Port Douglas Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Port Douglas

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Snorkeler's Paradise

by DEBBBEDB Updated Apr 2, 2015

Favorite thing: My mother knew that my grandmother was going to take me to the Great Barrier Reef to snorkel, so she sent me on the trip with a camera that I could use underwater. I took a lot o photos of the fish and coral. I've been snorkeling in the Caribbean a lot, so I've seen fish and coral before, but this was extra special. . I was sorry that my grandmother was sick and didn't get to come with us, so I tried to take photos to show her and my dad what it was like. But taking photos underwater is a little more complicated than taking them on land and I wish I had more time to practice

Fish and many types of coral coral heads fish around the boat flat coral Fish swims into the photo
    • Cruise
    • Sailing and Boating

• lynee's Profile Photo

weather

by lynee Written Oct 20, 2009

Favorite thing: June to august is the dry season but this is also the tourist high season or peak season. Often accommodation etc charge more from June 1st to October 31st. (but definitely more expensive and crowded June to August.) I have been there in Sept/Oct and weather was nice and it wasn't too crowded. Of course it can still rain in the dry season, just not as much. here is a good link I found for you.

• Research on www.tourismportdouglas.com.au

by samstar Updated Nov 20, 2007

Favorite thing: There is so much to do here but you need to scratch the surface to find it. Research your arse off and ask plenty of questions. Go and see the website

www.tourismportdouglas.com.au;

It has a video preview section 'must do' section - use it. It has all the best spots.

Contact them and they will give you a local's low down.

Enjoy I am off to Queenstown.

Fondest memory: Hand feeding a 2 metre Cod
    Reef Sprinter (a boat)
    PK Jungle Village
    Mossman Gorge
    Courthouse Hotel Sunday Session
    Four Mile Beach

from the look out - msut get up there Sunrise - 3 out of 6 days like this Four Mile Beach Main Street - Macrossan Street Four Mile Beach - pure magic
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Beer Tasting

• doratri's Profile Photo

Two Greatest people in Port Douglas

by doratri Written Jan 28, 2007

Favorite thing: There are two really special people who call Port Douglas home. And they are the couple who run the small seaside lunchstand by the beach at the Port Douglas Terrace lodging. They are the most friendly and most helpful two people anyone could ever want to meet. They are sweet and caring and courageous. When I got in a spot of trouble on the beach, they rescued me. We joked about the tatooed balls the rest of the week. I feel they are close as a brother and sister to me. They are really swell folks. If you come to the four mile beach at Port Douglas, look up the Terrace lunchstand where you'll find Roy and his wife, my friends.

• Go snorkeling if you're uncomfortable with scuba

by lostdesi Written Apr 14, 2005

Favorite thing: You don't have to scuba to see the Great Barrier Reef - the coral ecosystem needs sunlight, so a lot of the growth and activity occurs right near the water surface. Wavelength Tours leads small groups out to the reef, and we had a blast with them.

• Beaches
    • Eco-Tourism

• Alain_Smeets's Profile Photo

Why going to the Reef?

by Alain_Smeets Written Feb 23, 2004

Favorite thing: A day at the Reef is something totally different then what I did before. While you are snorkelling in salty water of the Ocean, you see the coral floating by. Exploring the underwater beauty of the Reef is an amazing experience.

There was also a semi sub that showed us the underwater world. You sit in this boat and you have some glass windows to see the life in the Ocean.

If you want you can also do a dive initiation and do a short excursion to the ocean floor or fly over the Reef in a helicopter.

That last one I did also and it's amazing.

Fondest memory: A day at the Reef is a day that you will never forget, I had some much impressions coming towards me that day, that gave me memories I will cherish.

You will never forget the coloured underwater world.

The Great Barrier Reef

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

The road leading into the city

by Kate-Me Written Oct 24, 2003

Favorite thing: The road leading in to Port Douglas is quite unique compared to the other places we visited....the road is completely lined on both sides by a long avenue of palm trees, with the effect that you feel like you're driving along Hollywood Boulevarde or something, with country clubs and enormous hotels also lining the way.

Boulevarde
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Port Douglas

Comments

Port Douglas Favorites

Reviews and photos of Port Douglas favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Douglas sightseeing.