the main arena where the show is held. It's set out to look like an Australian landscape with Australian natives and scenic backdrops, even some old corrugated iron roofing. A billabong and wagon wheel light fittings complement the scene.

The orchestral style music, along with country blue/grass music is great. Right from the beginning, there is action, don't dare take your eyes off the arena! Sorry, you will have to, as during the show, the yummy 3 course Aussie BBQ dinner is served. The appetizer is a Queensland salad mixed with tangy mango dressing and rolled in a flat bread swag. The Main course is barbecued tenderloin beef steak with gravy, Kakadu plum sauce and served with garden vegetables. Last and not least, is a delicious Pavlova with Queensland berries and country cream. You can try Bush Billy Tea, Beer, Wine or Soft Drinks throughout the show, all included in the price. Excellent!

We enjoyed the show and the food, but I think if you are not an Australian, you would enjoy it even more!

SHOWS ARE NIGHTLY AT 7.30PM
    TICKETS START FROM ....
    ADULTS... $79.99

MOVIE WORLD

by balhannah Updated Mar 26, 2013

Movie World

Warner Bros. Movie World, KNOWN as "Movie World," is a movie related theme park on the Gold Coast, owned and operated by Village Roadshow.
    Attached to the Theme Park is where actual movies are made. More recent movies have been "The Chronicles of Narnia, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Scooby-Doo and House of Wax and Ghost Ship. TV productions are made here too, including the Lost World series.

This was a return visit for me. I found there no longer is an attraction where you can go and see what happens when a movie is being made. Now, I would say it is more for children and the young at heart who enjoy roller coasters and other entertainment. There are shows to see, Restaurants and food outlets and shops for souvenirs. Food is fairly expensive. At 3pm, the street parade is held, this is when you see all the characters at once.

2013 GENERAL ADULT ADMISSION.....$84.99
    CHILD 3-13 YEARS OLD....................... .$49.99
    PENSIONER......................................... ..$49.99
    THESE PRICES ALLOW ENTRY FOR ONE DAY ONLY

I suggest if you are staying in the Gold Coast area, to buy the VIP pass, which includes unlimited entry to Movie World, Sea World and Wet & wild, IT IS VERY GOOD VALUE!

GATES OPEN AT 9.30 AM .....RIDES 10AM
    THE PARK CLOSES AT 5PM.
    A park guide is given to you at the Ticket Booth with a slip of paper inside telling the times of the shows - Don't lose this!

Disabled people can come and enjoy the Park as there are facilities including car parking, toilets and ramps. - Wheelchairs can be hired.
    MUMS - Stroller hire
    Electronic Lockers
    ATM'S in the Park

Even though the price is quite expensive, if you work out that most rides these days cost from $15 - $20 per ride, you will find you have your money back in no time. Go at opening time and leave at closing time, have as many rides as you want!

MOVIE WORLD FOR CHILDREN

by balhannah Written Mar 26, 2013

This is one of the main reasons to come to Movie World - To enjoy some hair raising rides.
    What is good here, is there is a childrens area, where children over a certain height [measure there] CAN go on junior roller coasters and other rides, just like the adults do on the full size ones.
    Please check out the web link to see if your child will be able to go on these rides. It gives the needed height of the child to be able to participate.
    The Carousel is great, it has all the Disneyland characters that the children can sit on. If it is hot, there is a wet area, and if the small children want to practice their driving skills, there are some small cars they can drive around a race track. Plenty of choices to keep them amused, and plenty of smiling faces.

ALL INCLUDED IN THE PRICE!

Also, roaming around the park, are Tweety Pie, Sylvester, Daffy Duck and a few other characters who you can have your photo taken with. You can use your camera, or buy one of the professional photos.
    Plenty of men were queueing for a photo with Marlilyn Monroe!

CHILDREN'S SHOWS AT MOVIE WORLD

by balhannah Written Mar 25, 2013

Batman

As we were making our way to the Stunt driver show, another show was happening at the end of the Hollywood main street. The shows I saw here looked to be mainly for children. The first show had Tweety Pie and Sylvester the cat acting, singing and dancing.

Later in the day, the show was "BATMAN - Shadows of Gotham"
    When Gotham City falls under the threat of the Scarecrow, BATMAN comes to save the day. Expect to see the Batman car, action packed fights, with Batman winning of course!
    SHOW AT 1pm.

SHOWS AT MOVIE WORLD

by balhannah Written Mar 25, 2013

Hollywood stunt driver

After entering Movie World, it was time to look at the list to see what time the shows were on.
    The Hollywood Stunt Driver was at 11am, so we made our way to the entrance and into the stand, by this time, 10.45am, it was nearly full.
    This was a different show to what I'd previously seen, so I was really looking forward to it. The camera crew were at the front of the audience, winding them up for the show. There is a movie set and a big screen so you don't miss any of the action.
    Right on 11am the show began, action right from the beginning. I hope you like the smell of burning rubber as there is plenty of this!
    What we are seeing, is the making of a Hollywood action film. Expect comedy, incredible stunts, precision driving and hair-raising action right before your very eyes. By the noise from the crowd, I think the majority enjoyed this show, I know my husband and I did.

INCLUDED IN THE ENTRY PRICE

Entrance opens approx. 30 min before show time.
    SHOWS....11:00AM and 1:50PM

The other show is a WESTERN - "Town Show Down"
    Here you see the Sheriff and Black Bart in action in a wild west town. Expect action, gun shots, a brawl and more.
    I didn't think this was much, but once again, IT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE.
    Children would probably love it!

SHOW TIME IN THE WESTERN VILLAGE.....12:15PM

SEA WORLD

by balhannah Updated Mar 3, 2013

Seaworld

Sea World is a Theme Park located on Seaworld Drive at Main Beach, just three kilometres north of Surfers Paradise.

There is heaps of FREE PARKING and it is easy to reach by Public Bus.
    It is very popular, so expect queues. It is quite expensive, so I suggest being here at opening time so that you can make the most of your day.
    I also bring my own food and drink [which they don't like]. I have it in my bag so it can't be seen. Why I do this, is because Seaworld food and drink is triple the usual price!

I love Seaworld because of the Mammals, Animals & Birds that I see here. I can feel the sea cucumber and the star fish, and watch the sharks and the tropical fish swimming. All the shows are excellent and worth seeing.
    Rides are not just for the children, but for the Adults too, and there is a water area for swimming and fun slides.
    A monorail, a Gondola and a Train will take you around the park to give your feet a rest.
    There are plenty of seats, and the usual souvenir outlets.

It's a great day out, and although expensive, you have to remember that you can go on any of the rides as much as you want, the shows are included in the prices, so in comparison to what you would pay singularly, it is very good value.

DIFFERENT PASSES ARE AVAILABLE, so have a look at what suits you on the website.

In 2012, a single day pass for an ......
    Adult ..................$79.99
    Child 3 - 13years $49.99

Sometimes, they have excellent specials that include staying at the Seaworld Hotel and entry to Seaworld Theme Park.

• Aquarium

• Wet and Wild

by brooksey45 Written Jan 10, 2013

I attended the Wet & Wild park today and as expected at this time of year it was very crowded. What was unexpected was that after paying my entry fee and waiting patiently in line to go an rides, a stream of smug toffs 'jumped the queue'. At the Kamikaze I waited in a qeueue for 50 minutes with my son. He asked why there was a constant flow of people pushing in. Whilst my son barely had time to do three of the big rides all day these people went through the Kamikaze mutiple times. On invesigating there was a big sign just inside the entrance triumphantly announcing that for an extra fee you can "..jump the queue". This is an insult to paying patrons who wait patiently in line and a mockery to any sense of decency and fairness. I asked at the office and was told that people only go through each ride once. That is a lie. Several people went through Kamikaze more than once between 11 am and 12 noon today when I was queued. I dont begrudge the cost of a ticket, but I do not expect to be treated like a second class citizen whilst self important toffs can pay a fee to thumb their nose at me and other normal blokes with their families as they sail past me in a sweltering queue. I could afford the feee but could not look my sone in the eye whilst treaing all the peole who queue patiently like dirt. I have never seen this before and to me it is un Australian. Once in the gate we should all share the same experience. Do yourself a favour and go somewhere you and your kids will be treated fairly.

FUN FOR CHILDREN @ SEAWORLD

by balhannah Written Sep 11, 2012

Seaworld

Children just love SeaWorld!

ALL the rides are included in the entry price so you can go on them as often as you want!
    Some of them have a height limit for safety, so smallish children can't go on them, don't worry, there still is plenty for them to do. Not only rides, but childrens show to watch, all top class entertainment.
    There are animal shows and a touch pool, where anybody can pick up sea-creatures and have a feel.

It's a wonderful days outing.

I would suggest bringing your own food [your not meant to], so have it hidden. SeaWorld food prices are extremely high, and it would cost a fortune to feed a family.

SEA WORLD'S POLAR BEAR SHORES

by balhannah Written Sep 11, 2012

Seaworld Polar Bear

Sea World is the only place in Australia where you will see Polar Bears.
    Queensland has a warm to hot climate, so the Polar Bears are in a special exhibit so they can cope with the heat.

Sea World's Polar Bear Shores has on display, two orphaned Polar bear cubs. "Hudson and Nelson," were orphaned and found in the wilds of Canada. Seaworld brought them to Australia in 2004.

The Bears are made feel at home by living in a tundra environment, which has a cascading waterfall and a winding creek, a large deep main pool for them to dive into, an array of climbing outcrops, fallen trees, shrubs and other structures positioned to stimulate the Bears.
    Here, I also had a chance to see the Bears swimming under water through one of the large viewing windows.
    The day I was there, one was asleep, and the other was playing with some toys, and then went out the back to his pen.

What I noticed, is the Bears have taken on the colour of the woodchip they lie on. Their usual colour is cream, not the tanned colour like when I saw them.

It's another well done exhibit!

PENGUINS AT SEA-WORLD

by balhannah Updated Sep 11, 2012

Seaworld King Penguins

One of the new Animal exhibits at Sea World, is " amazing frozen world of Penguin Encounter."

It is a fantastic exhibit, which started when I walked through a corridor with Penguin photos on either side. Next, was all the information that I needed to know about the Penguins.
    Walking a fraction further, was a glass window where I stood and watched the the Penguins swimming underneath the water. I was lucky, as it was feed time, the Penguins were very active.

Upstairs I walked, and it was wow! The top area is amazing. Here, I was looking at the top of the water, which is surrounded by painted mountains that make it look so real!

The Penguins here are the world’s second largest penguin species, the King penguin, as well as the agile Gentoo penguin, with its distinctive bright red bill and long tail.
    They are so cute and very inquisitive, coming right up to the window to look at their human audience. They were being fed, so I had a good close up view.
    This is about the only chance of seeing these Penguins in Australia, and now, one has just had a baby Penguin.

It is included in the Sea World entry price.

SEA WORLD IS OPEN FROM ...10am - 5pm
    ADULTS...$79.99

A VIP PASS IS $99.99 ...............
    UNLIMITED entry to Movie World, Sea World and Wet’n’Wild until 30 June 2013

SEA WORLD - SPONGE BOB PARADE

by balhannah Written Aug 22, 2012

Sponge Bob show

As I don't live that far away from Seaworld, I come here every few years to see what has changed.
    They do alter the park, and create new shows so that it doesn't become stale. A good idea!

So let me tell you what was new for children on my last visit.

It was the "Nickelodeon Spongebob Parade Pants," a really entertaining show for the children. Bright and colourful, singing and dancing, lots of floats, and out on the water, "fish" driving the Boats, golly they looked so funny!
    My grandson loved this show, and by the laughs and noise coming from the crowd sitting in the stand, I think they did too!

Don't miss if you have children!

Movie World: Roller Coaster Ride

by Aidy_p Written Aug 7, 2012
    Live Another Day...On the Roller Coaster

It was at the end of the day and since it was winter, everything was dark as coal from 5.15pm onwards. My family tok our time to leave the park as we still had our ice cream on hand.

The roller coaster is one ride that I'd love to try, but would not try now because as age catches up, my body can no longer take these kind of stresses.

For those of you who are in your teens and yound adults, give it all you've got! Go for the roller coaster ride!

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Movie World: It's All About the Ice Cream!

by Aidy_p Updated Aug 7, 2012

Last Minute Ice Cream Purchase

My friends from the tropics always asked me, "Why do you guys eat ice cream in the heart of winter?" Well, if you've eaten ice cream in winter, you would have realised that it actually forces your body to keep warm.

So before we left the park, my family made a beeline for Ben & Jerrys.

Interestingly, this is Queensland very first Ben & Jerry's outlet and it's located in Movie World. Can you believe that? It should be dotting the entire Queensland because it's really good ice cream.

Movie World: Children's Corner

by Aidy_p Written Aug 7, 2012
    Crazy Taxi Drivers!

I'd call it a children's corner as all the rides are sited in a far flng corner of the park. The good thing though, is that all the kiddy rides are situated together. So they kids need not walk to far to get to their next ride.

My kids loved the Tijuana Taxi ride. It was pretty much "you control how you wanna steer" kind of situation. There's no guide rail below the cars, but roller wheels on the side to provide for more independent steering. There was also the Sylvester & Tweety cages ride, bumper cars and exciting elevated ride.

Instant Answers: Gold Coast