Mooloolaba Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Mooloolaba

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

the Velo project: create.eat.drink.listen.laugh.

by wise23girl Written Jun 12, 2013

Where are we? Mooloolaba...Sunshine Coast...Queensland...AUSTRALIA
    VELO
    Where a Group of Talented Creatives from around the Globe bring to life International Brands Simple Fresh food and Artisan Espresso

I asked my granddaughter if this was 'hip' and she said 'yes' so if you want something different this is certainly the place to come....so just look at the photos.

So much to choose from on the menu...and all sourced locally and organic where possible.

There were roses for sale and some delightful jonquils....I was given a bunch to take home by my girls..

Favorite Dish: I had turkey and cranberry salad on bruschetta and an espresso...There were some very tempting cakes...and I saw the chef making pancakes.

Free wifi
    Open Monday to Sunday 7am to 3pm
    Closed Anzac Day

At the Spit: Fish and Chips

by wise23girl Updated Oct 25, 2012

Now there are a number of shops selling fish and chips here at The Spit and the beauty of it is that this is where the trawlers come in so you are assured of top quality fresh fish.

All you have to do is walk or drive to the end of Parkyn Parade and make your choice. There is one fisn and chip shop right next door to Fish on Parkyn restaurant and at least two more around the corner.

Now I just noticed last night (2012) you can buy 'up market' fish and chips at the restaurant....they come in white paper...served on a dinner plate at table. Must check the cost next time!

One of the fish and chip places has an upstairs eating area as well if you prefer that to the grass.

Favorite Dish: Fish and chips out of the packet sitting near the beach

main photo from the website

Sakana Sushi Bar, Mooloolaba: Looks Good

by wise23girl Written Sep 18, 2012

Well by the number of patrons 'tucking in' the food must be pretty good....in fact our young friends told us "The food is so fresh and delicious we are telling our mates to go very soon"

We often visit 'Fish on Parkyn' and the Sushi Bar is part of that complex. Some of the tables are inside and others 'al fresco'

We have seen the Sushi business grow in front of our eyes.

We were told the owner of 'Fish on Parkyn' is helping his son by giving space for the Sushi tables.

They boast the largest range of Japanese Beers on the Coast!

Favorite Dish: Well might I say 'sushi' though they now boast of being the first to have Yakiniku Japnese BBQ tables whatever that might mean.

Takeaway available during kitchen operating hours. Staff may not be able to sell takeaway outside these time

Wed to Sun Lunch 12:00

Dinner from 6:00pm

Monday & Tuesday – Closed

More Restaurants: Don't miss these

by wise23girl Written Sep 12, 2012

It is so difficult to to place these restaurant reviews where you will find them easily.... Mooloolaba, Alexandra Headlands, Cotton Tree, and Maroochydore are 'side by side'...so where do you start? So much time to look on every travel page.

I am hoping these links will be of assistance when you are looking for somewhere special..

So let us look at the eating places I do not have listed in Mooloolaba reviews but are either in Mooloolaba or close by.

See Restaurant :On the Wharfupmarket

Cafe Phon :Thaibudget

ba Vigo & Yabbies:side by sideba Vigo Spanish

Lefty's: a bit differentbudget

Mulu CharSouth African food & theme

Daisy's Place: a little drive on the highway

Harry's on Buderimupmarket

Food was a surprise: Hogs Breath Cafe

by wise23girl Written Sep 4, 2012

Well I went to Hogs Breath with the idea in the back of my mind that as I had a guest from Brisbane with me I would have to make a quick exit and go to close by up-market See Restaurant if the food at Hogs Breath was only 'so so'....why was I there then? Well it was a Virtual tourist Meet so.......

Not being a 'steak person' (and those that ordered steaks loved them) I did not know what to have...another Caesar salad seemed the only choice?

Then a spied a grilled fish dish on the menu...maybe with lemon...and I have to admit it tasted very nice indeed.

Would I go back? Well probably not as there are other places I prefer but just the same if you want to try out this Aussie icon...well "give it a go"

Le Baroque: Not far from Mooloolaba

by wise23girl Written Sep 3, 2012

VTers enjoy

For the best quality food on the coast you only have to travel a short way from Mooloolaba by car...in fact some VT members have walked!
    Le Baroque is a restaurant and tea house...but they make good coffee as well.

You will love the decor and the cosmopolitan staff. Today it is "Bonjour" but with another staff member it might be "Hola"

At the moment Le Baroque is open every day from about 9am. On Sundays breakfast is served and I might challenge those who say other places "have the best breakfast on the coast"...they have not been here!

Favorite Dish: I love their omelets and salads. And you usually have the option of a lunch menu...maybe some nice fish...but you will also enjoy the selection of sweets and the special Queenies tea

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Emjays.: My favorite coffee place in Mooloolaba.

by cachaseiro Written Sep 2, 2012

Emjays coffeeshop in mooloolaba.

I spend a few days in mooloolaba and when i am in a town for more than a day then i soon search the places that serves good coffee and has free wifi as i need to get online for work every day and i like to sit and surf a bit every day too.
    I took the whole line of coffee places in Mooloolaba and fell in love with Emjays cause they had really good coffee, free wifi and a bookswap which i thought was really cool too.
    Very cosy little place by the seafront with very friendly waitresses and a nice laid back atmosphere.
    I went there every day during my 4 days in Mooloolaba and will be back the next time i am in town.

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

Flame Hill: Great place for a restaurant

by al2401 Updated Sep 1, 2012

Flame Hill vineyards are on the Blackall Range west of Mooloolaba.

The winery 'cellar door' and restaurant are in a converted 'Old Queenslander' style house with wide verandahs and a spectacular view. We decided to combine lunch with some wine tasting during our day out on the Blackall Range.

After the tasting - so that we knew what to order - we were shown to our table. Our order was taken promptly and the wine arrived. Unfortunately it took an hour before our meals arrived. This may have been due to that fact that while we were tasting a large group of diners arrived.

The food, when it arrived, was very good. I will give it another go.

Favorite Dish: I, and one of the party, had the roasted lamb with cummin and coriander. It was quite a good serve and cooked well. The other membes of our party had a beef cheek entree served with a shiraz jus and asparagus spears. Both enjoyed the dish but found it small after the long wait.

Prices are shown on the menu to be found by a link on the website

Hogs Breath Cafe: Great steaks

by al2401 Written Sep 1, 2012

In a world of foreign owned franchises it is great to find an Aussie one and an incredibly successful one at that. The first restaurant was opened in Airlie Beach in 1989 soon followed by the second at Mooloolaba. Within 25 years there were 73 restaurants around Australia and now in New Zealand.

The ambience is traditional Hogs Breath - 60's automotive and corrugated iron!

They have made their name on the Prime Rib steak - it is the most tender steak I have ever eaten.

Favorite Dish: I had a natural Prime Rib - light cut with vegetables and potato and a tub of pepper sauce. Delicious and oh so tender.

Mooloolaba Yacht Club: The Yacht Club is reborn

by al2401 Updated Sep 1, 2012

You could always get a good meal at the Yacht Club but the atmosphere was a bit dingy. With the refurbishment the place has opened up around a large central bar with the restaurant at one end and a dance floor band area at the other. Still the same great aspect over the Mooloolah River.

Favorite Dish: I had the Fish & Chips which was beautiful freshly caught fish lightly fried in beer batter served with a green salad.

Olivers: Best Breakfast on the Coast

by al2401 Written Sep 1, 2012

Breakfast at Olivers

Olivers is situated on the street level of the Sirroco hotel. What better place to go for breakfast. Sitting in the sun with the beach just across the road - winter in South East Queensland.

Great service, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: The 'Special' of the day was bacon, eggs and tomato with thick hot buttered toast - I chose poached eggs because I can't be bothered to do them at home. A good serving with lashings of bacon.

O'Malley's Irish Pub: More Irish than Irish

by al2401 Written Aug 25, 2012

Beef and Guiness Pie

Definitely a pub atmosphere with an Irish theme but a great ambience and themed food.

Complete with Irish band we had a good night.

Favorite Dish: I had the traditional Beef and Guiness Pie and being a 'Thursday Night is Irish Night' all Irish dishes were $10AUD.

Traditional beef stew with the puff pastry top served in a ramekin. The meat was well cooked and very tasty but you needed a spoon to finish the gravy.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Mooloolaba Surf Club: Great reputation locally

by stevemt Updated Aug 22, 2012

The Mooloolaba Surf Club, right on the beach so the views are fantastic, has a wonderful reputation locally for good fodn at a reasonable price.

Sunday lunch has live music as well.

The sunday breakfast is $17aus, a full buffet breckfast - fantastic and great value for money.

The restaurant it'self overlooks the beach fantastic view of people being physical while you eat.

Favorite Dish: All good here

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Hogs breath.: The most tender steak i ever had.

by cachaseiro Written Aug 22, 2012

Nice steak at Hogs Breath.

I had dinner with a bunch of vt members at the Hogs Breath steakhouse one evening and that was a resataurant of my liking.
    The steak i had was really fantastic and by fat the most tender steak i have ever had.
    I orderd the small steak and it was still about twice the size of what i would get in most other countries, so they know how to cut the meat there.
    The place was very cosy with a nice casual atmosphere and they had some good local beer too.
    This is a chain restaurant with outlets around Australia and i would totally recommend the place if you want some good meat in laid back surroundings.

• Luxury Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Hogs Breath Cafe: A fun night out

by stevemt Updated Aug 18, 2012

Hog's Breath Cafe's are beginning to become an Aussie Icon with franchises springing up all over Australia.

The one is Mooloolaba is at the Mooloolaba Wharf Complex and is good value for money (as they all are)

There is a private room upstairs that can seat up to 60-70 for functions

Favorite Dish: The Steak is to die for

Instant Answers: Mooloolaba

Comments

Mooloolaba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mooloolaba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mooloolaba sightseeing.