Port Douglas Sports & Outdoors

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Port Douglas

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Great Barrier Reef

by DEBBBEDB Updated Sep 4, 2012

My grandmother wanted to snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef. But she was too sick to go, so I went by myself.

Equipment: Quicksilver supplies masks, snorkels, fins and Lycra suits. Bring along a towel, sunscreen, hat, swimwear and camera. Limited underwater digital cameras are available to hire onboard but I had my own. My grandmother told me to take some cash just in case I wanted to go on the guided snorkeling tour or buy something.

Me in the water Me on the ship's deck Mooring ball Me and Arden Taking my photo
    • Water Sports
    • Diving and Snorkeling
    • Cruise

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Exercising 'Coastcare'

by DSwede Updated Nov 22, 2009

If you enjoy walking or jogging, then this is the thing for you. Circling Port Douglas, there are 15 signboards, labeled "Exercising Coastcare".

Walking the circuit may take 1h30 minutes. Jogging may take only 45 minutes.

The signboards give wonderful information about the local lands, habitat, animals, resources, etc.

They are situated along the perimeter of the town, so that you can run along the beach, above the town center, through some parks, past the marina and back to the beach.

Equipment: Its free. All you need is walking/jogging attire and possibly some water if you go in the heat of the day.

Informative signs along the morning walk
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Eco-Tourism

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Learn how to Scuba Dive!

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 17, 2006

One of the my favorite things about our trip to Port Douglas was my three scuba dives. I was a first timer, so this was really a phenomenal experience. It was tough to imagine that my first experience with scuba is also in one of the best places in the world to scuba dive, so this was just unbelievable.

My first dive took place on the Quicksilver Platform, after taking instruction from my dive instructor, Richard Murphy. Richard was extremely professional, and was constantly watching his four new divers as they performed the tasks in their first dive. In the picture, you can see him providing us with instructions on how to clear our mask and re-fresh our regulators underwater.

We really enjoyed our time on the bottom, where I actually found Nemo!

Equipment: All the equipment needed was on board the boat, so all you need to do is pay and go!

Scuba Diving

Instant Answers: Port Douglas

Comments

Port Douglas Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Port Douglas sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Douglas sightseeing.