Maryborough Local Customs

• Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Maryborough

STYLES OF MARYBOROUGH HOMES

by balhannah Written Sep 3, 2013

Whether your from Overseas or from Australia and visiting Maryborough, there is a good chance that you will not know the era and styles of many of the old Queenslander homes in Maryborough.

Maryborough is one of the best Cities to see these homes, and there is such a large variety too!
    If you wish to find out more, then head to the BOND STORE MUSEUM in Wharf Street. For a gold coin donation, you can visit this interesting museum and read all about these homes.
    There are photo's of each style of home and description about each. I found this really interesting and did find some of the photographed homes!

• Museum Visits
    • Architecture

THE LOCAL BUTCHER

by balhannah Written Sep 1, 2013

Good Butcher

When we are on holiday's, we like to buy meat as we go! In country towns or cities, I like to buy from the old fashioned Corner Store. These stores need our business, as gradually the big Supermarket's are taking over.

On the corner of Lennox street, a few steps from Brennan & Geraghty's Store, is the Corner Butcher shop [Fraser Coast Meating Place - The Pork Place].

I went in a bought meat for a BBQ, as Maryborough had lots of nice parks and free Barbies.
    The Butcher told me, most of the meat was home grown. Interesting, the prices were cheaper than the Supermarket, as for the Meat,......Let me say, the Supermarket has some catching up to do, as all the meat I bought was full of flavor and melted in our mouth's. I just wished this Butcher lived near me!

BUSKER'S!

by balhannah Written Aug 27, 2013

Aboriginal Harmonica busker

Market Day's and Busker's go together where -ever you are in the World.
    Some are good, some are terrible, some are different and some are very entertaining.

On Thursday Market Day, I came across this Aboriginal Busker in Ellena Street. He was playing a Hamonica and was excellent! We stopped and listened for a short while, then threw some money in his hat and I asked if I could take a photo. He had quite a few notes in the hat, so was doing very well.
    Harmonica's for sale.

• Music

Instant Answers: Maryborough

Comments

Maryborough Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Maryborough local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maryborough sightseeing.