Hamilton Island Shopping

Bottle Shop located under Marina Tavern
    by lindyz
  • Billboard photo sign outside Trader Petes!
    Billboard photo sign outside Trader...
    by lindyz
    by aussirose

Most Recent Shopping in Hamilton Island

• Australia the Gift: Great Gift Shop!

by Sarah_shine Written Mar 29, 2014

My fiancée and I just spent the best week on Hamilton Island. The only thing was most of the shops that sell your typical souvenirs are way overpriced and have staff who either don't care or are a bit snooty.
    So it was great to go into Australia the Gift. Everyone was full of smiles and really helpful and they had tons of great stuff. I think we went back about 3 or 4 times for different bits and pieces. Thanks to Michelle and her husband who looked after us.

What to buy: T'shirts - towels - beach bags and the best hats on the island!!!!

What to pay: Very reasonable prices for great stuff

• Photography
    • Diving and Snorkeling
    • Water Sports

• Australia the Gift: A pleasant Surprise!

by Agassi34 Written Oct 16, 2013

I went to Australia the Gift with my Mother when she was getting tired. She didn't want to go inside so I said we would not stay long. I spoke to her in Korean because she is too old to learn English. Then I heard the store manager welcoming my Mother in Korean! He is Australian but he speaks our language fluently. Mother was very happy because sales people usually ignore her and only talk to me in English. We stayed more than half an hour and bought all our gifts for our relatives and friends from Australia the Gift. We even went back the next day so Mother could say goodbye before we returned to Sydney

What to buy: Jewellery, leather wallets, aboriginal products, kitchen towels

What to pay: The products in Australia the Gift are very good quality and not expensive like other stores

• Whale Watching

• Australia the Gift: Quality and Service with a Genuine Aussie Smile

by vicki10 Written Oct 9, 2013

This is definitely not your average gift shop! The shop is immaculately clean and tidy for starters. They have a great range of well presented goods that are refreshingly different. You would expect to pay top dollar but they are actually the most reasonably priced gift and souvenir shop on the island. What really sets this store apart is the genuinely friendly staff who make everyone feel like a welcome guest rather than just another customer. We left with a smile on our faces and a good feeling that our money was well spent. Top marks to the staff who obviously enjoy their jobs!

What to buy: The best range of top quality hats, tee shirts, towels and beach bags.

What to pay: By far the best value for money on Hamilton Island

• Water Sports

• fenjan's Profile Photo

Australia The Gift: Don't shop anywhere else!

by fenjan Written Aug 3, 2013

This shop unlike some on the island is laid out beautifully, and makes it easy to look around for what you want. The prices are reasonable, and there is no feeling of being ripped off. Kevin and Michelle who run the place are pleasant, helpful and serve you as though they want your custom.

What to buy: Obviously, Island souvenirs, but the opal jewellery was very beautiful and at prices comparable to places off the island. We also bought some amusing things for people who would not appreciate standard tourist gifts.

• National/State Park
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Trader Petes: Total rip-off!!!

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

Billboard photo sign outside Trader Petes!

We just had one quick look in this shop and quickly decided it was the biggest rip-off! Even to the extent of another shop just down the road selling the same identical item for much cheaper. My advice is NOT to buy anything from here, if you want gifts and souvenirs, go down the road to Australia the Gift.

The only fun thing about this shop was the photo opportunity out the front!!! Dont I just look great as a Hawaiin Hula Lady??!!

What to buy: Nothing!!!!!

What to pay: Too much!!!!!

General Store: Stock up on grocery essentials

by lindyz Updated Mar 27, 2010

For the self-catering traveller, This is most peoples first port of call after settling into their room, to stock up on drinks,snacks, brekkie foods etc. We did just one shop here and bought everything we needed at a cost of $44. Admittedly most things in here are much more expensive than you would pay on the mainland or in your home town, but on Hamilton Island, you have no option but to buy from here or bring your own in. I found prices to be not too expensive, but a necessity.

What to buy: Food, drinks, fruit, dairy, and general grocery items.

• lindyz's Profile Photo

The Bottleo at Mariners: Priority shopping stop!!!

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

Bottle Shop located under Marina Tavern

I would say this would either be the first or second port of call when stocking up on essentials for a stay on Hamilton Island!!!! Prices are largely inflated, but once again, your only other choice is to fly your own stock in! I did bring a 600ml coke bottle full of vodka, which managed to last the 4 days! We bought a bottle of wine as well as some Strongbows here for a total cost of $38, probably about double what we can buy it for back home!

The Bottle shop is located at the far end of Front Street, underneath the Marina Tavern.

What to buy: Grog!

What to pay: About double the prices you usually pay!

Australia the Gift Shop: Best priced souvenirs by far

by lindyz Written Mar 27, 2010

Most of the retail outlets and shops on Hamilton Island are rather pricey and dont represent good value, so I would not really recommend buying stuff here, unless its something you either really need or really love!!!! By far ... the best priced souvenirs and gifts will be found at this store which is located on Resort Drive, close to the main pool area. I actually found jewellery in this store cheaper than prices I had bargained down to at Paddys Markets in Sydney!!!!!! For example, boys white shell necklaces, were only $7.99 here and I had bargained hard to get them for $8.50 at Paddys!

So on our last day I decided to stock up on some gifts for the kids and just general gifts to put away, a bit of retail therapy did me good ..... doesnt it always!!!!

What to buy: Anything you want .... they will probably sell it here, but mainly souvenirs of Hamilton Island, jewellery, clothing, shells etc.

What to pay: Prices were very comparable to cheaper prices I would pay in Wollongong or Sydney, and definitely much much cheaper than the other main souvenir shop on the Island called "Trader Petes"

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Foots Artworks: Great Handcrafted Ornaments & Souvenirs

by Mikebb Written Jan 3, 2007

Works Of Local Craftsman Outside Store

This is a fantastic local craftsmans store where you can see the work in progress and the finished product. The range will amaze you from the large statute to the small pieces which you can put on your coffee table. No pressure to buy, you can take an hour to browse through this amazing store. We visited the store twice during our stay. Just be careful if you take children with you as there are many valuable pieces on display. There are always bargains on sale, some pieces which do not meet the crafrsmans standard go at very cheap prices, others being pieces they just want to move.

What to pay: You will find something which meets all budgets

• Luxury Travel

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Hamilton Island Bottle-O

by aussirose Written Nov 7, 2009

Close by at the Tavern is the Bottle-O - Grog shop where we purchase a couple of bottles of nice wine to go with our sandwiches.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Updated Nov 7, 2009

Hamilton Island General Store

Near the Marina in Restaurant alley there is a General Store. We bought a few food items here to take back to our apartment. Eating out all of the time can become quite costly.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Hamilton Island

Comments

Hamilton Island Shopping

Reviews and photos of Hamilton Island shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hamilton Island sightseeing.

View all Hamilton Island hotels