Yorkeys Knob Travel Guide

Swimming pool
  • Hotels

Yorkeys Knob Things to Do

by dlandt Updated Dec 5, 2003

We went to the night zoo from Yorkey's Knob and they arranged pickup and dropoff. This is really cool, but I would call them before I book. What they offer is a high quality barbecue and all the free alcohol you can guzzle, followed by a tour of their small zoo. The animals here are of the nocturnal variety so most of them, like koalas, are actually awake. They get a little daring with the crocodiles and you can feed the kangaroos. See the travelogues for more pictures, but my wife's favorite was the wombat. The only bad thing I have to say is that after dinner, they brought in a tour bus with way too many (but very nice) Japanese tourists. I would call and make sure that they aren't planning on doing that if I were to go again.

Wombat
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Theme Park Trips
    • Zoo

by dlandt Updated Dec 5, 2003

This was probably my favorite moment of the entire trip to Australia, just leisurely strolling along the beach and picking up colored shellfish. The ones shown here are alive.

Clams

by dlandt Written Nov 26, 2003

I'm not saying I had sex on the beach, but the beach is large and secluded enough that in theory you could. There are several miles of white beaches stretching out in any direction and for the most part, its empty. There is one small section that has a netted section for swimmers, to protect them from jellyfish, sharks, and crocodiles. I'd never seen anything like the rest of it, just endless clicks of white sand.

Me on the beach

Yorkeys Knob Hotels

Yorkeys Knob Shopping

by dlandt Written Nov 26, 2003

This is all there is. Like I said its a very small town. Pretty much all necessities can be purchased here, and the takeaway is really good, but you won't see Gucci planning a shop in the near future.

What to buy: Food and sundries are inexpensive and easy to buy, they take credit cards.

What to pay: Typical Australian prices.

Yorkey's Knob

Yorkeys Knob Favorites

by dlandt Written Nov 26, 2003

Favorite thing: Anyone can come here. Yorkey's Knob has a small marinia with a very nice restaurant and casual, outdoor lounge. The views at sunset are quite nice.

Fondest memory: I discovered Australian cider here, to my delight.

Marina

Instant Answers: Yorkeys Knob

Comments

Yorkeys Knob Travel Guide
Map of Yorkeys Knob