Theme Parks., Gold Coast

Batman

Movie World: All Star Parade

by Aidy_p Updated Aug 7, 2012
    Yoohoo...Batman!

Hello! Cat Woman I'm here!!! I'm quite sure the sexiest of all characters took a glance at me! Ok now, let's not get disctracted.

I'd expected to see the various Warner Bros super heros but a moving bat mobile really took the cake! Other characters included Scooby Doo and gang, Superman, Flash Gordon, Wonderwoman, tweety bird and many more.

If the Main Street gets too crowded, just hang around the road and you sould be able to catch the attention of the cast members.

The All Star Parade happens at 3:30pm daily and is actually the finale that signals to you that the park is about to close.

Movie World: Where Characters Come Alive

by Aidy_p Written Aug 6, 2012
    She's Got The Whole World in Her Hands!

The children were all ready to hit the ground running. But in truth, Movie World when compared to Disneyland, pales in comparison in terms of the vastness of the place, the rides and also activities for children.

There were interesting rides fo adults but barely enough fun rides for the children. Also, the amusement park closes at 5pm. Which other amusement park in the world would even dare think of closing at such an early time.

Sea World: Viking Ride

by Aidy_p Updated Aug 2, 2012

Excitedly Waiting for the Steep Descent

What I deemed crazy was when we chose to go for a water ride deep in the heart of in the heart of winter.

I'd asked my daughter if she'd be interested to try the Viking Revenge Flume Ride. I was quite sure that father and daughter would not have to do that because my girl is afraid of these type of ride. But totally out of the blue, she said yes to my invite. Really?

Since we were already here at Sea World, we might as well do it! She was brave to the point of brazen as she chose to ake the front! Wow! At the end, it was well worth the ride.

Sea World: Dolphin Show

by Aidy_p Updated Aug 2, 2012
    High Jumping Dolphin!

This was the very first show that we caught when we visited Sea World the second time in our trip. This trip was made just before we moved out of Gold Coast towards Brisbane.

I love the gracefulness of the dolphins and the way the animals are so gentle to their human partners.

Sea World: Clever Animals

by Aidy_p Written Aug 2, 2012
    The Smart ol Sea Lion

We set out to visit Sea World on the first day of our holiday. I'd wanted to take it slow since my wife and I had two kids in tow. We did not want them to be tired out, and that would have meant that we'd got to deal with two potential cranky kids.

So by the time we reached Sea World, it was already about 3pm. We took the map and checked out the performance timing. The one that came closest to our schedule was the Sea Lion show - First Detective Show. The Sea Lions, acting as police officers, were sent out to solve an environmental crime.

We took the third row as we were early. The tough part of that the low-hanging sun was piercing our skin! Still, the programme was interesting!

• Best Value Theme Park Pass

by artizan001 Written Jul 7, 2011

Have just started a trip around Australia and recently visited the gold Coast Theme Parks. I purchased a single entry ticket to Sea World for $79 and then found out that I could of purchased the VIP pass for $119 which includes unlimited entry to Sea World, Movie World and Wet n Wild through my hotel. I also found this deal through a website called Experience Oz

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

SEAWORLD, WE VISITED THIS THREE TIMES!

by AusPinay Updated Apr 4, 2011

Seaworld is the ultimate entertainment venue for our family of four when the kids were younger. We visited three times in the first 10 years of our marriage!

We love marine animals so it is perfect for us and the boys- Dave & Thomas love the thrill of rides so we enjoyed our every visit here. In fact, it is the bersttheme park for us compared to Movieworld or Wet & Wild or even Dreamworld. Our favourite is always the dolphin shows, then the waterskiing show/exhibit plus the ever gorgeous penguin exhibit!

The rides are also family-oriented so we tried to have everyone riding all together except for the tricky ones.

Sea World

by robertgaz Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bermuda Triangle water slide!!!

Sea World is a theme park for the whole family with marine life attractions, wild rides and entertaining shows.

Sea World is also committed to educating visitors and playing an active role in Australian marine research and rescue.

Shark Bay is the world's largest man made lagoon for sharks and you can see Australia's only Polar bears in their home at the Polar Bear Shores.

Step back in time into the 1960s at the Waterski WipeOut which is an energetic show set in the ‘Golden Era’ of Surfers Paradise.

General admission prices -
    Adults $62.00
    Children (4 - 13 years inclusive) $40.00
    Pensioners $40.00

If you plan to visit Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World or Wet'n'Wild , then a much better deal is the 3 Park Super Pass which allows you to visit any park, any day as many times as you like for 14 days.

by robertgaz Updated Apr 4, 2011

Entrance with Superman ride in middle

Movie World is a Warner Bros theme park with rides, slides and shows with all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.

You can fly like a speeding bullet on the Superman Escape where you are catapulted from whoa to 100km/h in just 2 seconds!

If that only whet your appetite you could travel at 85 km/h and feel 4G's of gravity on the totally awesome Lethal Weapon.

For something a tad tamer there's a 70km/h drop from the top of a mountain in a canoe so hang onto your hats.

After all these thrills and spills it's also worth checking out the Stars on Parade with Shrek, Batman, Scooby Doo, Tweety and Daffy Duck.

And for a good laugh have a look at the Police Academy Stunt Show with staged re-enactments from these popular movies.

You can also go shopping for souvenirs at the many themed shops to be found around Movie World.

Rides & Attractions are open from 10am to 5pm
    Gates Close at 5:30pm

General Admission Prices -

Adults $62.00
    Children ( 4 - 13 years inclusive) $40.00
    Pensioners$40.00

Wet 'n' Wild

Giant Wave Pool

Wet'n'Wild Water World is on the Gold Coast and it is Australia's biggest water theme park with splashtacular rides.

The Mach 5 attraction houses Wet 'n' Wild's two longest slides plus three king sized slides that have you skidding down a waterfall at nearly 85km/h.

I can't remembering seeing anything because the faster I went down, the faster other things went up. I had my rashie over my eyes and my boardies up my... well I'll leave that to your imagination!

Then there is the Tornado where your wild journey begins on a super-slide from a 15m high platform and then you blast down a 40m long tunnel and into a huge funnel, splashing back and forth through swirling water.

The Blackhole features two enclosed slides that catapult you into pitch black spirals so you don't know which way you're turning next and you don't see a thing until you hit the final splashdown!

At the Super 8 Aqua Racer you plunge head first down an 8 lane, 86m long slide reaching speeds of up to 40km/h and you get a placing to an accuracy of 1/1000th of a second. I'm afraid I was a little slow out of the starting block so I was left long behind.

The park opens at 10:00am every day and closing times vary throughout the year.

27 December - 25 January 9:00pm

Pensioner $26.00

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo

Warner Bros Movie World

by RedEaredPanda Updated Apr 4, 2011

Movie world is classified as " Hollywood on the Gold Coast" and it is just that. It features all the things movie producers have to go through to make a movie. Hey, if you are lucky they will even let you become an extra on the set for one.

We sat through a demonstration of Make-up and sound production when we were there. There are also alot of characters walking the streets of the park to amuse both young and old.
    Great "TV" Land.!!!

• Festivals

WET & WILD WATERWORLD

by AusPinay Written Jul 18, 2009

For splashtacular fun you can't go past WET'N'WILD WATER WORLD, Australia's premier water theme park. We were just too unlicky as we were there during the hottest time of the year after 28 years according to the weather bureau!

Get ready to be spun out by Whirlpool - the unique high-speed attraction that sends guests whirling amidst swirling rapids. Hang ten on the world's first wet roller coaster as you plummet 30 meters through wild water sprays while spinning on a giant surfboard! Ride on Australia's biggest water attraction- Mammoth Falls, dive into the Giant Wave Pool or relax at Calypso Beach. Children (under 10 years of age) can splash and swim in Buccaneer Bay- a playground full of fun and fantasy. The park is patrolled by fully qualified lifeguards and all slides and pools are heated during the cooler months.

• Water Sports

MOVIEWORLD- HOLLYWOOD ON THE GOLD COAST

by AusPinay Written Jul 18, 2009

oen of the colourful attractions

You cannot visit the gold coast without seeing Movieworld! Especially when you got young kids!

Looney Tunes are one of the boys' fave cartoons so we had to go there! Warner Bros.

Movie World is a whole world of entertainment. From heart-thumping thrill rides like Lethal Weapon to the colourful but gentle rides in LOONEY TUNES Village to the fun filled shows...Warner Bros. Movie World has something for everyone.

With this placeyou can experience an exhilarating ride like no other on the planet with the Superman Escape - an unprecedented thrill rollercoaster where you travel 100km/h in just two seconds!

Take adventure to the next dimension in the DreamWorks® Shrek 4D Adventure™- the attraction that puts you in the action with hair-raising, eye-popping, and butt-busting effects so real all your senses will be on ogre-time.

Experience the other heart thumping thrill rides like Lethal Weapon and Wild West Falls (we love this!), the spine-tingling Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster, all the fun of Looney Tunes Village, and the spectacular Main Street Star Parade. Star in and buy your own Hi-5 music DVD at the new 'BE A Hi-5 STAR' Studio! Warner Bros. Movie World is an exciting adventure just waiting for you!

• dancinbudgie's Profile Photo

by dancinbudgie Written Jan 12, 2009

One of my Favourite Movie Stars

Want to meet your favourite movie star? Feel up to being rocketed upwards 60 metres on the Batwing? Want to go from 0-100kph in 2 seconds on the Superman Escape? Go to Movie World! It's a fun day out.
    Tip: if you don't meet the height restriction stand on your tippy toes (its what my 3 year old did to make it on to the Road Runner roller coaster! his first Roller Coaster...such a brave little bugger! When he came off he was so excited...laughing his head off and saying over and over "Mummy...it took out my breath!"
    A word of warning...we went during the Xmas - new year break and the crowds were huge! bring along your patience for the queues!

• School Holidays

• dandeelionz's Profile Photo

Seaworld

by dandeelionz Updated Aug 24, 2008

Polar Bear

Get there early (on opening) to get the most out of your day!! There is the dolphin show, the seal show, the rock n roll waterski show, shark bay & of course the polar bears will have you mesmerized all day. There is a 4D theatre & also amusement rides. Take a scenic chopper ride over the GC or take a whale watching cruise. There is also the 4 star Seaworld Nara Resort located right next door for your convenience.

• School Holidays