Hamilton Island Restaurants

Marina Tavern exterior
  • Pool Terrace Restaurant to the right of the Pool
    Pool Terrace Restaurant to the right of...
    Romanos exterior

Best Rated Restaurants in Hamilton Island

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Sails: Casual dining for the whole family

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

This was our first meal on Hamilton Island, and it did not disappoint. After settling into our room, we wandered down to the main pool area. Sails is situated right next to the main swimming pool on the Resort side of the island, overlooking the beach. It could most easily be described as casual dining in a relaxed atmosphere and it is open day and evening. Prices are quite reasonable and this restaurant is one of "KIDS EAT FREE" ones, if you are staying at either the Reef View Hotel, Whitsunday Apartments or Palm Bungalows.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for value, quality and location.

Favorite Dish: Frank had a chicken wrap and I had scrumptious salt and pepper squid, with 2 drinks the total came to $40.

Our first meal on the island at Sails Exterior of Sails Exterior and pool Shrubbery Pool looking towards beach

Manta Ray Cafe: Super scrumptious Pizzas

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

We had visited this restaurant a few times when we were here in 2001 with the kids, it has great family appeal with yummy pizzas, pastas, fries etc.and its also great value. Location is great, right on the Wharf with outside dining overlooking the boats.

This trip we ate here twice for dinner,the only other night we had on the island for dinner was when we were in lockdown in our room!!! So, you could say this was our favourite place to eat dinner!

Atmosphere is great, staff are friendly and helpful, food is soooo delicious and prices are very also reasonable. The pizzas are by far the BIG hit here and that is what we ordered both nights. One pizza with a side of either garlic bread or fries was plenty to feed both Frank and I, and with drinks, total bill for both of us was about $40.

The Manta Ray Cafe is also included in the "KIDS EAT FREE" list of restaurants.

I cannot highly enough recommend this place, for location, value and quality food.

THIS WAS BY FAR OUR FAVOURITE RESTAURANT ON HAMILTON ISLAND!

Favorite Dish: Both nights we ordered a half and half pizza. There is no extra charge for ordering half and half pizzas, most places do charge extra for this. The Meatlovers pizza we thought was the best one!

A Meatlovers Pizza costs $28, a satay prawn pizza costs $28.50 (and is the dearest one) while the cheapest ones are either a Margarita or a Hawaiin Pizza.

Friday evening dining al fresco at Manta Cafe View from our dinner table Our super yummy Pizza! Manta Cafe sign wth accompanying birdlife! View towards Manta from boat docks

Pool Terrace Restaurant: Pool side dining

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

This was another restaurant we did not get around to eating at, but as I said .... there is always next time! My niece had her wedding reception here last June and she loved it, and we could see this restaurant from our balcony and it was always quite packed, so I will have to assume its a great place!

It offers a buffet breakfast (we did eat breakfast here once when we were here in 2001) as well as a delicious a la carte lunch and dinner menu,the restauraunt is casual and well situated right in front of the Reef View Hotel pool. It also participates in the "KIDS EAT FREE" program.

Pool Terrace Restaurant to the right of the Pool

Bob's Bakery: Freshly baked delicacies

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

Lunch on Saturday was bought from here and buggied back to our room! We both had a delicious pie and a dessert and the total cost was only $18. Frank had a chicken and vegetable pie and I had a beef and mushroom pie. Our desserts consisted of cheesecake for Frank and I had the most delightful pecan and caramel slice I think I have ever tasted!

This is another fantastic low cost meal idea, especially for families with kids. You cant miss the Bakery, with the huge old fashioned outside. They sell pies, sandwiches, breads, sandwiches, cakes and slices.

Favorite Dish: Beef and Mushroom pie followed by dessert of pecan and caramel slice .... yummy!!!

Bakery exterior on Front Street

Steakhouse Restaurant & Bar: Great Steaks & Marina View

by Mikebb Updated Dec 23, 2006

This is a modern upmarket restaurant located on the first floor of a building which has magnificent views of the marina day and night. We dined late one evening and were lucky to get a table so I recommend you book earlier in the day. We were impressed with the decor of the restaurant , it has an open kitchen with the various steaks etc on display in refrigerated cabinets. I liked the display as you can select the steak you want, maybe thick, or less fat, large or small.
    I had an excellent steak, cooked as I asked with a large bowl of steamed vegetables, Jill had a steak & seafood meal and we finished with Stickey Date Pudding and coffee for sweets. This would have been the best dinner we had on the island. Prices vary with the the various steak cuts from Au$28 for the steak I ordered with $40 being the most expensive. All up our meal cost Au$100.

Sign on Stairs My Steak Steamed Vegetables Steak & Seafood
    • Seniors

Manta Ray Cafe & Bar: Best Seafood & Pizza

by Mikebb Updated Dec 23, 2006

We had dinner twice at this popular cafe located on the waterfront overlooking the marina. There is a small bar with views over the marina where you can wait whilst they find a table.
    The cafe specialises in seafood and pizza, however the extensive menu covers many othere cusines including Italian.
    On our first visit we enjoyed some pizza slices for entree, followed by Red Emperor fillets for main course whilst Jill had the Lamb Shanks with garlic mash. Both meals were large serves and very nice, we returned several nights later and had the same main courses but reversed. With coffee our bill came to Au $70, which we thought was reasonable.
    This is a popular restaurant and I recommend you book your table, otherwise expect a long wait at the bar.

Marina View From Cafe Across The Water At Low Tide The Covered Alfresco Dining
    • Seniors

Yacht Club Tavern: The Local Pub, Great Beer & Marina View

by Mikebb Written Dec 24, 2006

This establishment is the local pub and is located opposite the marina in a commanding position with a great view of the marina. The place was always busy during our visit, the outdoor area was very popular with large tables, sun during the day and a great place during the evening to enjoy a meal and view the marina and lights on the harbour. Inside the pub there is a dining area and plenty of bar space with large flat screen televisions.
    We sat at the bar and people watched for some time, the meals coming from the kitchen looked good, particularly the extremely large steaks. We returned the next evening for dinner, however could not get a table and went elsewhere, I recommend you arrive early, secure a table and have a few drinks until you are ready to eat.

The Place For Cold Beer. Yacht Club Pub, Cold Beer & Great View

The Steakhouse: Mouthwatering Steaks

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

We did not eat here, but were told it is fantastic. Located on Front street at the Marina and open for dinner only, steaks were about $30-$40 so it was a bit out of our price range. A relaxed family atmosphere and serving steaks, ribs, salads and chicken dishes. This restaurant also participates in the "KIDS EAT FREE" program.

The Bakery: Fresh Bread & Hot Snacks

by Mikebb Updated Dec 24, 2006

For that quick lunch, morning or afternoon tea or supplies for your room you cannot beat the backery. We had meat and salad rolls one lunchtime, walked across the road to shaded tables and sat watching the activity on the marina. A good alternative to always eating in restaurants.

Favorite Dish: Hot meat pies and salad rolls.

Fresh Bread, Pies & Snack Food Sulphur Crested Cockey Waiting For Lunch Scraps

Popeye's Fish and Chips: Great Fish 'n' Chips on the Marina

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

This is where we had our last meal on the Island, an early lunch before our midday departure, and it did not disappoint. We had a seafood basket with extra chips costing $21 and there was probably too much food there! So we shared the leftovers with the friendly local birdlife, even though there are signs all over the island not to feed the birds, we could not resist!

For a quick and easy and low cost meal alternative, Popeyes will fit the bill.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Basket for $17

Exterior of Popeyes Fish 'n' Chips Shop Our very yummy Seafood Basket Chatting with the local birdlife! Hand feeding the local birdlife! Chilling on the harbour after lunch

Marina Tavern: Pub style meals

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

We had planned to dine here but just did not get around to it .... but there is always next time!!! Located on the far end of Front Street, right before the new Yacht Club and offering an appetising and well priced blackboard menu from11am until 9pm daily.

Marina Tavern exterior

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Romano's Italian Restaurant: Elegant Italian (with a price tag!)

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

We didnt actually eat here, but thought I would post about it anyway. Upon checking into our room, we then decided on where to eat for dinner. We had both loved the Pizza place down at the Marina from our last holiday here, and I had thought it was called Romanos. So I rang up and made a reservation, but when we got down there, I realised this wasnt in fact the one Id remembered, that one was called Manta Ray Cafe.

So,after quick perusal of the menu (which we thought was way overpriced!) I made Frank go in and tell them we did want our reservation any more, and we then mosied on down the road to the Manta!!!

Romanos would be lovely for a super special dinner, where money was no option, but we felt the food and the price list was just a bit too fancy for us!!!

Romanos exterior

• Coca Chu: World class food, great service

by vicki10 Written Oct 12, 2013

We arrived a bit early for our reservation so our table wasn't quite ready. No problems - we had cocktails by the pool in a really elegant outdoor setting. The waiters are fantastic - friendly approachable, and they have a spring in their step to keep pace - the restaurant was packed! They still take the time to fully explain the menu, the ingredients and the flavour combinations. Nothing is too much trouble and the food is to die for. Generous servings that are flavoursome, succulent, well balanced and immaculately presented. The best restaurant on Hamilton Island by a country mile!

Favorite Dish: The twice cooked duck in tamarillo sauce is world class

• Diving and Snorkeling

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Manta Ray Cafe

by aussirose Updated Nov 6, 2009

Hubby and I liked the Manta Ray Cafe on the Marina. The service is good, food reasonably priced and the views are to die for!! :o)

They make a wide range of meals and snax. I'm not a pizza lover, but actually enjoyed it here as the price was right and the pizza was quite light and palatable.

We came back again because we were impressed!... and I know you will be too :o)

Manta Ray Cafe - Hamilton Island Manta Ray Cafe Hamilton Island
    • Beaches
    • Wine Tasting

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Romanos on the Marina

by aussirose Updated Nov 6, 2009

The last time we were in Hamilton Island we ate here. I was not impressed. The cost was way over the top and I only got a steak about the size of my open palm - no fingers.

Well, needless to say.... we bypassed Romanos and went up the road to the Manta Ray Cafe.....much better value for money!!

Romanos - Hamilton Island Romanos - Hamilton Island
    • Beaches
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Hamilton Island

Comments

Hamilton Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hamilton Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hamilton Island sightseeing.

View all Hamilton Island hotels