Noosa Heads Restaurants

Beach Front Dining
    by pedroswift
    Blackboard menu - all sounds good.
    Beach front view

Best Rated Restaurants in Noosa Heads

Ma Mensa: Delightful Italian Food on Hastings Street

Ma Mensa Restaurant

This restaurant was busy the Tuesday night we visited, however the owner, an old Italian gentleman whose life was the restaurant and his patrons found us a nice table with view of Hastings Street. It was a wet night but the restaurant had a good atmosphere, everyone was enjoying themselves and we amused ourselves by watching the owner greet and say goodnight to his patrons. He still had an eye for the pretty ladies.

Our meal was very nice with entrees being Ciabatta and Insulata carpese whilst we waited for the main course. Main courses were Penne Polpette Au $19 and Ling Vitello $20. Both were large serves and very nice.

Reef Hotel: Pub Restaurant, Very Popular

by Mikebb Written Nov 21, 2006

Reef Hotel

The Reef Hotel was completely remodelled several years ago and has a large modern restaurant which includes a huge alfresco deck for those who like to dine under the stars.
    The Saturday night we visited it was very busy and we had to wait 10 minutes for a table, well worth the wait. When taken to your table you are presented with the menu, your drinks order taken, and when ready to order you have to go to a cashier to order and pay. Meals are delivered to your table. The system works well and we received good quality, well presented meals which we enjoyed. Main courses ranged from Au $18 to $24, however some of the upmarket fish meals might have been a few dollars more.
    I recommend you make a phone reservation to be sure of a table, there is entertainment provided later in the evening.
    There is also a well equipped childrens playroom with many activities for kids from 2 years to say 12 year old, including a wall of playstations and a supervisor.

Pasta Pronto: Very Nice Italian Food, Cheap

Excellent Italian Restaurant

This is a little Italian restaurant, very good meals, they make their own pasta. There are about 10 tables inside and a few more streetside. We enjoyed our meals and the price was good, less than Au $ 20 for main meal, a large serve of beef lasanga. Suggest you phone and book a table.

River Edge Bistro: Nice Decor, Beautiful Food

River Edge Bistro, nice bistro

This is a modern restaurant serving good food which looks across the parkland opposite onto the Noosa River.We had an enjoyable meal late on a Thursday evening. Service was good and my baked fish with Morteon Bay Bug was a treat. My wife enjoyed her lamb strips stir fry.
    Prices were reasonable, but not cheap.
    You can dine al fresco on the sidewalk and enjoy the view.

• Women's Travel

• balhannah's Profile Photo

TEWANTIN RSL CLUB: Cheap - Good Meals

by balhannah Updated Apr 16, 2010

Steak, chips & salad

We arrived at Tewantin at lunch time, so parked the car and went for a walk to find somewhere for take-away food. I was going to have fish & Chips.

A notice at the RSL Club had fish & chips on the menu for $4.95, I couldn’t buy them from a shop for “that price.”
    My husband had Steak, chips & salad, cost $8.95, and he said it melted in his mouth!
    Both were cooked beautifully, were not a huge meal, but big enough for the both of us for lunch.

We will be going back here again for a meal!

• Emphatic's Profile Photo

Red on Thomas: Gourmet Pizza

by Emphatic Written Feb 26, 2006

These Pizzas are the best in Noosa that I've tasted so far.

Loaded with topping and infused with flavours that will have your taste buds doing overtime.

The venue has a dine in option or takeaway.
    The decor of the dining is very tasteful and modern, with a Red theme to co-incide with the Company name. There is a bench seat with large fluffy cushions and a wall to lean against, with a great vantage point to see all that's going on at Red.
    There is an upstairs area as well, although I've never been up there, I've been informed it's a little seedy.
    Down stairs is where the main action happens, and there is a DJ setup at the main entrance obviously to entertain. However I've never seen it used, and it seems more ornimental than functional. I guess they had an idea of making it into a night club type venue but it's more a resturant than entertainment.

Outside dining is available on the footpath to watch the cars goes past and have a smoke. A full bar functions inside, although I haven't really endulged in what they have to offer, I'm fairly sure they have a selection of import and Australian beers and spirits and wines.

Favorite Dish: Red Famous Pizza

• backpackerbaby's Profile Photo

Royal Copenhagen Ice-Cream: My Main Course

by backpackerbaby Written Jul 29, 2005

AUD5 for a lovely dinner!

I had no mood to have fine dining alone. Also no mood to cook for my last night of stay. I just wanted to eat some ice-cream. There were quite many ice-cream stores on the main street. This one drew my attention because the cones it used were freshly made! (yeah, a girl performed the cone making process LIVE!) And perhaps I felt that eating ice-cream was the least guilty thing in this town where everything was so expensive. Ice-cream was perhaps the cheapest thing (as compared to HK) I could enjoy here. Haha.

Favorite Dish: As usual, I took a double-scoop ice-cream. I chose Boysenberry and Mocha. The size of the cone with the scoops was unbelievably huge! It took me quite a while to finish it. It's soooooooooo delicious!

• Emphatic's Profile Photo

Canteen: Best Coffee in Noosa

by Emphatic Written Feb 26, 2006

Canteen is a trendy cafe located in Sunshine Beach rd in the Noosa Junction.
    It can be found next to Subway and across the road from Kentucy Fried Chucken.

Seating is either inside or outside on the sidewalk, with comfortable cushioned bench seats or normal elegant chairs.

The menu has a choice for every taste, and the coffees are done superbly, not burnt or stale!
    My favourite time to visit is for Breakfast, however I have taken the liberty of visiting for lunch now and then. To which they have a selection of fresh cakes and delectables to indulge yourself, or compliment your coffee.

The enviroment is quite pleasant, and you can either watch the business of Noosa happen around you, or sit and talk with friends that's if you're not reading a good article or working on your Pocket PC.

Canteen stocks all the major Newspapers for you to read for free, but get in quick before someone else grabs your favorite paper.
    The wait staff are excellent, and don't leave you waiting like other Noosa cafes. They acknowledge you when you arrive and offer you a table so they can wait on you.

In short: Great Food, Delicious Coffees, refreshing decor and seating, stylish way to meet and eat, not over priced like Hastings St, professional wait staff.

Favorite Dish: Cappuccino, and the Bacon and poached eggs with grilled tomato and mushrooms with balsamic.

• Surfing

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

Bistro C: Lunch on Noosa Beach Front

by pedroswift Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Beach front view

Lunch on Noosa Beach Front

Recently enjoyed lunch at this fabulously located establishment on the beach front off Hastings Street Noosa.

The restaurant offers a number of menus tied into your time of arrival: breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacking, dinner at night.
    We occupied a table in the northwest corner of the dining space with windows affording views of the beach and Noosa Headlands as well as the next door establishment across the access lane. Plenty of people watching to enjoy as well as the water views.
    Our party of six chose a variety of meals from the menu and the blackboard specials.
    Dishes ranged from toasted sandwiches $15 to BBQ Banana Prawns $31.
    Drinks carte was extensive and slightly more expensive than a room without a view (lowest bottle price for still white wine approx $32). Wine available by the glass.
    Diabetic , Gluten Free, Peanut Free, Vegan & Vegetarian options are available.
    There is wheel chair access. Parking in Hastings Street can present a problem.
    Staff were attentive and knowledgeable.
    Opening Hours: Mon - Tue: 08:00 to 11:00 - 12:00 to 15:00 - 18:00 to 22:00
    Wed - Sun: 08:00 to 11:00- 12:00 to 15:00- 18:00 to 23:00

Favorite Dish: Everyone enjoyed the food.
    Among dishes chosen were:
    Twice Cooked Duck with roasted parsnip mash, broccolini, brabdied cumquart glaze $24.
    Spice Crusted Soft Shell Crab with fish cake, shaved fennel, orange& chive salad with verjus vinaigrette $22. also Grilled Mooloolaba King Prawn with Vietnamese bean shoot & pickled veg salad with Nuocham Dressing $24.
    The highlight , of course the fabulous location.
    We will be back for more!

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

Season: Beach Front Dining

by pedroswift Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Beach Front Dining

Noosa is all about the beach and a feature of the place is the beach front restaurants. Season is one of them.
    We had lunch there recently on a fine warm winter's day. Our table was just a few metres from the board walk between the beach and the restaurant.
    The Lunch menu included a la carte and a thirty dollar Lunch Special - three course menu which included a glass of wine.
    Two of my companions chose the "menu" which did describe the offering as "small servings". The entree was duck liver pate with toasts. The main was salmon risotto and dessert was rhubarb crumble with ice cream. The servings turned out to be more than adequate and the accompanying pinot gris wine was a hit as well.
    My choices were olives for a starter and a steak sandwich as main. I was howled down by my companions for this rather mundane choice but I was saving myself to do justice to dinner that night. Besides, it wasn't just a simple steak sambo but Steak , caramelised onion, rocket, aioli, semi dried tomato, chips ($16.5). More than I could handle : only ate half the chips.
    Others in the party had Seared scallops, saffron potato gnocchi, sage, mustard fruits & chorizo (entree size 19 main 29) - BBQ chicken Entree of Caesar salad with crisp pancetta & parmesan croutons (16.5) Atlantic salmon fishcakes, rocket, lime & aioli (16.5).
    I sampled all the above mentioned and agreed with the thumbs up comments from everyone.
    Wine was available by bottle and glass from an extensive wine list. Prices for wine were expensive. Could not find a bottle listed for less than about thirty-five dollars. Sparkling wine by the glass $12 for Australian $24 for French. Still wine $10 average per glass.
    Season is full licensed and BYO (bring your own bottle) is not available.
    Season is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
    Access to the dining level is easy for wheel chairs and there is a toilet for the disabled.
    Service from the staff was exemplary.
    Suggest you ring ahead to secure a table near the beach. Solo or a couple? Ask to sit at the bar/bench which fronts the beach.

Favorite Dish: I'm going back for dinner one night to discover my favourite dish. I have to agree with the blurb on the webpage:
    "This stylishly sleek restaurant offers the best in beachfront dining....... . We have created a menu that highlights the freshest of produce and our innovative dishes ensure that there is something for everyone."

Instant Answers: Noosa Heads

Comments

Noosa Heads Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Noosa Heads restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Noosa Heads sightseeing.