The Garage, Adelaide

Waymouth Street, Adelaide

Know about this? Rate It!

• Garage: Pure Dancing

by PetStarr Written Dec 27, 2002

I have never been to this club before about 3am, and I don't want to. I've heard it's great, but to me the atmosphere is all wrong, and the crowd stinks. However, having said that, if you are still out at 3am and still want to get your groove on in a big way, head to Garage. The dancefloor is large, and the music is LOUD!!! If you like your dance music loud and you don't care what you have to do to get it, go here.

Dress Code: No dress code.

• Ilena's Profile Photo

I recommend: The Garage, The...

by Ilena Written Sep 8, 2002

I recommend: The Garage, The Oyster Bar, Fumo Blue, the Crown and Anchor and New York Bar and Grill.
    The Garage - probably the coolest place in Adelaide./

The Oyster Bar - incredibly nice bar staff. If you love oysters, this is the place for you. If you don't (like me), they do have a cheese platter and the atmosphere is great for a drink anyway./

Fumo Blue - they have clownfish and that's enough for me./

Crown and Anchor (Cranker) - very casual, usually has decent music, bar, pool tables, some live music. If you are female, take some tissues because I've only ever seen toilet paper in there once./

New York Bar & Grill - don't go if you are over 20 or hate pop music. However, if you have just hit 18 and love J-Lo and Britney, go to Bubblegum on a Thursday night because it's a lot of fun. But when they tell you that you can request any song you like and they'll play it, don't believe them. I requested Transylvanian Concubine by Rasputina. They told me it wasn't very 'Bubblegum'. Also, they are VERY strict with ID checks. If you are over 18, take either your driver's licence or passport and if you are under 18 you will need a very convincing fake ID.

Dress Code: The Garage - dress very nicely. Denim is not permitted./

The Oyster Bar - Dressy casual. You can wear denim but do make an effort./

Fumo Blue - Dressy casual./

Crown & Anchor - casual. There are all sorts here./

New York Bar & Grill - scanty.

Instant Answers: Adelaide