Maroochydore Local Customs

• Only the senior ones are dressed for the season
    Only the senior ones are dressed for the...
    by wise23girl
    Now he has a criminal record
    We rug up

Best Rated Local Customs in Maroochydore

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

A Few Things

by wise23girl Updated Jun 25, 2009

Only the senior ones are dressed for the season

Through the eyes of my Irish (soon to be Australian) friend I offer the following;

We go to bed early ...well many restaurants serve meals 6pm to 8pm so that supports this theory.
    The streets are quiet very early in the night (This is not King's Cross Sydney)

We do not dress for the weather." In Ireland we like to be comfortable" says Bill. Well I am often rugged up but the young things are in beach gear. But even I run out into the rain without a raincoat or brolly. And at dances how do some of us survive in flimsy gowns when there is no central heating.

At the local dances supper is a "must".

We are very strict with dogs. Certainly not easy going like Canada where dogs can be checked into some hotels or Athens where they sleep in the streets. My dog wandered off the farm and before you could say "Jack Robinson" someone called the pound. And my dog is friendly and had a dog tag to boot! Signs to say "No dogs allowed" are everywhere and there are letters of complaint to the editor of the local rag all the time.

Yes there are exceptions of course.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best location for your hoilday

by wise23girl Updated Mar 1, 2014

Well this is not so easy to answer....depends on you and what you love.......the Sunshine Coast stretches from Caloundra in the south to Noosa in the north with our beautiful hinterland set behind the beaches....the bush behind the beach....

We have some really beautiful beaches...and everyone has their favourite...visitors and locals...
    Some just adore King's beach at Caloundra as well as the smaller beach spots nearby. Others come to Mooloolaba or for body surfing and surf board riding choose Alexandra Headlands. Peregian is another favourite with the younger crowd and of course there is that real classy lady (or some say tourist trap) Noosa Heads.

In the hinterland you have the slightly alternative style Maleny to visit or stay, then Montville with all the little shops... a tourist mecca indeed. Flaxton comes next at the opposite end of the Blackall Range and then Mapleton with the iconic (if a bit greasy spoon) Mapleton pub.You will be amazed at the spectacular views along the Range....the waterfalls...and the bush walks.....

For fun a good central beach location you cannot do better than Mooloolaba which is right on the surfing beach and has many places to eat and some really good boutiques. A bit further around is Cotton Tree and there is a tea shop there I just love called Silva Spoon and close by another really good eating spot called"Envy". These days I am getting to like Nude ...in little section hidden away in Rovera Arcade (my spot is out in the arcade not the front) and there is as well the Harvest Bakery where 'Sister' used to be. There are even a few more cafes now..... so you have many choices.So do go for a stroll around town and along the esplanade while you are in Cotton Tree as well. Nice to stay around Cotton Tree....Hey the Post Office is handy and there is an ATM...in the main street.
    Families have long chosen Cotton Tree...not far to walk to the patrolled Maroochydore beach for a surf and you can take a long beach walk in the sand not far from the caravan park. And for those who prefer to swim in a pool...well one is waiting for you to show your style.

If you want to stay somewhere a bit away from the beachfront...the best place in the world... there is Buderim which looks over the beaches and is not a real tourist area. We live "on Buderim". So if you like lovely food there is a "tea house" Le Baroque .There are many nice shops and lots of hairdressers and even more coffee shops.....but that is not all we have beautiful walks and so much pioneer history...just read my Buderim page.

And of course you will want to visit Maroochydore if only to shop at our quite beautiful Sunshine Coast Plaza set on the banks of Cornmeal Creek.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Maroochydore

Comments

Maroochydore Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Maroochydore local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maroochydore sightseeing.