Maroochydore Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Maroochydore

Fish on Parkyn Mooloolaba: Don't miss the fresh seafood

by wise23girl Updated Apr 27, 2014

Just a little way from main surfing beach and set amongst the fishing fleet, you will find the wonderful fresh seafood, much of it local and cooked to perfection at "Fish on Parkyn". We keep going back and taking our friends. You are always given a warm welcome from the friendly and efficient staff.

There are some really nice wines and the waiter can always advise if need be.

Just be tidy...there is no need to "dress up". In winter you will be as warm as toast with the lovely heaters surrounding you and in summer feel the fresh sea breezes.

Favorite Dish: Usually there is a fish special. "Wild" as they say. Always cooked beautifully. Most recently I enjoyed grilled pearl perch.

Went last night again (Sept) and had sour dough bread, extra virgin olive oil, dukkah ($A7.00) followed with a special for mains..as usual wild fish and it was crusted snapper ($A32.90) with truffle mash potato and vegetables - hand picked Gympie green beans, prosciutto butter. You do have to pay extra for sides.

But at the moment macadamia crusted barramundi is my favourite....unless there is snapper....then again in 2014 I have become addicted to the entree at Fish on Parkyn .....Local spanner crab & parmesan pikelets, avocado, watercress, orange mayonnaise ($ 19.90) ...see photo

Mine host said please let him know if you come from VT...he would love to know. (he did not mention discount though...worse luck)

• Red Sea Restaurant: Red Sea Restaurant belittled me. :(

by Alex.W Written Feb 14, 2014

This was the first time my wife and I had gone out of house since the birth of our child, we thought this place looked nice and since it was new we went there to celebrate Valentines day.

I ordered a wagyu steak meal medium-rare & my wife ordered the rib fillet steak in medium, they cost $30.50 and $35.00 but both came out well-done.

I'm timid so normally I wouldn't point it out but they were good cuts of meat and they were really overcooked so I told the waitress, she had them both remade and when they came back my wife and I cut our steaks straight away so they didn't continue to cook but they were both well-done again.

I understand it can be hard to cook a steak but there is a huge difference between medium-rare and well-done. I didn't eat it as it was so overcooked but went up to pay regardless.

I politely told the waitress that the steaks were once again overcooked and as she gave me dirty look the chef walked up to me and blurted out "What's wrong now!" very aggressively. He then went into a tirade against me and started yelling "you don't know what you're talking about", "that's crap", "they were perfect when they left the kitchen".

I told him to go look at our steaks but he refused even though I cut them open as soon as they got to the table, he then started yelling "I'm not cooking you another one" and I told him "I don't want another one". He then repeatedly yelled "just leave" and "get out of here".

I was shocked and looked at our waitress/Maitre-D in disbelief and she gave me a filthy look and said "there's nothing we can do". They told me rudely to leave without having to pay, but I would've much rather paid then get spoken to like that and leave feeling like this. It was really embarrassing and it shocked me and took me off guard.

We've both felt distressed since and are still in shock, it has really ruined our valentines day.

They way they spoke to me reminded me of this incident on Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares:

Favorite Dish: The calamari entree was good.

Gypsy's Plate: Its the Gypsy in Me

by wise23girl Written Aug 17, 2013

This is not a review ...just a link to a very quaint , charming restaurant you should not miss.
    Please take a trip up to Montville in the Hinterland and visit this most wonderful restaurant called Gypsy's Plate. If you follow the link you will read all about dining there.

Open Wednesday to Saturday for dinner (at night) and Wednesday till Sunday for lunch.

Nude Delicafe: Nude for Breakfast

by wise23girl Updated Dec 30, 2012

This little place is handy as there are tables out the front on the footpath....and this is where the Sunday Markets are held but also in the little arcade there is the hidden section...with some comfy chairs and a little more privacy.

Favorite Dish: Well the food is locally sourced as much as possible...eggs are free range so it is 'towards organic' even if not the full 'monty'.

If you want something a bit lighter try the avocado and tomato on toast....I had soft poached eggs and a little nicely cooked (crispy) bacon.

Open for breakfast (all day) and Lunch
    Opening Hours
    6.30am to 5pm Monday to Saturday
    6.30am to 4pm Sunday (market day)

Prices change all the time but you could say this is average for this part of the world....it is not an 'el cheapo'

• al2401's Profile Photo

Ba Vigo: Spanish with a modern twist

by al2401 Written Sep 11, 2012

Quite a busy restaurant with a great feel. Helpful staff and fantastic service. An excellent tapas menu and a good variety of Spanish beers and wines.

Favorite Dish: I tried the char grilled grass fed beef fillet, creamed polenta, crisp fried beans, sautéed spinach & veal jus - excellent beef, perfectly cooked.

• al2401's Profile Photo

Lefty's: A taste of Mexico

by al2401 Updated Sep 11, 2012

Yummy Seafood Chowder

This Mexican/Italian mix restaurant has a great atmosphere. It is always busy but the service is excellent. The owner is usually around the place and is fun to talk with. He ensures that your meal is the best.

Favorite Dish: One of the best seafood chowders I have had and beautifully presented.

For main I had a veal schnitzel with a scallopini sauce featured on the specials board.

Price is based on main meal only.

ba Vigo and Yabbies: TWO Little Places Side by Side

ba Vigo

Just had to put these two in. They are side by side like twins right down near the main area of Cotton Tree looking over to parkland.

Both have outside dining ... al Fresco

Meals are very different to each other and quite reasonable.

ba Vigo has a Spanish theme even Spanish beer and wine. Yabbies more local ...fresh fish.

I love the Spatchcock at ba Vigo but I have to order this ahead so it is not too hot for my palate.

Re price...both reasonable...there are much more expensive ones about. But if you go too cheap you get "greasy spoon"

Favorite Dish: At ba Viga Spatchcock and their mint (and something else ) fritters.

At Yabbies the fresh fish of the day.

Mulu Char Restaurant: Contemporary twist on the classic steakhouse

Mulu Char

So we arrive early and are delighted by the African decor and the warm cosy feeling of the restaurant. This is our first time to the newly opened Mulu Char. "Mulu" means healthy we were told and when you read the menu and enjoy what you have chosen you will agree. Free range ...fresh....words I love to see." MULU’S BEEF is ALL NATURAL FREE RANGE sourced from an exceptionally clean environment and wilderness heritage area known for pollution free winds".

One of the reasons we especially went on this particular night was to hear a young musician who plays there from time to time. His name is Pritchie Ray so do try to listen to him at Mulu Char sometime soon. You might need to ask when he will be there.

The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.

Favorite Dish: Tonight we shared some herb and garlic cob loaf and crispy soft shell crab, pickled cucumber & peri peri aioli as entee. We all would recommend this choice.

For main course I chose Cape Grim beef cheek braised in Nederburg red wine & served with
    whipped mash & green beans * which was so tender it fell into my mouth. It was very filling. Fish and steak were the other choices. You will find a photo of the steak to look at as well as the decor, the beer,and us

We have been again and sampled more of the South African fare.

Some meals are served on a board...a bit different.

But do make a booking and choose what appeals to you...that is the best way.

There is also a tempting dessert menu.

Prices vary with your choice but we were very happy. Check the website for current prices.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

See Restaurant: Hidden on "The Wharf"

See the water

Well we had been told this was a great place to eat. So we arrived at The Wharf complex at Mooloolaba and it took us a moment or two to find this charming restaurant hidden right on the edge of the water. You can almost touch the little boats a they sail past. What a beautiful experience. We had a table right next to the window.
    If you want somewhere a bit special you will be happy with See. Dress elegant casual.

There was some fine wine and the others enjoyed the sweets. I am actually a "nothing sweet about me" girl form the book telling us that the fructose part of sugar is deadly... more info see our website links
    palmyra farmand select Health Links.

Back to See Restaurant... the other main course dishes were very enjoyable and the staff were very friendly . And "yes" we went back again and again.
    I would recommend a visit.

Favorite Dish: For me the "fish of the day" is my favourite. I love local "wild" fish especially if it is cooked beautifully.
    They had a very nice "sticky fig" desert...a change from the "date variety"

Photos courtesy See restaurant

daisy's place: Fresh as a Daisy

by wise23girl Updated Feb 24, 2012

As fresh as a Daisy exactly describes this restaurant, cafe, bar which you will find in what I probably should say is Glenview, Sunshine Coast, Queensland where the Steve Irwin Way joins the Bruce Highway. Once this was known as the Rustic Cabin.

See the photos of the fresh as a daisy decor.

The surrounds are just lovely ....and the traffic on Steve Irwin Way will not bother you.

There is an upstairs private room but there is no view.

Worth a trip from your accommodation on the coast...Maroochydore/Caloundra ...ample parking.

Favorite Dish: VT member mustanghk (my favourite travel agent) has been there a number of times since the opening 2 months ago and loves the food.

Today we had coffee and scones and a "flower tea"

2012.
    Price is always tricky..it depends on what you choose but a woodfired pizza is $A23 to 28...an entree $12 to 24...Tasmanian Salmon fillet $28 (gluten free) ...Moroccan vegetable burger $20

Cafe Phon: Thai .. a bit different

by wise23girl Updated Aug 18, 2011

From outside

We have only been twice now. Up to 3 2011...The first time we were taken by a friend who goes there often for lunch and evening meals. The staff knew him and were very nice to him and in fact to all customers when we were there.
    Each time we chose the snapper ....and it was a generous serve. Our guests had the curry things and rice and said the food was "yummy". Even took home a "doggy" bag.

It is not the most expensive restaurant on the Coast but the outlook is really very pleasant ;you can see the parkland and the Maroochy River from most of the tables.

Our friend told us the food is always good and our meal certainly was. We will go back

The tables were set very nicely and you could purchase soft drink etc or BYO wine

Favorite Dish: Snapper with rice....well it is the only dish we tried . And it is the Chefs special.
    It was cooked differently to other fish I have eaten...in Thai way I guess. I am not usually a fan of Thai but this was exceptional.

Lefty's Restaurant: The Younger Group have Stolen the Show

by wise23girl Updated Apr 4, 2011

A Younger Crowd Now

Well the floor show is mine host Lefty. Locals vie with each other on who has known B.C. (Lefty) the longest. He is quite a character. Yell "Hoochie" at him and he will know who sent you.
    More recently a younger crowd have been seen around the bar. Son Gene and Co are in on the act.

Hey, here comes Lefty weaving/ riding his bike back from Duport Tavern (bit of food and pokies there as well) to make sure you are being looked after according to his wishes . Son, Gene is out front most of the time now . Gene has worked in France! Then there is Alice the long time cook who will sometimes poke her head out from the kitchen.

I do like the bar. Soft light Just a little worn but it has "that feel" and there is a print of a Wolf Pack that always attracts my attention on the wall behind. Cathy (Mrs Lefty) is responsible for that and other original paintings. She can cook too.

Usually these days the little restaurant is quite busy. Son Gene now has quite a following and there is a bit of conversation in French.

Favorite Dish: Well my favourite meal was" a specially made for us" Steamed chicken with Vegetables. Lefty was aghast that something like that came out of his kitchen (behind his back I might add).

He does serve a tasty Gatamala dip (traditional Mexican avocado ) and not to be missed if you are not off sweet things there is Mexican fruit cake.

Only recently have a tried the coffee and ,hey, the cappuccino was really nice.

There is plenty of parking .

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

Il Secondo: Italian Trattoria by the water

by pedroswift Updated Apr 4, 2011

Looking for good food in a casual waterside setting at a price more affordable than the top restaurants in Maroochydore. Go no further than Il Secondo, Rustic Italian Trattoria in the M-One building along the estuary that flows into the Maroochy River at the start of Duporth Avenue.
    As the name suggests, this is the second eating establishment owned by Tony and Melisa Kelly in the area. Their very successful The Wine Bar restaurant is located facing the same estuary but on the east side of Duporth Avenue.
    I have eaten at The Wine Bar several times and had expectations that Il Secondo would be above average in every department. I was not disappointed.
    It reminded me of a couple of places that I had visited in Italy. The décor features furnishings and fittings imported from Italy including a fully restored Vespa motor scooter at the entry. The prominent blackboard menu of specials of the day and the graphics on the wall all blend in.
    The menu is quite extensive. A selection of breads: 4 types of Bruschetta ($5). Antipasti: selection of four. Prima Piatti (entrée): selection of four ($15 average). Pizza: ten types ($15-24). Pasta: seven from menu more from specials board. Secondi Piatti: four mains - fish, chicken, lamb, beef.($24) Salads&Sides: choice of three. Dolci (dessert) five choices. Formaggio(cheese) five Italian varieties. More daily choices on the black board. All pasta made freshly on the premises daily.
    The wine list is very good with a range of Australian and imported wine by glass and bottle. You may BYO- bring your own bottled wine only. There is a choice of local and imported beers as well.
    Wheel chair accessible.
    Service was friendly and attentive.

Favorite Dish: The food is everything one could wish for in an Italian place. My eating companions have Italian heritage and claim to be gnocchi experts. It was a big hit with them.
    I started with one each of the four Bruschetta which included caramelized onion, rosemary & white anchovy & olive tapenade & Yarra Valley Persian fetta. Enjoyed them all. Madam spoke highly of the white fish with Sicilian salsa ($25) that she chose for a main and I selected ,as a main, the Risotto Giorno from the blackboard which that day was Byron Bay Berkshire Pork Sausage w/ spinach, and Persian fetta. This turned out to be tasty and creamy.
    My other companions chose a selection of dishes and they all promised that the food was so good that they would return.
    Advertised on the blackboard were some specials: "The Long Italian Lunch" each Sunday from 12pm-3pm. $35 per person Bookings essential & "Italian for Lunch" Monday - Saturday which features Hand Made Pasta, Risotto or Pizza w/ side salad and a glass of house wine $19 per person. Sounds like a bargain. Can't wait to visit the Sunshine Coast on a Sunday.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo

Nouveau Restaurant: Outlook to pool and lagoon

by robertgaz Updated Nov 18, 2008

Nouveau Restaurant

The Nouveau Restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and an all you can eat buffet dinner each night.

It is fully licensed with a good selection of local and imported beers and a large variety of Australian wines.

Opening hours:

Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner
    6.30am - 10.30am (Daily)
    12 noon - 2.30pm (Monday-Sunday)
    6.00pm - 9.30pm (Sunday-Thursday) and
    6.00pm - 10.00pm (Friday & Saturday)

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

EBB: Waterfront Dining in Style

by pedroswift Updated Sep 11, 2008

We recently had the pleasure of luncheon with a view of the Maroochy River at "Ebb" which is located in the Duporth Riverside Apartment building.
    The restaurant has inside and outside dining and we had been allocated an outside table which was swapped without any difficulty when we asked for one inside because of the gusty wind.
    "Style, location, unsurpassed service and innovative menus combine to create the experience that is ebb waterfront dining and cellar" - according to the restaurant's web page summary. I can not dispute that statement. The staff were extremely accommodating and knowledgeable. The menu and wine list very innovative with something for everyone. Presentation & service outstanding.
    Wines : by the bottle from AUD 30 - by the glass average $8.50 (champagne $22). Beers: Lite $4-5; Premium $5 - 6.50; Imported $6 -6.50.
    Food: Entree $18.50 to $21.50. Mains 31.50 to $34. Sides $7. Dessert $14.50. An outstanding selection of Cheeses (all imported) $10.50 one serve; $7 for extras. Vegetarian dishes on request.
    A lunch time Menu du Jour was available also. Main & sweets with house wine for $35.00
    Easy disabled access.

Favorite Dish: Our entrees were outstanding. Seared scallops - smoked salmon & aubergine puree - truffle salt - foie gras - & truffle butter beignet - chive oil was a big hit with my daughter. Our choices ( Spanish ham & crab risotto with exotic accomaniments ) were equally delicious. Our mains of Steak, Fish and Duck could not be faulted. All in all: a memorable lunch. Now we must go back for dinner some day!

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Maroochydore

Comments

Maroochydore Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Maroochydore restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maroochydore sightseeing.