Hamilton Island Restaurants

Marina Tavern exterior
  • Pool Terrace Restaurant to the right of the Pool
    Pool Terrace Restaurant to the right of...
    Romanos exterior

Most Recent Restaurants in Hamilton Island

• Manta Ray Restaurant: Good food and service

by Agassi34 Written Nov 28, 2013

We had an enjoyable lunch looking out over the Hamilton Island Marina. So picturesque! Our family shared pizza and some other snacks which were served quickly and were very tasty. The waitress was very friendly and made us feel relaxed and welcome

Favorite Dish: Pizza was yummy!

• Whale Watching
    • Seniors
    • Sailing and Boating

• Coca Chu: World class food, great service

by vicki10 Written Oct 12, 2013

We arrived a bit early for our reservation so our table wasn't quite ready. No problems - we had cocktails by the pool in a really elegant outdoor setting. The waiters are fantastic - friendly approachable, and they have a spring in their step to keep pace - the restaurant was packed! They still take the time to fully explain the menu, the ingredients and the flavour combinations. Nothing is too much trouble and the food is to die for. Generous servings that are flavoursome, succulent, well balanced and immaculately presented. The best restaurant on Hamilton Island by a country mile!

Favorite Dish: The twice cooked duck in tamarillo sauce is world class

• Diving and Snorkeling

• Marina Tavern: The Tavern with NO STEAK???

by vicki10 Written Oct 10, 2013

We were dumbfounded! A pub that serves four kinds of Parmigiana but NOT ONE STEAK - unless you want a steak sandwich. No! We don't want a SNACK. We want a decent feed, a substantial meal. A meal that is typical of a typical Aussie Pub. Not a fish and chip shop. What IDIOT came up with that idea?

Favorite Dish: Nothing - we walked out

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Romano's Italian Restaurant: Elegant Italian (with a price tag!)

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

We didnt actually eat here, but thought I would post about it anyway. Upon checking into our room, we then decided on where to eat for dinner. We had both loved the Pizza place down at the Marina from our last holiday here, and I had thought it was called Romanos. So I rang up and made a reservation, but when we got down there, I realised this wasnt in fact the one Id remembered, that one was called Manta Ray Cafe.

So,after quick perusal of the menu (which we thought was way overpriced!) I made Frank go in and tell them we did want our reservation any more, and we then mosied on down the road to the Manta!!!

Romanos would be lovely for a super special dinner, where money was no option, but we felt the food and the price list was just a bit too fancy for us!!!

Romanos exterior

Manta Ray Cafe: Super scrumptious Pizzas

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

We had visited this restaurant a few times when we were here in 2001 with the kids, it has great family appeal with yummy pizzas, pastas, fries etc.and its also great value. Location is great, right on the Wharf with outside dining overlooking the boats.

This trip we ate here twice for dinner,the only other night we had on the island for dinner was when we were in lockdown in our room!!! So, you could say this was our favourite place to eat dinner!

Atmosphere is great, staff are friendly and helpful, food is soooo delicious and prices are very also reasonable. The pizzas are by far the BIG hit here and that is what we ordered both nights. One pizza with a side of either garlic bread or fries was plenty to feed both Frank and I, and with drinks, total bill for both of us was about $40.

The Manta Ray Cafe is also included in the "KIDS EAT FREE" list of restaurants.

I cannot highly enough recommend this place, for location, value and quality food.

THIS WAS BY FAR OUR FAVOURITE RESTAURANT ON HAMILTON ISLAND!

Favorite Dish: Both nights we ordered a half and half pizza. There is no extra charge for ordering half and half pizzas, most places do charge extra for this. The Meatlovers pizza we thought was the best one!

A Meatlovers Pizza costs $28, a satay prawn pizza costs $28.50 (and is the dearest one) while the cheapest ones are either a Margarita or a Hawaiin Pizza.

Friday evening dining al fresco at Manta Cafe View from our dinner table Our super yummy Pizza! Manta Cafe sign wth accompanying birdlife! View towards Manta from boat docks

Popeye's Fish and Chips: Great Fish 'n' Chips on the Marina

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

This is where we had our last meal on the Island, an early lunch before our midday departure, and it did not disappoint. We had a seafood basket with extra chips costing $21 and there was probably too much food there! So we shared the leftovers with the friendly local birdlife, even though there are signs all over the island not to feed the birds, we could not resist!

For a quick and easy and low cost meal alternative, Popeyes will fit the bill.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Basket for $17

Exterior of Popeyes Fish 'n' Chips Shop Our very yummy Seafood Basket Chatting with the local birdlife! Hand feeding the local birdlife! Chilling on the harbour after lunch

Bob's Bakery: Freshly baked delicacies

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

Lunch on Saturday was bought from here and buggied back to our room! We both had a delicious pie and a dessert and the total cost was only $18. Frank had a chicken and vegetable pie and I had a beef and mushroom pie. Our desserts consisted of cheesecake for Frank and I had the most delightful pecan and caramel slice I think I have ever tasted!

This is another fantastic low cost meal idea, especially for families with kids. You cant miss the Bakery, with the huge old fashioned outside. They sell pies, sandwiches, breads, sandwiches, cakes and slices.

Favorite Dish: Beef and Mushroom pie followed by dessert of pecan and caramel slice .... yummy!!!

Bakery exterior on Front Street

Pool Terrace Restaurant: Pool side dining

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

This was another restaurant we did not get around to eating at, but as I said .... there is always next time! My niece had her wedding reception here last June and she loved it, and we could see this restaurant from our balcony and it was always quite packed, so I will have to assume its a great place!

It offers a buffet breakfast (we did eat breakfast here once when we were here in 2001) as well as a delicious a la carte lunch and dinner menu,the restauraunt is casual and well situated right in front of the Reef View Hotel pool. It also participates in the "KIDS EAT FREE" program.

Pool Terrace Restaurant to the right of the Pool

Marina Tavern: Pub style meals

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

We had planned to dine here but just did not get around to it .... but there is always next time!!! Located on the far end of Front Street, right before the new Yacht Club and offering an appetising and well priced blackboard menu from11am until 9pm daily.

Marina Tavern exterior

The Steakhouse: Mouthwatering Steaks

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

We did not eat here, but were told it is fantastic. Located on Front street at the Marina and open for dinner only, steaks were about $30-$40 so it was a bit out of our price range. A relaxed family atmosphere and serving steaks, ribs, salads and chicken dishes. This restaurant also participates in the "KIDS EAT FREE" program.

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Sails: Casual dining for the whole family

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

This was our first meal on Hamilton Island, and it did not disappoint. After settling into our room, we wandered down to the main pool area. Sails is situated right next to the main swimming pool on the Resort side of the island, overlooking the beach. It could most easily be described as casual dining in a relaxed atmosphere and it is open day and evening. Prices are quite reasonable and this restaurant is one of "KIDS EAT FREE" ones, if you are staying at either the Reef View Hotel, Whitsunday Apartments or Palm Bungalows.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for value, quality and location.

Favorite Dish: Frank had a chicken wrap and I had scrumptious salt and pepper squid, with 2 drinks the total came to $40.

Our first meal on the island at Sails Exterior of Sails Exterior and pool Shrubbery Pool looking towards beach

Resort Centre Coctail Bar

by aussirose Updated Nov 6, 2009

A holiday is not a holiday without a coctail :o)

There are plenty of bars on Hamilton Island and all have happy hour.

I wasn't sure what to have so this nice bar attendant said he'd whip me up his best! Who was I to disagree ;o)

Hamilton Island Resort Centre Coctail Bar
    • Beer Tasting

Resort Centre Restaurant & Bar

by aussirose Updated Nov 6, 2009

Check out those prawns!! I have not had such huge and sweet prawns for a long time! Few of these big suckers washed down with a cold glass of white and a view to die for!! You simply just have to do it!!

Hamilton Island Resort Centre Restaurant Prawns on Hamilton Island Hamilton Island Resort Centre Prawns Hamilton Island Resort Centre Restaurant

Romanos on the Marina

by aussirose Updated Nov 6, 2009

The last time we were in Hamilton Island we ate here. I was not impressed. The cost was way over the top and I only got a steak about the size of my open palm - no fingers.

Well, needless to say.... we bypassed Romanos and went up the road to the Manta Ray Cafe.....much better value for money!!

Romanos - Hamilton Island Romanos - Hamilton Island
    • Luxury Travel

Manta Ray Cafe

by aussirose Updated Nov 6, 2009

Hubby and I liked the Manta Ray Cafe on the Marina. The service is good, food reasonably priced and the views are to die for!! :o)

They make a wide range of meals and snax. I'm not a pizza lover, but actually enjoyed it here as the price was right and the pizza was quite light and palatable.

We came back again because we were impressed!... and I know you will be too :o)

Manta Ray Cafe - Hamilton Island Manta Ray Cafe Hamilton Island

Instant Answers: Hamilton Island

Comments

Hamilton Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hamilton Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hamilton Island sightseeing.

View all Hamilton Island hotels